Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I will tag you when I use the REN to remove makeup @Brutalitops. Lately I’ve been using sunscreen and that’s about it.  

Nice gratis! My skin does not like retinols, but Bakuchiol is a-ok. I’m a little envious of people who can use it!

@eshoeI was pretty concerned about using it around my eyes but it's been surprisingly gentle. And I'll wait for your review!

I had a similar reaction to ORIGINS - GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff as you seem to have had with the Trader Joe's.  My eyes were puffy and irritated in the morning as well. Ugh, hate it when that happens with a product! @eshoe Sorry it happened to you.

Thank you, @l8totheparty . Bummer, I love that Origins! I’ve used it for years (until I discovered the Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight, now I split time between the two). At least this is an inexpensive product, and I can use it on my neck to finish it.

You've got a lot of variety @eshoe. I'm thinking foam cleansers in general have made me a little too squeaky clean. It's fine sometimes but I don't think I could use them a bunch of days in a row. Sorry about the Trader Joe's eye cream. Have you used other products from the line and are they okay?

I’ve used a few of their products and couple of  masks (hydrating and the blueberry açaí one) @ShortErica. The later burned pretty bad after I over-exfoliated last month, but normally it just tingles. It’s not a terrible reaction, just runny eyes, which is really annoying.

Tonight's  PM routine

Skin feels: a bit red, annoyed at rain, hormonal breakouts a bit along chin

Weather: so wet, a little chilly

Thursdays are for brightening, extra hydrating mask and retinol

Spoiler

20200207_001150.jpg

@haleyvvvv do you have your skincare categorized according to day? 

At night, I try to, @eshoe. It helps me keep track of especially when I am tired.

Sundays - charcoal mask for a deep clean, retinol

Mondays - brightening mask, hydration mask, gentle AHA

Tuesdays - clarifying/restoring mask, retinol

Wednesday - peel (currently using AHA + BHA), hydration mask, sleep mask x2

Thursday - brightening mask, hydration mask, retinol

Fridays - clarifying/restoring mask, gentle AHA

Saturdays - firming mask, sleep mask x2

Sometimes I switch days depending on what my skin needs or add a hydration mask here or there, but this way I can space out and hopefully work up a tolerance slowly to exfoliators and retinols. I was using both everyday and just over-exfoliated my face.

I have my skincare- Mon/Wed/Fri evening exfoliation 

The other days with vitamin C .

But I should keep my schedule for pore refining/clarifying masks as well. I used to use them twice a week and my pores looked better and I need to get back to checking my schedule.  Thanks for the reminder! @haleyvvvv 

Thank you for sharing this @haleyvvvv. I really need to do this, I tend to over-exfoliate as well, because it’s so much more interesting than just hydrating masks🙄 This is inspiring!

Morning routine. Skin: chin/jawline breakouts.

OLEHENRIKSEN - The Clean Truth™ Foaming Cleanser

SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mL

THE ORDINARY -

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

HERBIVORE - Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum -almost done! I keep forgetting to use it.

SATURDAY SKIN - Wide Awake Brightening Eye Cream

SATURDAY SKIN - Waterfall Glacier Water Cream 

How is the Saturday Skin eye cream, @l8totheparty?

It is moisturizing and it probably has some reflective properties in it to make it 'brightening', but I have others that pretty much do the same thing. Worth a sample?

There is nothing bad about it.

@haleyvvvv 

Eh, brightening products just highlight my dark circles @l8totheparty. Good to know so now I won't need to get it. I think the only thing that would help is maybe more sleep, lol.

Sleep?!  Does Sephora sell that? @haleyvvvv 

😄😆

I had been up for 22 hours by the time I got to my hotel room and all I wanted to do was grab my PJs from my suitcase, wash up and get to bed. This was my skincare routine last night; or maybe it was technically the wee hours of the morning...8DEAFAD1-081E-4929-AF60-052875BC5808.jpeg

Skin Type: Dehydrated-dry

Current Skin Concerns: Even more dehydrated and even more dry with traveling. Also redness from the cold.

Weather: It’s cold up here and raining. (Not as cold as in other places in the states but it’s cold and really cold to me - I’m a wuss when it comes to cold weather)

Skincare Product

Spoiler

Oh wow @itsfi hopefully by now you’ve been allotted some time to catch up on your sleep😳

@eshoe, the long weekend helps to catch up on sleep. 😉 

So impressed you were able to do ANY skincare after 22 hours up, @itsfi. The Farmacy is so good when your skin just needs the extra protection. I usually use it on my hands, because they need it the most, but it's just so good at that extra boost!

@haleyvvvv, using the Farmacy on the hands is a brilliant idea - thank you!!! 😃 I’m going to try that; I’ve noticed my skin getting more dry over the last few weeks. 

3,074 Replies
testing