Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare order?

I've been dabbling more into skincare the older i get, and i was wondering what order to apply it. Didn't include Sunscreen but i do include one everyday. Any recommendations or critique is welcomed! Do i need a serum? Essence? 

I have oily acne-prone skin! I've learned to embrace my oily skin, meaning i'm not afraid of face oils and don't really like a super dry matte face.

Here are the products i have:

• Simple Micellar Water (I use this to remove makeup, dirt, and etc)
  • FAB Cleanser (I like to double cleanse)
  • The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane (i use this everyday)
  • Origins Matte Moisturizer with Willowherb (love this for daytime)
  • Dr.Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream (Mostly use this at night)

Some other products i use:

• The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution (use twice a week)
  • The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion (every other day)

##

Re: Skincare order?

hey @ericapzs ! I would absolutely add a stand-alone sunscreen everyday. Sunscreenn should be the last step in your skin care routine. I love the clairins UV tinted sunscreen for summer so that I can get away without a base colour but you might want to try out the Sephora Favourites sun kit. Lots of options to try and a portion of proceeds go to skin cancer research! 

Thank you for your response! I didn't include sunscreen in the product list because i'm happy with the one i'm using. I use Clinque's UV tinted sunscreen everyday 🙂 

@ericapzs 

Hello, other Erica! I am an Erika as well 🤓

I actually have no critiques on your current skincare routine. I have oily skin as well and pretty much use the same types of products as you and they have helped with toning down my oils. The only thing I would add IF you want to try it, is a toner for your oily skin. You don’t NEED it if you are already using a mattifying moisturizer but again, if you want to try something new, you can always incorporate a toner to help with too much oil production. I personally use SUNDAY RILEY - Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner

and have tried OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mLas well and liked it very much. I have heard nothing but great things about tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mLas well.

Can we use tarte knockout treatment toner and The Ordinary Squalane in one routine?? I have dry and dull skin and trying to find skin care routine which can help me with moisturizing. 

@deepika247 Yes you can use both of those within the same routine. 

I've never really used a toner but heard great reviews about the Olehenriksen toner! I'll look into it! Thank you 🙂

RE: Re: Skincare order?

The one thing you may want to watch out for is adding a toner when you are already doing that Ordinary peel twice a week. Normally something like that is meant to be used only once a week and you don’t want to fry your skin! 🙂
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing