Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Tools & Gadgets! Show, Tell and Ask

There are so many skincare tools and gadgets available that it can be overwhelming and hard to decide what is actually useful and which tool is more helpful to deal with a specific skin concern.

This is a place where you can

-Share what tools and gadgets you are using (or have used) and what you like/dislike about them.

-Ask questions about a tool you are thinking to invest into.

- Ask for the suggestions and help to choose a new gadget.

IMG_7815.PNG

I hope it wouldn't get lost in the sea of new threads 😁

Re: Skincare Tools & Gadgets! Show, Tell and Ask

Hi guys:) Is the $185 Dr Dennis Gross facial steamer really four times better than the $40 ones not on sephora that look like a Krasr facial steamer? I can see the difference with the ones that are obviously lesser quality, like PURE. You cant even see steam coming out of those ones in online videos. There were several super knowledgeable peeps in the old luxury skincare forum that must have a great opinion on facial steamers. @fatimamummy @Mochapj I think were regular contributors? I want to try out that Krasr type microdermabrasion device and steaming was considered an essential first step.

@AmethystCrush I don’t have the DDG one you mentioned but I know it got taken off the market for a while due to some not great reviews so I have to imagine they tweaked the design somehow. So, in and of itself, that tells me it probably wasn’t worth $180

i have a $40-50ish steamer from (I think) Conair and it does the job, but quite honestly, so does boiling a kettle of water and covering your head with a towel over a bowl.

given the space most steamers take up, unless it’s something you truly think you’d use 1-2x week, it’s probably not worth having the dedicated device.

Great thread idea @fatimamummy!

I no longer use a cleansing tool to wash my face (I still have my Foreo Luna) because I find that double cleansing has removed the need for that. I see virtually no difference. The Clarisonic made my skin a bit oilier in the long run, so when it broke after 3 years I didn't replace it. 

I have a Silk'N Revit which is a microdermabrasion device with a diamond tip and suction, unlike the pmd which blasts crystals. I only use this once in awhile to prevent overdoing it, and I always follow up with a mask (I like Tata Harper's Purifying mask for this). To date, I do like the results as it's helped me extract a few milia (which is what I got it for in the first place)

My last gadget is the Foreo Espada...I'm having hit or miss results with this, I had a cyst pop up on my cheek a few months ago and this didn't do anything to help. I had to wait until the cyst ran its course and finally went away on its own after 1 month. I think for *certain* types of breakouts it's effective!

@k617 I agree with you. I rarely ever use Clarisonic anymore and haven't even opened the Luna play. Double cleansing does a way better job for me as well. Although I do use PMD once a week and so far It's working great for me. 

Thank you for starting this thread @fatimamummy

I love using my Clarisonic and your picture reminded me I bought a PMD but never used it. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

@HookedOnBeauty2 I think you will love PMD . I'm using it for over a year now and I'm very happy with it. I started it as once in every two weeks and then gradually brought it up to weekly use. It is a really good tool and makes the skin very soft and smooth, helps the products absorb more nicely. Just avoid using any acid based products on the same day or a day before and after the treatment. You can follow it with a hydrating mask or simply a facial oil. Let me know if you have a particular question or concern and I'll try to reply you as best as I can.

Great info @fatimamummy - thank you. I have to it packed away somewhere, I'll have to dig it out one day.

Makeup Eraser 100%!!!!!!!! It's saved me so much money. Instead of wasting 50,000 makeup wipes trying to get one night's look off, I can have just one package for dire circumstances and use my ME 98% of the time. It's hand-washable and takes everything off. Everything! Eyeliner, lipstick, foundation, your crumbling dignity and sense of purpose in life! Takes it all off! 

I have been considering trying the ME for a while now and honestly you just sold me on it. I can not tell you how many wipes have failed to remove those last crumbles of dignity. It really is nice to know there is a product that works to remove it all! Seriously though I really will be buying the ME, your description and endorsement really got me. 

RE: Skincare Tools & Gadgets! Show, Tell and Ask

The only gadget I really swear by is the Foreo. I love it so much more than the clarisonic. The brush head on the clarisonic was too rough even using the sensitive skin one and I don't have that problem with the Foreo. The charge lasts for months and I don't have to keep buying brush heads and cleaning out underneath them.

Re: RE: Skincare Tools & Gadgets! Show, Tell and Ask

I have a Foreo play from a GWP but never got around using it @wycoco. As @k617 mentioned above, a cleansing device feels like an extra chore after double cleansing 😁 I know many people love Foreo due to the same reason as you(ie: being gentle)

has anyone ever tried a pore brush? I just found these while looking at some Chinese goods & k-beauty blogs, just wondering if they're worth using.Fashion-Soft-Mild-Fiber-Face-Deep-Cleansing-Mini-Wash-Pore-Facial-Care-Brush-Hot-Selling.jpg_640x640

oh neat, I just found out Boscia sells one in Sephora.

I have been using the Boscia pore brush for about a month now, and it has helped me to get an even distribution of cleanser across my face as well as a gentle massage. It feels nice and is quite soothing on the skin. While I can not say for sure that it has had a massive effect on my pore health, my skin in general has been pretty happy. Though part of why I bought it was to try to have more brushes and tools for caring for my skin so i could keep my grubby hands off of it in hopes of stepping up my care. I think that has made the bigger difference. 

Oh wow I haven't heard about these brushes before @berlingot I will check it in store if my store carries it.

My skin is not doing well right now. I shall stay tuned to this thread @fatimamummy. I hope this thread doesn't get lost as well -_-

I hope so too @jesscheems 😉

I am thinking to get myself DDG SpectraLite device. It isn't available in Canada so that is a whole other issue but I want to know if anyone has bought it and is using it? Can you please share your thoughts and experience ? Also other skincare junkies, what do you think of this technology? Is it worth trying?

https://www.sephora.com/product/spectralite-eyecare-pro-led-device-P418301?skuId=1944933

I had a Clarisonic Pro I bought a very long time ago. It was going strong uuntil I unplugged it recently and forgot to plug it back in. When I did plug it back in it wouldn't take a charge properly. It finally charged all they way but it still won't work now. It just won't oscillate anymore. I've read that you shouldn't leave it unplugged for long periods of time (after the fact of course) so I guess I just wanted to give everyone a heads up from my experience. That said I was extremely happy with it and I'm looking for a good deal to buy a new one soon. 

I don't know if QVC will have any deals on Clairsonic again but I bought two mia 2's around christmas time a couple years ago. They had the deal last year so I'm sure they will have it again. I use mine every couple days as my skin is kind of sensetive and too much exfoliation really just leads to more dry skin for me. I do love how my skin feels after I use it. 

Glitternoodle wrote:

I had a Clarisonic Pro I bought a very long time ago. It was going strong uuntil I unplugged it recently and forgot to plug it back in. When I did plug it back in it wouldn't take a charge properly. It finally charged all they way but it still won't work now. It just won't oscillate anymore. I've read that you shouldn't leave it unplugged for long periods of time (after the fact of course) so I guess I just wanted to give everyone a heads up from my experience. That said I was extremely happy with it and I'm looking for a good deal to buy a new one soon. 

Oh I'm so sorry you stopped working @Glitternoodle , I'm sure you will be able to find a good deal during holiday season.

Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 45 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_7815.PNG
  • Fashion-Soft-Mild-Fiber-Face-Deep-Cleansing-Mini-Wash-Pore-Facial-Care-Brush-Hot-Selling.jpg_640x640
testing