cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare by Concern!!!

Hiiii 😅

I have skin concerns with my recent routine change. I have oily, acne-prone skin that’s also sensitive and I’ve been struggling a lot in the past to find the products that wouldn’t clog my pores or trigger a flare up (that would last long).

So far, I’ve been introduced to the the ordinary products and have been using their products for a little over two months. I’m not too sure if I’m just purging or it’s triggering a bad reaction. It has gone down to my neck as well. 

My skincare routine:

Morning Routine:
1. Aveeno Salicylic acid cleanser
2. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Nighttime Routine:
1. Aveeno Salicyclic acid Cleanser
2. Salicylic Acid 2% anhydrous (Sun & Fri)/ Lactic Acid (Tues) (3x a week)
3. Marine Hyaluronics
4. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

I’m not too sure if I’m doing anything wrong. I appreciate any suggestions, recommendations, and advice 😊

Re: Skincare by Concern!!!

Hi @Raaae ! Have you seen a dermatologist or other medical doctor about your acne for a proper diagnosis? You could be purging. Or, you could have a skin condition different from (or in addition to) acne. A doctors the best person to determine that. Then they can help you figure out what other acne-fighting ingredients (if any) you should add to your routine besides salicylic acid. 

Two things missing from your morning routine are moisturizer and sunscreen. Even oily skin needs an AM moisturizer to prevent water loss throughout the day. Also, UV rays can worsen acne. Do you currently use sunscreen each day your skin’s exposed to sunlight (all year long, regardless of weather or season)? Some sunscreens contain good moisturizing ingredients (dimethicone, shea butter, etc.) and can be used on their own as a moisturizer. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing