Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Thank you @SportyGirly125, that is valuable info. I like how the Glossier jelly cleanser works, but not so much a fan of the scent. Their Moon Mask has the same scent.

I'm so glad you loved the LANEIGE - Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer @itsfi. I'd say half of the mods on BIC love it, too. It's a great way to get extra moisture to your skin, without being heavy. I have combo skin like you that can get drier, so I like layering it with other moisturizers/facial oils. Thanks for sharing your routine! <333

I can see how so many mods love it; it’s so good @PenelopeBT! 😊 I love how light but moisturizing it is; and that I can tailor it to how much my skin needs! 💙🤍

Tonight I’m trying a couple new products.  

A37DD7FF-851C-468C-9726-62FA6C9B903B.jpeg

MILK MAKEUP - Melatonin Overnight Serum This serum is wonderful!  It’s in stick form but when it hits your skin kinda splashes on as a cool lavender scented liquid.  It’s very pleasant to apply. My skin is slightly tacky from it but I a good moisturized way. My first impression of it is going well.  
MILK MAKEUP - Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask. This lip mask is highly moisturizing.  It has a light lavender scent but the scent doesn’t translate to the lips so you’re not tasting anything.  It’s a clear Vaseline-like consistency but not oily and absorbs well into the lips.  I liked it instantly.  
Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 1 oz. This is lightweight, spreads and absorbs well.  Only on night one of this so I don’t have much else to say besides there’s no scent.  

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I’m sure someone’s already asked this, but what are your thoughts on the PTR Niacinamide Treatment? I’ve been looking at that for a while!

This photo makes me so happy! 😍 So much skincare goodness @heartsmyface! I’ve been wondering about both those Milk products... 🤔 They may both be heading home to me, along with that PTR treatment, during the sale. I like this “shop hearts’ stash” approach to shopping! 🛍 🛒 

Great routine! I love trying new products. I recently also added a retinol to my nighttime routine and I'm interested in seeing how it's going to change my skin. Thankfully, I haven't had any redness or peeling yet. <333

@PenelopeBT   Hopefully you see some good results.  I don’t really see visible results anymore.  I think I’m just in maintenance mode so as long as the aging process is going slow I’m happy. 

Thank you for the insights about the Milk products @heartsmyface, I've been curious about the serum (but hearing about the lavender scent is going to make it a no for me). I'm using the Murad eye retinol and it sounds similar to the face! Nice line up!! 

@heartsmyface I have been very curious about those new milk products!! Thank you for sharing !

Evening skincare:

Let's try to bring this skin back to where it left off at, before it all hit the fan.

Weather: typical indoors.20200405_221521.jpg

I spy a Bakuchiol product @l8totheparty! 💗 I have quite a few different Bakuchiol products in my shopping cart 🛒 for the sale; I’ll need to narrow it down as I don’t need all of them at once...right?! 🤔😉😆 

Indeed!  I have to check which bakuchiol products Sephora sells. I like the Herbivore one I think better than this one. @itsfi 

Ahhh, very good info @l8totheparty; thank you! It looks like Sephora carries a few other Bakuchiol serums - Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL; OLEHENRIKSEN - Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum; and OMOROVICZA - Miracle Facial Oil.  

Have you tried these? I wish Sephora would carry the Herbivore one again! @itsfi 

@l8totheparty, I just started trying Bakuchiol, with the Herbivore sample I had; it's a love. I was researching to see what other products Sephora had; haven't tried any of these yet. I'm thinking of getting either the OleHenriksen or Biossance one during the sale; need to do a little more research on both of them. The Omorovicza looks nice and the sale would be time to pick it up at that price point, but that is a spendy oil and I have a handful of facial oils that I haven't even opened up yet. 

@itsfi @l8totheparty I've tried both the OH and the Biossance ones, but not the Herbivore yet, so can't compare one to one.

The Biossance one is slow but works. It's a very gentle product, so if one wasn't used to retinol like products, it would be a great starter one or if one's skin is sensitive. It's also lovely because it's in a bed of hydrating ingredients, so it's not as harsh. Definitely left my skin soft and smooth, but it just took weeks of everyday use.

The OH is odd? It shimmers? I enjoy it, but the scent and texture are not for some. I haven't used it in conjunction with the cream yet, so can't  comment on the pair works together (like how its designed). I was using it in place of Luna for a while. It definitely leaves my skin softer and with some less redness which is a plus, but I prefer luna, as it doesn't leave my skin as tacky. Definitely not for morning use, as it leaves a bit of purple tint (unless you're into that?). These two OH products also have AHA which have to be factored into your skincare routine. This one I feel is often available as a sample or GWP, and I'd recommend testing it first.

But maybe the Herbivore one will come back?? This is my hope, if its working for you both.

This is super helpful @haleyvvvv! Thanks so much! 😃 It sounds like the Herbivore will be the one for me. 💜 I’m very much hoping it comes back for the sale. 🤞🏼

If my memory is right, you and @l8totheparty are both in Canada, yes? If so and the Herbivore Bakuchiol isn’t available during the sale, socialitebeauty dot com carries it and it looks like you can get 15% off if you sign up for their newsletter.

Thanks for the heads up, @itsfi !

Thanks for that great review! @haleyvvvv I might try to see about getting the Herbivore direct. 

Yesterday morning and tonight, trying some new things so a lot of first impressions but nothing solid yet2004175D-EB34-4A62-9C79-A61A2CBC6784.jpeg

D22ED477-5FD9-4E04-BE46-4C4D2911D75F.jpeg

Goal is to finish the Glow Recipe as I have a backup. Kora Organics had (has?) a phenomenal sale and I picked up a number of her products to try out. Exp. date is close (May) but I’m excited to branch out into the brand and see what else I like. Have a backup of the Herbivore already and am debating on whether to restock the Glossier or not. It’s a good solid moisturizer, and I like that.

3,074 Replies
testing