Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Yeah, I think I like ones that are either rather than a combined, @l8totheparty. but, what's there to do when you got a stash to use up? And at least i know that now.

Indeed @haleyvvvv but....if it really isn't doing anything for you, chuck it. Why waste time, effort and face on a product that isn't accomplishing the goals you have set out? 

@l8totheparty true! But I think if it's kinda working, isn't harmful and I can't give it away to a friend, then I should finish it. I'll probably try to rehome additional of this product though.

Last night's skincare: Indoor weather.

20200401_211441.jpg

Full evening of skincare.  My skin was revolting against my haphazard skincare over the last 2 weeks. The fun, hydrating mask was courtesy of @itsfi 💗

I keep seeing your Laneige and I've been skipping mine. Motivation to use it - thanks @l8totheparty!

You are welcome! @ShortErica 

I find if I include it in my picture it will actually get used 😉

I'm glad you were able to get a full routine in, @l8totheparty!! Nice nourishing line up!!

@l8totheparty, I saw your pic of the sheet mask before I saw that you tagged me, and thought “oooh, that’s a good one!” 😍😆 

So sorry to hear your skin is misbehaving’ 😔; hope it settles down and gets back to a good place soon. 🤞🏼 

Thanks- me too! @itsfi 

Keeping it simple tonight.  Just need some exfoliation and hydration.

IMG_0818.jpg

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Mini Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 5 Treatments

LANCER SKINCARE - Omega Hydrating Oil

SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask

I love simple 💗 @averylayne 

@l8totheparty I'm use to about 6-8 steps per night, so simple is definitely a nice change haha

Oooh, I love this quick and simple line up, @averylayne!! Jet lag FTW!

thanks @haleyvvvv ! Jet Lag errrrrrrrday

That Lancer hydrating oil looks wonderful @averylayne

@itsfi it's very hydrating! not a huge fan of oils, but I do like this one.  I can only wear it at night though, because it makes me look pretty greasy

This has generally been my routine since Friday. I’ve been trying out a couple new products and different combination of products. The weather has been a little fickle, leaving my skin confused at times 🤷🏻‍♀️ - this is around the time when my skin starts leaning dehydrated-combo, instead of dehydrated-dry but the rain and wind we’ve been having is leaving me with some dry on patches that I typically see more of in the winter months. C’est la vie. BDCD695C-3EAB-4B31-A4E8-E7A880FA6355.jpeg

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser makes a great second cleanse or, when my skin is on the oilier side, a great morning cleanser. It's a simple, no muss, no fuss basic cleanser that gets its job done without leaving skin feeling tight or stripped, which is a huge plus.  Thank you @SportyGirly125 for sending this one over my way.

Herbivore Bakuchiol is the standout product in my more recent skincare routines. My skin has not historically reacted well at all to retinols or Retin-A so I was both skeptical and intrigued by Herbivore Bakuchiol. I was happy that I didn't experience the usual skin irritations, or any irritation at all, from the Bakuchiol BUT I've even notice some amazing results that have me very impressed with this retinol-alternative. I've noticed earlier this year the faint (but still very noticeable to me) beginnings of frown lines (I think they're called elevens?) - aaaack!! I know, acne and lines - what lottery ticket did I get?! hahaha! I've been using Bakuchiol all of March and ... I don't see the lines anymore. I'm shocked and mightily happy too!

I've wondered if The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics is a dupe for Dr. Dennis Gross Marine Hyaluronics Hydration Booster so I decided to switch out the DDG I was using for The Ordinary and it's not looking like it so far, but I want to give TO until the end of the week before I give my general thoughts on it. 

Yes, the Herbivore Bakuchiol is a great product.  @itsfi 

My skin loves it @l8totheparty! 💕 Have you tried other skincare products containing Bakuchiol? 

Nice line up, @itsfi!! I love how it is all pink and spring colored!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! 😃 The Herbivore Bakuchiol keeps it from being an all pink and white lineup, but the Bakuchiol is just sooo good! My skincare routine is ready for warmer spring temperatures but the weather  isn’t really cooperating. Ha! 😆

3,074 Replies
testing