Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

RE: Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Hi! I’ve been using the TLC for a while but I also didn’t really have to build up much of a tolerance to it! The toner is surprisingly not irritating g at all to me. It said to prepare for some redness and tingling but I haven’t had any! It’s leaving my skin SO nice in the morning though!!

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

I was about to comment the same thing @adurdin3 as @WinglessOne  when I saw the toner and TLC together.

I did that inadvertently once since the toner had fancy name but didn’t state that it’s had exfoliating ingredients (it was when I was naive and would buy products based on sales girls reco but without doing my own research).

this one at least has 11%AHA written on the bottle.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Morning - no face cleanser, just washed with water. Stayed home so no sunscreen

either

Evening - it was retinol day but since skin was not 100% yesterday, I was planning on skipping it then... I saw the eye serum and just decided to use it all over my face since this is so much gentler compared to DE A-Passioni (and I am feeling rich after getting this serum in play boxes recently 😄) . No F-Balm either. So far skin is feeling calm and good, will see how is it tomorrow morning. 

MorningMorning

EveningEvening

@naturalooks15 can't live without the farmacy 🙌

How is the DDG product, @naturalooks15?

DDG is really good. I like it very much, so much so that I bought several play boxes that had this serum to stock up on this. 

I have used it on eye though to be honest (today is the first time I put it on the whole face and it was super gentle, just one little dry flake and no other issue or sensitivity so I may use it on face again when I really want retinol but my face is not ready to take the stronger ones.

Having said that I didn't have major concerns in the eye area (except for puffiness under one eye which I think is caused by fat pad moving and would require either filler or something else) to begin with and I had been using DE serum (Shaba) and cream (Tango) for last couple of years before starting this.  I started on this for retinol. 

We have few of our diligent users for this and have had much longer use time and posted their insights about this particular product multiple times in various threads and in this thread itself @WinglessOne  @GG85 @fieldsofclover 

Tonight’s skincare routine

E985AC31-05DE-4EE9-9898-2A24A0E5D174.jpeg

@faeriegirl you have a lovely routine here

How are you liking the Dr Dennis Gross product?

How are you liking the Dr Dennis Gross product?

Re: How are you liking the Dr Dennis Gross product?

@hashour @haleyvvvv  I really like it so far. It doesn't irritate my eyes and I have seen a small difference in fine lines.

Re: How are you liking the Dr Dennis Gross product?

I'm also curious about this product, @faeriegirl @hashour !

So many products I want to try @faeriegirl 👏 😍🤩, I forgot to post my nighttime creams lol

Awesome lineup !!
Our routine is so similar on Retinol day @faeriegirl  pic popped up on main page and for a sec I thought it was my pic then realized I haven’t done my routine today yet 😄 😄

That is so funny @naturalooks15!

Last night was my basic no-retinol (well, no full face retinol) routine, with a couple new products in the mix. 

PM routine, Jan 20.PM routine, Jan 20.

Details: 

Spoiler

This morning’s routine was the same as yesterday morning’s. 🙂 

I've got to try that DDG product, if it firms. Is it a strong eye retinol, @WinglessOne ?

@haleyvvvv  It’s not a strong retinol. DDG won’t divulge the % of retinol in this stuff, just like they won’t state the % of AHA and BHA in their Alpha Beta Universal peel pads—which is ridiculous because none of these ingredients are trade secrets. 😄 Some of us like to know exactly how strong or gentle certain ingredients are in the products we put on our faces. Sigh... 

Anyway, I suspect this eye serum contains a very low % of retinol. Possibly as low as the % in FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate. Eh, maybe a bit higher, who knows (except the folks at DDG). Last month I used this DDG eye serum on my whole face each night of a 10-day stay in Florida—I intentionally left The Inkey List Retinol at home—and the difference between the 2 serums was obvious to me. Not a truly fair comparison since there aren’t many overlapping ingredients between these serums, but still: I know how my face responds to my usual retinol serum, and by day 5 of nightly DDG use I could see my skin losing some of its radiance and looking a bit dull after exfoliation. Some of that could also have been due to the climate change and plane cabin exposure. My skin didn’t look awful. It was just missing some of its oomph, if that makes sense. As soon as I returned home and started back on my Inkey List retinol serum every other night, the oomph returned. 

The DDG eye serum does contain a great mix of antioxidants and a peptide. And the retinol (whatever % it is) isn’t useless. If this serum came in a bigger bottle at a reasonable price point (I know there’s a similarly named DDG serum for the whole face, but it’s formulated a bit differently) and I didn’t need more retinol than it contains, I’d use it on my whole face every single day. 

@WinglessOne It is so frustrating when companies do that. Thank you for all of the info!! But this sounds like a good starter retinol, do you also use the glow recipe eye one? I don't use an eye retinol yet and it would be good to start with a more gentle one, as opposed to like Kate Sommerville.

@haleyvvvv  No problem! The only retinol products I use are The Inkey List and that DDG eye serum. Oh, and I often travel with Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus; the step 2 pad contains some retinol. (I don’t use those peel pads at home anymore, but they’re good for travel.) 

Thanks @WinglessOne !

Very nice @WinglessOne ❤️, I tried a mini YTTP and it was a good moisturizer 👍 I really need to pick up some ordinary serums and oil 

3,074 Replies
testing