Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Ahh, your skin is totally fancy enough @eshoe! But I completely understand. It’s an expensive habit to start.

Oooh, those samples are fancy!! How were they, @eshoe? And how are the Alpyn products after using them for longer?

@haleyvvvv I hate to say it, but I really love both. The Sulwhasoo Blooming Eye Gel is like a  translucent matte BB cream for your under eyes. I absolutely love because it is so different, absorbs quickly and reduces glare under my eyes. The Dr. Barbara Sturm Hyaluronic Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL mixed with everything else I used made my skin look sooooo smooth. It was also thicker than the average serum, translucent as well and scent less. Love the product but not the price🤷🏻‍♀️

The Alpyn, for me-I enjoy but have to set aside for a night when I am up for an extra sensory routine. The moisturizer takes a while to absorb, leaving a whitish-cast if not patted in properly. The Sleeping Mask I think is better, and of the two if I had to, would be the repurchase.

Oh gosh, both of those products sound amazing!! I have a DS sample of the Sulwhasoo cream and I'm so excited to try it!! It's always so hard when the lovely products are the $$ ones. Its toll bad to hear about the Alpyn!

@eshoe @I feel so confused by micellar water. It’s never completely removed my makeup and it doesn’t tone my face and I’ve tried around 15 of them including the Nuxebalways thinking maybe I haven’t tried the right one and I inevitably give up on them and pour them down the drain.  What do YOU use it for?  

Have you tried this one @heartsmyface 29E3EC3C-2FEC-41BB-8793-5719B7CC71EA.jpeg

I use it for mascara/eye makeup removal, nothing else. Doesn’t bother my contacts and no scent, no pain, all ❤️ 1000% my favorite eye makeup remover.

@eshoe  Yes, but maybe no.  I think it was a blue lid on the one I had...  I may have to give it another go but look for the pink lid.  Do you use cotton pads with it cause that’s what I was working with. People love miccelar water and I haven’t been able to get on board with the hype around them yet.   I have makeup removers that I love and should just settle with those but where’s the fun in that? 😁

@heartsmyface @eshoe the blue lid is targeted for very dry skin. The pink for sensitive skin. I’ve used both, but the pink is my favorite. I’ve lost count of how many bottles I’ve gone through over the last few years. 

@itsfi @Ah okay!  Thank you. That makes a lot of sense.  If I had the option I would have gone for the one that treats dry skin.  That’s two votes for the pink one 😄 

It’s great for my contact-wearing eyes, @heartsmyface - makes sense that is is for sensitive skin.

My morning skincare routine for the past week / week-and-a-half. 
F1257A7F-73C9-4027-8146-9EA0FDA1C971.jpegSkin Type: Combination; my skin is still dehydrated but less dry all around, especially at my nose and chin, which are leaning slightly toward the oily side.

Weather: On those few occasions I'm outside, it's overcast, cool, a tad windy (and the sun occasionally plays a little game of peek-a-boo mid-afternoon). 

Skin Concerns: Keeping skin hydrated and breakouts at bay. I continue to work on fading a few dark / sun spots, though I tend to focus on those issues more with my evening skincare routine.

Skincare Products:
Spoiler

Awesome. I was interested in the LaNeige CreamSkin for summer maybe but wasn't aware there is a mini size at the moment. Thanks for putting that on my radar @itsfi ^.^

@CoffeeWuff, the Laneige would be great in the summer. 🌞 It does a really nice job of adding moisture to my skin without feeling heavy. I love mini’s! It’s a nice way to give the product a good try. I plan on picking up a couple of mini’s for gifts. 

@itsfi that's what I thought. ^.^ the mini size is sitting in my cart now . 😉

So true, I love mini sizes as well. Those little sets with sample sizes are wonderful too. 🙂

This sounds like such a nice, hydrating morning routine @itsfi 

I'm most intrigued by the Klairs vitamin C, although it is a lower % than I'm using now.

@l8totheparty, I like that the Klairs vitamin C also has centella asiatica in it. If you're used to a stronger concentration of vitamin C, this one will take longer to give you the results you are getting. 

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

is cerave good?

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@abbysitter, I like this Cerave salicylic acid cleanser for when my skin is more on the combo or oilier side and/or I'm dealing with breakouts. Salicylic acid can really dry out my skin but this Cerave cleanser also contains a few different types of ceramides (moisturizing) and hyaluronic acid (hydrating) so I don't get the tight, dry feeling that I often do with other salicylic acid-based cleansers.

I've also tried the Cerave hydrating cleanser in the winter months when my skin gets really dry - it's a simple, does-what-you-want-it-to-do cleanser. I haven't tried the moisturizers in the line, but so far, the cleansers have worked well for me.

I’m very interested in your thoughts on the Holifrog, @itsfi . Haven’t tried anything from the brand yet but want to start somewhere;)

@eshoe, I like that this one has omega fatty acids and probiotics in it; it doesn't strip my skin and makes it feel nourished too. I know you're a fan of acids (who isn't though, right?!! ha!) and Holifrog has an AHA-based exfoliating cleanser that sounds really good - cleansing and exfoliating - 2 steps in one, I love that idea. There's also a milky cleanser that I think my skin would like when it leans more dry. As with most skincare products, I wish the brand would make a sampler set of mini's to try. That may just be me though. 😉

@eshoe I have been using the Holifrog gel wash and noticed it to be really gentle on the skin. I would compare it to Glossier milky jelly cleanser minus the scent. 

3,074 Replies
testing