cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine

Hello!

My name is Emily and I am 19 years old. I’ve been wanting to start a full skincare routine but I’m unsure what I should be incorporating into my routine at my age. It is very overwhelming trying to find a product that fits my needs or where to even start. I’ve had a lot of issues with trying new products and they pill on my skin, especially sunscreen. 

I would consider my skin to be a combo of dry and oily in my T zone. I do not have any problems with acne or breakouts but I would consider my skin to be a little sensitive as I do get hives from some products. My main concerns are blackheads, uneven skin tone, and overall my skin just looks dull. 

I am a college student so I am trying to keep most products within the affordable range. As of right now my routine includes the following:

Morning

•wash face with warm water and no cleanser 

•Good Molecules Yerba Mate Wake Up Eye Gel

•The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Night

• Alba Botanica acne dote deep pore wash 

•The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

- I use this a few times a week

• I then use the eye gel and moisturizer from my morning routine 

If my skin is feeling dry after my shower then I will slug my face in Aveeno daily moisturizing cream and nothing else. I’m not sure if it’s ideal to be doing this. 

I am open to any suggestions for products or advice on things I should be doing differently. 

Thanks! 

Re: Skincare Routine

Hi @Emily210 and welcome to BIC!! 😊 I'm 28, but I remember that when I was younger I felt overwhelmed too with the amount of products that were out there on the market, so don't worry for that. Probably not washing your face in the morning (you said that you use just water) and the aveeno cream are not the best habits. You should use a cream that is specific for the face because, creams that are meant to be used on the body have a thicker consistency and you can clog your pores very easily. I suggest you to start using an exfoliator (you can find them in a cream version, or even like tools, sponges etc) for getting rid of dead skin cells and dirt. And, if your skin looks dull, maybe try to use a brightening serum, it will help your complexion. I'm not a dermatologist, so I suggest you to have an actual skin consultation with someone, and maybe, take a look at your local drugstore if they sell products on a budget. Let someone advice you on what's the best for you. Good luck 🍀

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing