Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

⭐ Challenge yourself: post your skincare routine everyday for a week. It is a nice visual check-in on your routine.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

ETA:   keep forgetting to add skin type and weather info. 
dehydrated combo skin. Cold dry weather (some rain but still dry weather overall)

Yesterday night: I still buffer the retinol with Lala (I.e. apply hydration serums and then mix Lala+retinol, apply this mix, top it with squalane oil then final thick layer of F-Balm.

Today morning: twice since it was a workout day. Morning snail essence mixed with herbivore oil.

after shower was my usual routine, in the pick below.

Sat night routineSat night routine

Sun morning after showerSun morning after shower

Yesterday AM and PM. Normal and normal.5BBB856D-6543-46B1-A5A7-6EC3891E2E2E.jpeg

It was a lazy (though very early) morning and I spent the day spring cleaning so I wanted a little something to make the senses happy before bombarding them with dust and cleaning products.31280CBF-F715-45ED-AEFD-8347D6E9971F.jpeg

The foot mask was a ❤️🔥❤️. The blurred bottle is Consonant, wow do not drop the iPhone 11. 

That is a pretty morning skincare setup with the baby pinks and yellow.  💗💛💗

How did/do you find the Volition Strawberry Serum? My tester was so thick I couldn't finish it and tossed it.

@eshoe 

The serum is pleasant to use, @l8totheparty although I don’t notice a difference in my skin due to it. But no irritation so that’s a plus!

Last night's skincare. Skin is normal. SK-II essence is in the spray bottleSK-II essence is in the spray bottle

Spoiler
Balm, then micellar water. SK-II essence, then serums, followed by the snoxin-II on crow's feet and other areas of wrinkle. ALGENIST - GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief in a bit of a thicker layer. The moisturizing properties sunk right in, but it left the occlusive barrier feel from the dimethicone- feels slightly greasy even the next morning. My skin looks calm (but my skin isn't irritated to begin with). However, upon washing it off my skin feels soft. If you like the feel of Laneige sleeping masks and other barrier-type moisturizers, you will like the feel and finish of this one. If total absorption of your product is what you like, you won't enjoy the finish of this (due to the barrier feel it produces). No scent, smooth feel. 

Yesterday morning routine. 20200126_013936.jpg

The ALGENIST - GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief played nice over the serums. It soaked in and left my skin feeling smooth after a while (probably the dimethicone in it). I had put a very thin amount on, just to see what would happen. I think makeup would sit nice overtop.  Skin seemed calm (but my skin isn't bothered now anyway). 

Last night’s routine: 

PM routine, Jan. 25: retinol night; using up that cleanser; a little masking TLC.PM routine, Jan. 25: retinol night; using up that cleanser; a little masking TLC.

Details: 

Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser. I think this bottle’s almost empty... maybe just a couple uses left, and then I can drop it in my empties bag. Smiley Happy 

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Retinol: The Inkey List Retinol. Tonight I remembered I have a few travel sizes of Paula’s Choice retinol serum I got as GWP on a few orders, plus a sample of Drunk Elephant A-Passioni. I’ve never used either of those serums. I might try one within the next week or 2. 

Mask: OOZOO Bear Water Bang Hydrating Mask. My face always feels better after I use this mask: very cool, refreshed, and hydrated. The only thing I don’t like about OOZOO masks in general is how heavily (to me) fragranced they are. Even though fragrance is the last ingredient listed, it’s in both the mask and the ampoule. 

Spot treatment: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel, applied only to acne. Herbivore Emerald CBD oil applied to my undereyes and any inflamed or irritated areas, like the angry little patch of skin that’s now healing up nicely. 

Moisturizer: my beloved YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. I think it’s almost time to refill that airless vacuum pump jar. 

Lip care: Aquaphor Ointment, topped with Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. 

26B0B3FF-2947-43A7-B5D9-62CE6E312CC1.jpeg

Tonight’s routine- quick with ahas and retinol. 

@jen81 @Nice lineup!!   What’s that Vichy product?  I love everything I’ve tried from Vichy!   

@heartsmyface It’s the mineral 89 serum, which is a moisturizing serum. 

It’s face peel night. Normally I use the OH LemonStrip  Flash peel but I just got this sample of the Herbivore Prism Glow facial so am going with that.   It has an almost rosy scent.  Doesn’t burn on.  I only left it on for six minutes because people’s reviews stated it’s harsh.  I didn’t find it harsh at all so I added the FAB resurfacing liquid afterward to ‘finish the job’.  No side effects so next time I’ll do the full ten minutes.  I forgot to include the Glow recipe avocado eye cream but that got used as wellSmiley Happy.

196DF02A-6898-4B33-B9AF-3A83D55493C5.jpeg

Last night’s routine: 

PM routine, Jan 24: second test of Algenist gratis from Sephora.PM routine, Jan 24: second test of Algenist gratis from Sephora.

Details: 

Spoiler
Makeup removal: Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover + a reusable bamboo cotton round. 

Wash: Paula’s Choice Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser, because now I’m trying to finish this travel size. 

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol eye serum on my whole face as an antioxidant serum, followed by Algenist Genius Collagen Calming Relief (gratis from Sephora). The thickness of Calming Relief takes some getting used to, for me anyway. It’s kinda like applying a L’Occitaine shea butter hand cream on my face. I let it soak in for 2-3 minutes, then sprayed the YTTP Adaptogen mist over it. 

Moisturizer: a very thin layer of my beloved YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

Lip care: Aquaphor Ointment, topped with Laneige. 

I haven’t been posting my AM routine because it doesn’t vary much: occasional lip scrub, wash with Paula’s Choice Hydralight, tone/hydrate with e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence, apply Farmacy Very Cherry Bright as vitamin C + hyaluronic acid serum, BHA spot treat if needed, moisturize with Herbivore Emerald CBD oil + YTTP Superfood Moisturizer, treat lips with Glossier Bubblewrap + Aquaphor (+ Supergoop Acai Fusion lip balm, if I remember), protect entire eye area with Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen, and apply Supergoop or a different sunscreen to the rest of my face. 

Tonight’s skincare

C3BB4FB6-7CC4-4A19-AAC0-D4A4956743A2.jpeg

I quite like the Green Clean, @faeriegirl . I haven't tried any of those Drunk Elephant though!  

Today's morning routine

IMG_20200125_145027298.jpg

No sunscreen since I'm not actually leaving the house until after dark lol

Mad Hippie cleanser

TCFS Mastic toner

Mad Hippie Hydrating Mist

Niacinamide serum

Tonymoly sheet mask + Rodial eye gels

Origins eye cream

I felt moisturized enough that I skipped my moisturizer + oil combo, and just went straight for Primerizer + Becca Glow Serum

ooh, I was going to get that olive mask when I came across it on clearance, but then it sold out. Smiley Sad  been interested in the mastic line too...

@RGbrown   Night owl eh?  I’m super interested in that becca glow elixir.  Is it pearlescent like the farsali unicorn drops or the shiseido tysua skin? 

@heartsmyface 

Night owl, or hermit vampire, either one works 😂

I haven't used either of those, so I can't compare directly, but it's not really shimmery at all. It looks like it would be, but once smoothed out, it just gives a bit of sheen, no real shimmer. Being oily, I could probably skip it altogether since my natural sheen kicks in pretty quickly, but I got it in a gwp and I've enjoyed using it (it smells good, if nothing else lol...cucumber scented).

Hi @RGbrown,

I used that mask this week too! So hydrating. Thanks for sharing! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT 

It's a nice one! Thanks! 

Last night's skincare:20200125_031952.jpg

2,074 Replies
Photos408
  • My reusable “cotton” rounds: L = bamboo terrycloth; R = bamboo velour
  • 20200118_005115.jpg
  • 20200117_234214.jpg