Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skincare for texture

I am 23 years old and I am looking for a product that makes my skin look healthy. I have ouly skin, acne marks and acne with light texture all over. What would you recommend?

Re: Skincare for texture

Hi,  I have similar issues, although I am in my early 40s. I have extremely oily skin along with some acne scars. Couple products I can recommend, not all are at Sephora though. After washing your face with a good, mild cleanser ( I am currently using Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser - which is also a makeup remover, and is non-comedogenic), you need to moisturize your skin (sounds counter productive, but makes a big difference in keeping your skin from over producing oil.) I find that CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion is great as it has hyaluronic acid in it, and the lotion is lightweight and doesn't cause further outbreaks. Applying a primer to your skin before makeup is really important for us oily girls, and I highly recommend Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL. It's pricey but it's the best I've come up with. My favorite setting powder for make up is TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection. Smells great, really holds back oil, and doesn't change the color of the foundation. SMASHBOX - Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primeris good for filling/blurring pores, although honestly, I find that the NYX Pore Filler works just as good. I'm currently testing the OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL . I find that Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazelis a great foundation (the best imho) at holding back oil, although I think that BAREMINERALS - BarePRO™ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20is a close second. Both of these foundations work really well with the primer and setting powder that I mentioned. Texture is something that can be hard to hide, but you can definitely disguise it and minimize it with a good concealer. Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Natural Beigeis a good one, Maybelline Fit Me is a good one also. I recently incorporated applying The Ordinary Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil at night. Applying oil to oily skin sounds terrifying, and believe me, I would have never imagined it myself, but it's not a comedogenic oil, and it has done a lot to make my skin look healthier, and doesn't cause breakouts. I also can not emphasize enough how important it is to get a consistent good nights rest and consistently drink plenty of water for healthy skin. To prevent further breakouts, I would recommend seeing a dermatologist as there are some fantastic acne products out there. For over the counter, benzoyl peroxide would be really effective although it can be harsh if you use over 5% so be easy with that. Differin is now over the counter also, and is good also, but a prescription for something like Retin-A is probably the best, but again it depends upon if you have mild outbreaks or more severe. Sorry for rambling, but I hope it's helpful information! 🙂 

Re: Skincare for texture

Hey! 🙂

I can't really help with a great foundation as I am dry skin, so the exact opposite 😞 But, I have been using Origins Super Spot Remover™ Acne Treatment Gel with Salicylic Acid 0.3 oz/ 10 mLand it's been zapping any and all new acne that I've gotten. A great moisturizer is IT COSMETICS - Confidence in a Cream™ Transforming Moisturizing Super Cream and it's been helping even my skin tone by sooooo much!!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing