Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

My PM Routine from yesterday - trying to keep it super simple as I incorporate a bit of retinol into my routine.  Just once weekly for now so I can see if there is any irritation but I think in the long run I'll end up adding some step in to account for post shower vs pre-bed time.

IMG_20200701_104530.jpg

Looks so nice! Always want to try that Pyunkang Yul (one day) when I’m not already drowning in skincare! @meou 

it's a great mist to have on hand if you just want a refresher - I actually pour some into a smaller spray bottle and throw it in my purse 😂

But I totally get it I've been wanting to try to Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL but am refraining until this one is done 

I also have that Glow Recipe mist in my skincare inventory,  But since the jurlique Pre-dates it, I am waiting! @meou 

Using up products before buying the next is my constant test of self constraint

Move over, maskne! 

Maskne PM.jpeg

I’ve been dealing with irritated skin and breakouts from wearing a mask, but seem to have better control of it now, with this PM routine. 

Spoiler
Pre-cleanse: Before starting my double cleanse, I usually use Bioderma Sensibio H2O Soothing Micellar Cleansing Water (not pictured) to remove my eye makeup and break up the sunblock; this one is gentle enough to not dry out my skin. 

Double Cleanse: One of my current double cleanse duos involves two Neogen cleansers, one that I've been using for years and another that I started using a month or so ago. Neogen Dermalogy Real Cica Micellar Cleansing Oil is a very thin, light, oil-based cleanser (the thinnest I've ever used) that is emollient without being greasy, gently but effectively removes my makeup and sunblock, without leaving my skin tight or tacky. I follow it up with Neogen Dermalogy Real Fresh Foam Green Tea, a non-irritating, non-drying cleansing foam that is a tried-and-true water-based second cleanser for me.  

Exfoliate: The oilier parts of my skin respond quite well to BHA's in my routine when the weather warms up and especially since wearing a mask on a near daily basis. I rotate through a few exfoliating products a few times per week, usually Tuesdays and Saturdays and sometimes on Thursdays as well, depending on which area of my face really needs the T.L.C., and I occasionally end up using multiple BHAs in the same cleansing routine. 

For me, a multiple BHA cleansing routine starts with the new Sephora Clarifying Peel Pads - these are very gentle and I like using these pads along and under my jawline and down neck as well as quickly across my cheeks, all areas of which are extra sensitive. I've used and like Sephora’s AHA-based glow pads and was happy to see that the brand introduced this one into its clean lineup. I received a jar of these as part of a gratis package in mid-June and have been using them since. 

Then, it's Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, which I concentrate only on the lower half of my T-zone (around my nose, the area above my upper lip, chin and to parts of my jawline that may be particularly clogged). This 2% BHA has a cult following and I now see why. It’s worked very well in the areas where I use it, especially around my nose. Finally, Paula's Choice BHA 9 is my go-to for spot treating a couple of deeper acne spots that are the result of periodic breakouts as well as maskne. I'm mentioning it here even though I tend to use it at the end of my evening routine. I've heard and read that this BHA 9 is very gentle despite have a much higher concentration of salicylic acid and I can now say from experience that that is very much true. 

Serum: I use Mizon All-In-One Snail Repair Cream as a hydrating serum as it's not hydrating enough for me on its own. it's also works very well for me in treating blemishes and is a product I reach for and re-incorporate into my routine whenever I need to get my skin back in shape.

Moisturize: CosRx Full Fit Propolis Light Cream is a soft, lightweight gel-cream that feels soothing, refreshing and nourishing on the skin, which I imagine is due to the propolis, royal jelly and honey extracts in this moisturizer. The Mizon isn't moisturizing enough for me in the evenings, so I apply a light layer before my eye cream and neck cream.

Eye Cream:  I have 2 jars of the Sephora Clean Brightening Eye Cream, both of which I received as gratis. It has a lighter texture, applies smoothly, and has been good when my allergies act up, helping to depuff my undereye area a little overnight. I don't notice any of the brightening effects it claims, but I do find the eye cream to be nicely hydrating. 

Neck CreamStriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream PLUS (not pictured) was recommended to me by @SportyGirly125 - thank you! 😃 It’s a slightly thick cream, but it goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly and easily, and is not greasy. 

Lip Care: While I'm waiting for the Paula's Choice 2% BHA to absorb into my skin, I reach for the KNC Beauty Supa Scrub, and follow up with the KNC Beauty Supa Balm for super soft and moisturized lips. The granules in the scrub are medium sized - not so finely mileld nor too thick and tastes sugary sweet as they exfoliate the pout. It comes with a lip shaped scrubber for some extra exfoliation should you want or need it. The balm comes in two flavors - rose and mint; this rose version has a soft rose scent that's very nice. There's also a mint version that I'm interested in giving a try at some point.

Tags:

Mask wearing has been messing with my skin too. Ugh. Glad it’s calming down! @itsfi 

Ugh is right @sister13! But I’m glad that it’s calmed down now. My skin certainly keeps me on my toes. 😉 Have you found a product that’s worked really well for your skin?

This sounds like an amazing routine, so glad its working for you, @itsfi!! Those Neogen cleansers sound amazing!!

@haleyvvvv, I’ve loved the Neogen green tea cleanser for the longest time. 💚 The cleansing oil is new and a real treat. Love how it cleaned my skin and is so thin and light.

@itsfi So glad you love the neck cream 

Thanks for the recommendation @SportyGirly125! 😃

Lost my whole post and I’m mad about it, dang it. 🤬🤬🤬. Here’s the extremely short version!

Dry climate, combo skin
Usually use an acid or retinol about every other or every third night

Stopped using the GrandeRepair on my lashes, it was irritating my eye, just use that on brows now, but GrandeLash is still okay on eyes

Finished the amazing May Lindstrom Jasmine Garden mist, Herbivore is okay but not amazing

Have a great weekend!

PM ROUTINES

5B1363AC-751D-4A4B-9E30-F5E3581DE4D7.jpeg1639A1AA-EEA7-440A-8CEA-244B1790CD99.jpeg28B7D2CB-BBE8-42FE-A9CB-6F504451DB3E.jpeg

AM ROUTINES

That TO squalane cleanser looks good @sister13! 😍

I LOVE and highly recommend The Ordinary Squalene! I’ve bought it a few times now. It’s like $7.90 and so I don’t feel like I have to hoard it (like Eve Lom and some others). It’s very smooth and dissolves eye makeup easily and rinses off clean and easy. @itsfi 

I'm sorry your pictures aren't getting posted, @sister13!! Super frustrating!! You routine looks great!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv, it is Super annoying, I don’t know what’s going on! 💛💛💛

Won’t post my AM pics for some reason, will have to try again another day! GRRR!

Grrr!!! That’s so frustrating. Sorry you’re experiencing this @sister13

I've been meaning to come back to this thread for a while now, and finally remembered to grab a pic last night!

Skin: oily, sometimes dehydrated but also congestion-prone. 90+ and humid as heck lately. I tend to forget about a morning routine unless I'm going out (and I rarely go out, especially now), so allllll of my actives get smooshed into my night routine. 

IMG_20200709_012900309.jpg

1. DHC Cleansing Powder

2. Omorovicza Ultramoor Mud Mask

3. CosRX AHA/BHA toner

4. Kitao Matcha & Chia Essence

5. Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA (unmarked bottle)

6. Awake Beauty Glow Pill Serum (niacinamide)

7. Kate Somerville Retinol

8. Exuviance Vitamin C (half capsule) + Valjean Ferulic&E

9. Kate Somerville Retinol Eye Cream

10. Clinique Drama Gel + (oops, forgot to include in the pic) Clarins Lotus Oil

And the Sephora BHA peel pads (gratis), just on my chest.

Overall, I think my skin is in the best shape it's been in a while. Niacinamide was missing from my routine for a while (the ELF Hydrating Essence is oos every time I want to buy it, grrr), but picking up the Awake Beauty serum made a huge difference in my congestion recently. ❤️ I also rotate through 4% and 9% BHA occasionally, and that helps as well. 

The Kate Somerville retinol is amazing!! Great routine, @RGbrown!!

3,074 Replies
testing