Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@l8totheparty 

I have a love-hate relationship with it lol. I hate most floral scents, and to me, this smells like a whole dang church full of dead flowers. Gag. I find it strong, but it dissipates pretty quickly, and I've gotten used to it enough that I can tolerate it. (and lots of reviews call it "light" and "fresh", so maybe I'm just overly critical of florals?) It's a REALLY nice product though, which is why I put up with the scent. It plays very well with everything else I've ever put on top of it.

"Mist" is misnomer in the name though...the spray is more like a fire hose; plan to spray it in your hand and apply like an essence. Ulta's site says "new improved mister", but I'm not sure when they added that. Mine is definitely not one of them, but I don't think that was on the description when I bought this last year anyways.

I'm torn on rebuying...I probably won't immediately, but might consider getting it again with a good deal. I like some sort of antioxidant under my sunscreen, but I've got some other stuff in this category to use up once this one is done, so I won't really need it immediately anyways.

Thanks, @RGbrown . I have quite a few antioxidants, but I might add this to my 'future purchases ' list. 

@RGbrown how are you liking the SMASHBOX - Mindful 5 Nourishing Primer Serum

@lmaster 

I'm not sure I've fully formulated my thoughts on this yet. I wear makeup so little that I've only used it 3-4 times so far. (I'm also prone to forget it because it's too tall to fit on my daytime skincare shelf, and it won't fit in my "makeup basics" bowl either, so it just sits off to the side on my counter.)

Stinkiness aside, I don't hate it, but I haven't figured out if it does anything for me; I know I'm not getting any long term benefits from it since I use it so infrequently, and I am having a hard time telling if it does anything for me just from a primer standpoint either. I kinda want to do half face test, half with it and half without, just to see if it really holds everything in place better or longer, but I haven't remembered to do that yet.

@RGbrown I'm getting used to the scent,, and it's actually smelling somewhat of cocoa 🤷 the real test for me will be in the summer,,I do like it as a primer so far, that's the only way I've used it

@RGbrown How do you like the Cotz sunsreen?  Is it really lightweight so that it's easily layered or more of an actual moisturizer?

@CookieGirl1 

I adore the Cotz...it's my favorite sunscreen (not that I've tried as many as many folks here, so take that for what it's worth lol). It seems thick coming out of the tube, but the texture is fairly light, almost fluffy. It's very silicone heavy, so it's got a slick feel as you apply it, but it dries down weightless. Many days, it's my only base; if I do anything else on top, it's just tinted moisturizer, so I can't say much about layering anything else, but it has always been great with my Complexion Rescue over it. 

Thanks, @RGbrown

This morning:20200124_120600.jpg

20200124_120818.jpg

20200124_120830.jpg

Spoiler
What kind of madness is this Skin & Co truffle therapy radiant mist? I used it as my first step after wiping last night's skincare off my face and it immediately gave me an even glow.  It probably has to do with the oils in it. First things and impressions first: I got this in my Boxycharm and initially I didn't want to use it ('Who wants to smell like a truffle mushroom?' I thought. I'm not fond of truffle oil smell, I certainly don't want to smell like a truffle oil french fry). A) it smells like peppermint, which quickly dissipates, and B) the subtle glow is real. 
I will test this further. 

The FAB intense repair cream is so nice on my face. Ok. So I went into Sephora early on in my skincare journey year this past year and this was recommended for sensitive skin. It doesn't leave a film if I use a little bit, but I can layer it on thick if I want. Thing is, I wasn't thinking of the container size when I turned around and bought it online. This big container will last me for years if I only use it on the face. I should start using it on the body as well.

@l8totheparty I love to eat truffles 😉

@l8totheparty  Heh, I love black truffles (I like them better than white truffles) but also wouldn’t want to smell like them all day. 😄 I’m glad Radiant Dew seems to agree with your skin! I wouldn’t be able to use it because of all the essential oils: rosemary, bitter orange, rose, and peppermint oils in one product would wreck my skin within, oh, 2 - 14 days of consistent use. But some folks’ faces thrive on essential/perfuming oils, so hopefully you won’t have any problems. 

And now I have a serious black truffle craving... if they weren’t so expensive, I’d keep them stocked in my kitchen. 

Hmm, good point, @WinglessOne ! I will have to see how my face reacts after using this Radiant Dew for a couple days in a row. Thinking back over the last year...I don't think I've had these essential oils in regular products that I've used. Will be a good experiment. Thanks for the subtle warning- I am still learning.

@l8totheparty Trader Joe’s has these truffle potato chips and they sounded sooooo good. Once I opened the bag I could barely stand the smell. I tried a couple but had to toss them. In small quantities it is nice...like how your mist sounds!

This had none of that truffle smell, which I was most thankful for, @eshoe !

I’m way behind on the posts lol, sorry guys.  Im noticing the ordinary is very popular ❤️ Must try stuff for 2020.  I have some empties and stuff I’ve been using.  Good molecules cleansing balm, great received it gratis through a Beautylish order.  Dr. Brandt neck sculpting cream ... meh noting noticeable but I’m getting old and so I can’t expect miracles unless I go for injectables.  The rose quartz sculpting tool is the best thing from that package but in all honesty I forgot to use it a lot.  IGK good behaviour spray for my hair I love and it’s empty.  Lasts a long time and it’s my second bottle from last Fall.  Excellent, love using it before I blow dry my hair.  Farmacy honey potion mini pot.  I’m not sure as it kind of tingles and burns a bit and my skin can break out if I overuse it.  So I’m meh about it.  The blending, hydrating cream (Korean skincare) was really nice and I’m out of it.  It always worked so well under my makeup, was gentle and moisturizing but also absorbed well.  Dermablendz makeup remover is good.  Green envy and good molecules I reach for the most.  Vasanti exfoliating wash is really good.  Better than my Glamglow  which I’m halfway through.

B055594A-BC69-45FB-B90D-FC0CB9C1B555.jpegCDA358E2-1517-4D64-AF47-65FE85AC0943.jpeg6A3525F0-2AC6-4FB1-B6B7-CB007CCBA267.jpeg80667E5E-9F25-4768-B202-3CD903EAD761.jpegCFCD686E-F218-431E-8EAE-6901FDA1CC67.jpeg

@2manyperfumes so many cool looking products

Thank you @lmaster ❤️ That neck cream was expensive and not worth it.  Only the quartz applicator was nice but I don’t use it often. Bum bum cream is so much better on my neck.  

I like using The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL as a neck lotion @2manyperfumes, I’ve noticed a smoothing and it’s definitely one of the less spendy options out there.

Ohh thank you @eshoe 🥰 I’m always looking for affordable options.  👍

Last night's routine:SK-II in spray bottleSK-II in spray bottle

Added this in after the SK-II essenceAdded this in after the SK-II essence

Added this to the end after the sheet mask soaked in.Added this to the end after the sheet mask soaked in.

Spoiler

@l8totheparty Love the packaging on the mist!

3,074 Replies
testing