Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@missjeanie I also love the Estée night serum.  Ha, that egg is kinda ridiculous.  I think I would love it initially and then get annoyed at having to store it.  I’m thinking a full body mask or two would help with using it up if you’re getting super annoyed with it.  😉

The sheer size/shape of the egg is what's got me on a mission @heartsmyface .  I just might need to do a fully body mask in a few minutes here... great idea!

The egg is huge @missjeanie but oh so cute 😁

It’s super cute! I’m going to try using it as my ‘morning masking’ since it’s quicker to do when I prefer to sleep in lol. It just takes up so much shelf space @lmaster  otherwise I’d try to savour the used more!

Morning: dry air, stressed body, a few breakouts but otherwise fairly normal skin. Is this what normal skin is like? Or is this what normal-oily skin is like? I'm still trying to figure it out. 20200207_075442.jpg

Lol @l8totheparty . .. is this what normal skin is like! 

1 year into my skincare journey and I still don't have all the answers 🤷🏼‍♀️😄

@missjeanie 

My skin is normal to combination, depending on the days. This was my morning routine:

Simple moisturizing cleanser

AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Toner

Love this toner! Haven't tried anything else as it's my HG!

TATCHA - The Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream

I change eye creams from time to time. Not my HG but still a good one.

Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL

AMOREPACIFIC - The Essential Creme Fluid

Not my HG either, I switch moisturizers up but it's really nice and sinks into the skin quickly. Not heavy or too light, just perfect. 

That's kind of my typical routine unless I'm treating my skin for something specific 🙂 

Ok, you reminded me that I think I have an Amorepacific something or other that came with my essence. I must pull it out one of these days. @SnugglePuggle94 

What do you love so much about the toner?

I love that it helps my redness and the rest of my skincare apply better. Plus has great anti-aging benefits. LOVE! 

Wednesday night and yesterday morning. It’s been cold and my skin is a little dry as a result.BA2CE62F-756A-4158-BA8D-19BF8701DD7B.jpeg

My skin needed this combo-it was looking pretty dull. This would have been a great morning masking combo but it was my first time trying the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx™ Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mLso I was playing it safe. I like the Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Deep Clean Foaming Face Wash 7.7 oz/ 230 ml but think it’s a little too drying for my skin. I suspect the Trader Joe’s eye cream is irritating my eyes; they tear up and burn a little after application. 
39E5EA7E-CF8D-4980-A346-71C7EC552853.jpeg

The REN CLEAN SKINCARE - Perfect Canvas Clean Jelly Oil Cleanseris a perfect match. 💗💗💗. I ended up wearing the COOLA - Mineral Face Matte Tint Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30 but didn’t include it in the picture. Also just noticed the bottom photo is slighted tilted and I apologize to anyone it is bothering as much as it is me😆

@eshoe my eyes keep gravitating to the Rodial Glow Tonic.  I just looked it up and it sounds like a really nice product.  Would love to hear your thoughts!

@averylayne I’ve used it a couple of times now, always with another brightening product, and my skin definitely appears more ‘awake.’ I am excited see the difference after long-term use, as I am impressed with it already.

@eshoe good to know! I will have to follow that brand more closely.  I've been wanting to try their stuff but just need to get through some of the products I already have first 😅

I hear ya @averylayne! I wanted something a little more robust to bring some life to my skin during the drier months. I like the dispenser, too:28D7A0F1-1C64-4D21-A3D0-E0FBDB7655AB.jpeg

@eshoe love the no-mess with those dispensers! Glossier solution has a similar one and it makes such a difference!

Lol how did you like the PTR peeling gel @eshoe ? The SPF tint... do you like it??

I’ve only used the PTR this once, @missjeanie and it lived up to my expectations 😄 My skin has been a little dull so now I’m slowly reintroducing exfoliants. This was a great start!

@eshoehave you tried the Ren Jelly Oil cleanser yet? For whatever reason it caught my eye and I've been looking for a good review- thinking of replacing my tatcha oil cleanser with something new when it runs out. It sucks about the Trader Joe's cream, I had the same with sunday riley's eye cream- not a good time

The Ren I have in the photo, @Brutalitops? Yes and I LOVE it. I’ve stopped myself from buying it at least three times (maybe more) because I am trying to maintain a low buy and I don’t need it right now. It’s incredibly gentle on my normal/dry skin. Has a subtle fresh scent, rinses off easily, there’s nothing I can say bad about it so far (I’ve used it around 5-6 times). 

That being said, I haven’t used it to replace my oil cleanser, though I suppose you could. The consistency coming out of the tube looks like antibacterial ointment, but it glides in smoothly and washes off without much effort.

Sorry about the SR eye cream. Were you able to pinpoint a specific ingredient? I’m trying the Trader Joe’s again tonight; if it continues to be bothersome, it will be relegated to neck cream. 

@eshoe I’m mostly looking for a good makeup buster from the REN 🤷‍♀️ And no, I think it’s just actives that were too strong for that delicate area. I’ve been getting through my Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mL I got as gratis (which is amazing) so I think I’ll give it another try afterwards. If it still sucks after that oh well, it’s just a handful of foils- I’ll toss them

3,074 Replies
testing