Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Updated PM routine. I am obsessed with the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL ❤️🍉E9255D84-980C-44AB-B627-32D59D562C64.jpeg

Lovely items! 💗💗 @faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl, how often do you use the Glow Recipe Toner?

I have been using it every night @itsfi

The Herbivoire bakuchiol 😭 so sad they discontinued it. Missed an opportunity to try it out.  How do you like it?

I love it @meou. I am so sad they discontinued it. I hope I can find another that works as well🤞

Skin type: combo-oily skin that's acne prone and with hyperpigmentation

IMG_5440.JPG

MORNING ROUTINE

1. ⁠CeraVe Foaming/Hydrating Cleanser. Depends on how my skin is feeling.

2. ⁠Purito Centella Green Level Calming Toner.

3. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL 

4. The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL (fall, winter and spring) and First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Oil-Free Mattifying Gel Moisturizer (summer).

5. Purito Centella Green Level Unscented Sun SPF 50+ PA ++++

To reapply sunscreen throughout the day I use Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 45 Sunscreen 0.12 oz/ 3.4 g 

I have 2 different night routines depending of if I want to target acne or hyperpigmentation.

NIGHT ROUTINE A

1. (Not in the picture) The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL 

2. CeraVe Foaming Cleanser.

3. Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid exfoliant.

4. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 2 oz/ 60 mL.

5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration  or CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

6. The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL as spot treatment.

NIGHT ROUTINE B

1. (Not in the picture) The INKEY List Oat Cleansing Balm.

2. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.

3. Purito Centella Green Level Calming Toner.

4. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 2 oz/ 60 mL.

5. The INKEY List Tranexamic Acid Hyperpigmentation Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL 

6. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration or CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion.

7. CosRX Centella Blemish Cream as spot treatment.

Face masks I use once a week 

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL 

GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment  I use this one only on my T-zone.

CosRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask.

I used the The INKEY List Brighten-i™ Dark Circle Brightening Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL for about 2 months and didn't really see any difference so I have stopped using it.

Changes I'm planning to make:

I'm planning on switching my cleansers for the Krave Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser for mornings and The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Acne + Pore Cleanser to use at night. not because I have any problems with the CeraVe ones, they're good, I just want something new.

I've heard great things about First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream so I'll get that one once I finish with their Oil Free Mattifying Gel Moisturizer which I find okay.

@Paty7904, I’ve heard good things about The Inkey List Tranexamic Acid treatment for helping with discoloration and hyperpigmentation. I just placed an order the other day for the Krave cleanser - it’s been on my list for a while; excited to give it a try.

Ooo I just purchased the Purito sunscreen @Paty7904. And I've heard good things about The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL but it has been out of stock online a while.

😍I love the customization of your routine! How is the Cosrx Centella blemish balm? It was on my to buy list but sold out when I tried. 

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

The Herbivore Coconut Rose was not inspiring me, so I brought out this Jurlique LE mist, and I’m obsessed with it. It’s so refreshing and soothing and has a lovely fine mist. The rest has all been relatively standard, though I e been remembering to rotate the SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL (along with Juno) from time to time. (Okay, photos still not posting for me, maybe I’ll try posting from my phone?)

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Yesss, UFO oil @sister13. It is so nice as a spit treatment!!

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@sister13, the Jurlique mist sounds refreshing! 💜 The packaging for this LE one is very pretty too! 

skin type: combo/acne-prone

AM:

ZO Skin Health Gentle Cleanser or Dr. Barbara Sturm Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

ZO Skin Health Complexion Pads (AHA)

Dr. Barbara Sturm Clarifying Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

(ZO Skin Health Rozatrol)

ZO Skin Health Brightalive (Vitamin C)

Dr. Barbara Sturm Clarifying Face Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

PM:

Dr. Barbara Sturm Enzyme Cleanser 2.6 oz/ 75 g 

ZO Skin Health Complexion Pads (AHA)

Dr. Barbara Sturm Clarifying Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Dr. Barbara Sturm Anti-Pollution Drops 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Dr. Barbara Sturm Clarifying Face Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

IMG_0296.jpg

Beautiful routines @lolllgan! ♥️

thank you! i love barbara sturm, and it's working for me xx

Skincare Routine of the Day

My AM routine and my PM routine for the moment. Nothing too exciting. This has been working well for my super sensitive, dry and sometimes reddish skin. I will throw in different hydrating masks here and there depending on how badly my skin needs it.

Ooh, a lot of faves in there, @ladyassassin!! Honey potion is the best and the fresh night moisturizer is amazing. Great line up!!

@ladyassassin, Farmacy Honey Potion 🍯 is a wonderful mask! 😍

How do you like the Biossance Eye Cream? I've been debating adding one into my routine and that one has a sample haha 

Yeah, I received the sample and wanted to give it a try. I love eye creams. I have only used this the last three nights, but I have noticed my under eyes seem brighter in the morning. I have genetic dark circles and puffiness (thanks mom) so anything that helps with that I'm in. The sample is tiny, but you only need a little bit so it may last long enough to determine if I need to purchase. So far so good.

3,074 Replies
testing