Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

7A198BBF-04D3-4B02-BE70-8F98FFC155EB.jpeg

Haven’t shared in a while. Flu and then forgot to take pics of my routine. Quick routine this AM. Still searching for a good vitamin c serum that helps with hyperpigmentation. My skin hates drunk elephant so that’s out. Using up my dr Dennis gross one and thinks it’s just ok. The smell is yucky. Most likely I will get paulas choice serum. 

Hope you're feeling better, @jen81! And I hope your search for a vitamin c serum goes well! I've only really tried the OLEHENRIKSEN truth serum, but I'm not sure how it would be for hyperpigmentation.

I love gwp sizes for testing out different products to find one I like- I've done that with eye creams. Good luck in your vitamin C quest! @jen81 

Ugh so sorry you had the flu, @jen81 😞 Hope you are feeling back to yourself soon! Very nice array of products, those FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads are so good:)

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

What are your thoughts on the Sunday Riley moisturizer! I’ve wanted to try it for a while!

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@mazzkm It’s a nice gel type moisturizer. It does have a distinctive scent but it fades quickly. It is supposed to help with pigmentation and contains 2% alpha arbutin. 

@jen81, have you tried any of these Vitamin C products? 
Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL

Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Eminence Rosehip Triple C + E Firming Oil (pricey but very nice when my skin is particularly dry)

@itsfi I used a deluxe sample of the farmacy and it was very nice. Not sure if it did anything for hyperpigmentation though but my skin liked it. Sunday riley is really nice and I’m working through a deluxe size, but it’s very pricey and I’m not sure it made much of a difference in hyperpigmentation. So there are some that my skin likes I just have to decide which one to stick with for a bit to see if a difference is noteable. 

@jen81, not a vitamin C product, but The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Hyperpigmentation Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL or Eminence Licorice Root booster have worked well for me for reducing hyperpigmentation.  The Ordinary Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2% 1 oz/ 30 mLlooks like an interesting combination. I have a few vitamin c products I want to get through but that one sounds interesting. There's less vitamin C than in the products you previously used but I'm wondering if the combination with the alpha arbutin might help with hyperpigmentation.

@itsfi  Definitely ones I have considered. I also want to try the The INKEY List Tranexamic Acid Hyperpigmentation Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL. Alpha arbutin, tranexamic acid are supposed to help

That one is on my list too @jen81

Yesterday morning’s lineup- I used it in two parts. Used the first set and then after about 30 min applied Vit-C and oil+Lala mix

yesterday night : Skipped 😳

69690A9D-D7E1-419E-BBE7-AA24BF45D6D8.jpeg

Yep skipped the whole routine a few times lately, @naturalooks15. You’ve taken such great care of your skin on a regular basis that a few days here and there won’t even be noticed.

yay for Kleenex! 

@naturalooks15 Ahhh, yeah we all have those nights.  Consistency overall is more important than being perfect.  I have to remind myself that whenever I miss a skincare session and am feeling guilty.   

@naturalooks15, we all have those nights!

Your 2-part AM routine looks amazing though! 💗💕

@naturalooks15 how do you like the klairs? I've been interested in exploring them as a brand !

Oh my goodness!  The History of Whoo skincare line is divine!! My skin feels soooo gooood  firm and bouncy after using this gift set.  I’m regretting not trying this out sooner!!    I wouldn’t have known which order to put al of this on in had the lady at the makeup counter not put little stickers on everything explaining what to do.  :D.  I really appreciate that!  

A1AAAFB7-3434-46E7-AA08-0592C07C7C73.jpeg

Wow that kit, @heartsmyface! 🤩 It looks amazing and I'm glad you're enjoying it!!

This sounds so lux! @heartsmyface I'm glad to hear you love it after buying the whole set.

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Wow!! That set really looks luxurious and gorgeous!!! So glad that it worked for you !!
3,074 Replies
testing