Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

⭐ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

This morning’s routine was a bit unusual: I finally tested one of the Frudia toners. 

Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.
Notes: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Toner. Since I love the Frudia pom sheet mask, I bought the toner when I recently saw it at a TJ Maxx. It’s lightly scented with a pleasant pom-like fragrance that doesn’t trigger a sneezing fit. Its texture reminds me a lot of the pom sheet mask serum and it was easy to spread on my face. It sunk into my skin faster than I expected and left it feeling lightly moisturized. And it played nice with everything I applied over it. I like it! But I’ll need to use it a few more times before passing final judgment. 

Lip care: Glossier Bubblewrap, which I use each morning as a lip serum. I always give it time to sink into my lips before topping it with Aquaphor. This morning I remembered to use my sunscreen lip balm, Supergoop Acai Fusion SPF 30. Yes, that’s 3 lip products. Smiley Very Happy My dry lips need them. 

Serums: NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. Since I didn’t use e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence (my usual main source of daily niacinamide), I mixed Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster with Farmacy Very Cherry Bright vitamin C serum and applied the mixture everywhere except my lids and brow bones. I gave that a few minutes to sink into my skin before spritzing YTTP Adaptogen Mist everywhere as a pre-moisturizer hydrating serum. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood moisturizer. 

Sunscreen: Dr. Dennis Gross Sheer Mineral Sun Spray. I have finally found my perfect mineral sunscreen! It’s super easy to apply to my face (just spray into hands first) and blend out. It’s completely invisible: zero white cast on my deep skin tone. It feels greasy at first but settles into kind of a natural, slightly radiant finish, and it doesn’t gunk up my beloved Chikuhodo Z-4 during blush application. Best of all, I can use it all around my eyes with no irritation! Gonna stock up on this stuff. 

I’m told there’s a cheaper version of this sunscreen, using the same spray mechanism, made by a different company. I’ll try to track that down and see how similar the ingredients are. I also need to find out if there’s a travel or DS size of the DDG sunscreen, because the FS bottle’s too big for my carry-on and I never check bags at airports unless absolutely necessary. 
Last night I noticed flaking in my oily zone. That’s either a bad reaction to something or a dehydration SOS. I curated this PM routine to cover both bases, despite it being a retinol night. Omitted my planned AHA exfoliation last night so as not to worsen the flaking. 

Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.
Details:
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Sephora Dragonfruit Lip Scrub, used as an exfoliating lip mask and wiped off after I removed the sheet mask. Later I applied Aquaphor, which I topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. 

Serums: The Inkey List Retinol on my whole face (excluding eyelids and brow bones). NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. 

Masks: Farmskin Superfood Salad Green Tea Soothing Mask to hydrate and calm my skin. At the end of this routine, I applied Laneige Cica Sleeping Mask (received as gratis from Sephora) for an additional dose of skin soothing and a moisturization boost. 

Spot treatment: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel, applied only to acne areas. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 
While I’m at it, here’s last Saturday night’s routine, featuring a new-to-me product and my favorite sheet mask. 

I do want to use up that PC retinol DS, just so I can reuse the airless pump bottle with a different product for travel purposes.I do want to use up that PC retinol DS, just so I can reuse the airless pump bottle with a different product for travel purposes.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence.  

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. 

Exfoliant: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution, applied only to my jawline and oily zone. 

Serums: Finally tried Paula’s Choice RESIST Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum, having finished my second tube of The Inkey List Retinol. I opened my DS of the Paula’s Choice retinol knowing it’s just 0.1% strength. (By comparison, The Inkey List claims their retinol serum is 1% retinol + 0.5% granactive (HPR) retinoid.) The PC retinol serum is a silky oily texture that’s easy to overapply if you’re used to thicker retinol serums. It felt greasy all over my face—including all my dry zones—for the 10 minutes I gave it to sink in. I’m not crazy about the greasiness, but this serum played nice with everything I applied over it, and my face wasn’t an oil slick the next morning. But it’s not something I’d use instead of TIL Retinol. 

After that retinol serum, I applied NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. 

Mask: The OOZOO Water-Bang Hydrating Mask. When it comes to hydration, no sheet mask beats this one as far as my skin’s concerned. I keep my mask bin well stocked with Water-Bang. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

Oohhh @WinglessOne I have a purple frudia toner and it smells so good!!!

Oh that’s encouraging about the Frudia, @WinglessOne! Also, three lip products, pshh. Sounds perfect to me😄

@WinglessOne Congrats on finding the perfect sunscreen!!

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Today’s routine for face and body

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

That coffee scrub is the best!! @idanyd 

RE: Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Yessss!!!!! It’s so nice but not harsh!! @lmaster I’ve recently seen one in ulta from another brand that’s supposed to be creme brûlée’s and another that’s mint! Very tempted to try them! Stay healthy and safe friend!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Oohhhhhh that sounds so good!! @idanyd you too!! I'm thinking of each and every one!! 🙏

@idanyd love ahava products...such an underrated brand!

Yes!! I agree! Love this moisturizer and best it doesn’t leave my skin sticky @averylayne

Re: RE: Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

@eshoe @idanyd their face masks are really nice too!

💖 their Mineral Foot Cream @averylayne @idanyd !

Oooh, I really like the coffee scrub (except it goes everywhere). Nice line up, @idanyd!!

Thank you so much 😊 @haleyvvvv

Today was face overhaul day.  I redid my brows, dermaplaned, did a pore strip on my nose and chin, a face peel... yep, it was a lot.  Smooth and slightly pink skin today so I’ll be babying it with Juno oil and glam glow eye cream.  Nothing extravagant tonight.  

I saw how beautiful your skin is @heartsmyface 👏👍

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

DE and 🧡💖💛💚💙

The DE Jelly Cleanser is one of my favorites! <333

@PenelopeBT I've always heard such good things about that cleanser and protini moisturizer...def as good as they say!

Oooh looks like you gave yourself some spectacular skin 💗 @averylayne, excellent choices!

@eshoeIt was a fun self care night!

2,341 Replies