Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare product choice question

I need some recommendations on skincare. I'm 44 really fair skin no freckles and very few wrinkles.  I seem to have combination skin but get redness. I need a face wash  , cream , masks and toner/ moisturizer suggestions  especially those without benzene. 

Re: Skincare product choice question

Hey, you mentioned you have combination skin but that's pretty vague. Do you have concerns/struggles with dry or oily skin? 

First Aid Beauty has a great hydrating toner which has ingredients that are good for calming the skin (eg redness). Tower 28 also have some great products for redness and sensitivity. 

If you wear makeup and sunscreen then you should have a double cleanse routine in the evening. The Oat cleansing balm by the ordinary is a decent oil based cleanser. Then you should have another cleanser that's for your skin type.

It's hard to make recommendations without knowing your skin type but here are a few moisturizers (but I would double check for benzene): 

Oily- First Aid Beauty Coconut water cream, Inkey List oat moisturizer, Glow Recipe plum plump hyaluronic cream

Dry- SkinFix barrier repair moisturizer, Inkey List peptide moisturizer, CeraVe hydrating moisturizer, Tatcha dewy skin cream

Also I'm not big on Tanner's/tints but i believe drunk elephant, glow recipe and supergloop have tint products that are well liked. 

Retinol could also help with redness and may be worth introducing to your routine. It helps with cell turn over, collagen production and wrinkles. The Inkey List 1% retinol is good for beginners and is to be used twice a week, only apply at night. 

Re: Skincare product choice question

Skincare products work differently on every skin, not to mention the price ranges haha, but here are some ideas based on what you gave 🙂

Cleanser TULA Skincare The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser 

Toner Mario Badescu Witch Hazel & Rosewater Toner 8 oz/ 236 mL 

Face serum The INKEY List SuperSolutions 10% Azelaic Serum Redness Relief Solution 1 oz / 30 mL 

Moisturizer Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Skin Barrier Redness Recovery Moisturizer 1.86 oz / 55 ml 

Spf Glossier Invisible Shield Water-Gel Transparent Face Sunscreen SPF 35 1 oz / 30 mL 

Face masks:

Origins Out of Trouble™ 10 Minute Face Mask to Rescue Problem Skin 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

TULA Skincare Claycation™ Detoxing & Toning Face Mask Stick 1.23 oz/ 35 mL 

MILK MAKEUP Watermelon Brightening Face Mask 1 oz/ 30 g 

Optional products:

Vitamin C (morning) Glossier Super Glow Vitamin C Brightening Face Serum 1 oz / 30 mL   vitamin c serum is for brightening your face and help even skin tone 

Retinol (night) The Ordinary Retinol 0.5% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL Retional serum is for anti aging, it helps get rid of fine lines and wrinkles

Exfoliating (morning or night) Herbivore Milky Way 10% AHA + Oat Soothing Exfoliating Serum 1 oz / 30 mL An exfoliating serum helps smooth and even skin textures, helps with prevent pore build up and removes dead skin cells 

If you need help with anything else, feel free to let me know! Hope this helps!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing