Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Look at all those skincare products @eshoe! I’ve heard good things about The Inkey List Caffeine eye cream. 😃 What’s the facial oil product between the TJ rose mask and the Herbivore Bakuchiol in the second pic?

Ahhh that’s the little TJ’s rose Facial Oil, @itsfi. I find myself using it a lot when I’m tired and ready for bed, have masked hours ago and my skin need more hydration. The scent isn’t so strong as to overwhelm and it does a great job of giving some deep 💕 to my skin.

@eshoe   Ugh, I still haven’t tried that banana soufflé and you’re almost on your second bottle!  Is it recommended then?  And do you love it solely for the pleasure of the scent or is it special in some other way? 

@heartsmyface The banana soufflé-yes the scent is ahhhhh-mazing! It is also the only other moisturizer besides my daytime favorite Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... that doesn’t pull under my makeup. Its fool-proof! It’s slightly thinner than the YTTP but behaves the same way, so yes I would absolutely move on to a second jar!

The cleansing jelly is such a pretty bottle, and everything just looks so pastel and spring-colored, it's so pretty, @eshoe!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv - I love that jar too! I’m a little iffy on the actual product. It’s clean, which is a big plus

13328068-1792-41DD-AF30-BA234C4CC0D6.jpeg

It’s a really thick jelly, and I am finding it leaves a bit of a film behind (the tiniest), so I’m working with it to determine what might help alleviate that. It’s unscented, too.

@eshoe   Eeee, do you think a double cleanse might help?  If you follow with something foaming for example? 

Oh that’s a good idea, @heartsmyface! It’s not as filmy as Eve Lom’s cleansing balm, it just takes a little more rinsing than I would like to remove everything. I am going to try a foaming cleanser after this, maybe that will do the trick👍🏼

Oooh, I do like clean and unscented, but I'm sorry it's not a full winner for you, @eshoe!!

It’s good, @haleyvvvv, but my first impressions are less than what I was hoping🤷🏻‍♀️ Used it again last night and it’s really not bad, just not like the REN jelly cleanser that was love at first try😄

You have a link and yellow theme going on, and that oddly enough is making me happy to look at! Daily reminder, @l8totheparty , wash my face! 

@eshoe 

Ha I see it, @l8totheparty - guess the pinks and yellows bring some cheer into life right now🤗

Updates to my daytime skincare. I have generally normal skin, a bit of redness recently (probably because I can't go outside). Who knows what the weather is?

Daytime20200404_131458.jpg

Spoiler

THANKS so much for showing and talking about the Saturday Skin Peel! I have been looking for one and am NOT going to spend a weeks worth of gas or food money on ONE tube of something. In looking at the ingredients it looks similar to the Kate Somerville , minus the GREEN papaya!! AND it costs a lot less. I am going to try some out on my next order. I just ordered some Belif (sp??) products because I heard such good things about them. I have been wanting to change ALL my skin care cause it just isn't doing it anymore!! SO cash poor right now. But now I have something to look forward to🥰

I do think they soften my skin a but, I've tried the Saturday Skin and Philosophy ones. A lot of people like the Peter Thomas Roth one, and the one from Kate Somerville. I don't think they don't  work, they're just not my preference. I think I prefer a longer term exfoliation (like overnight) or an exfoliation mask (with more concentration) or a more physical ish one (like a rice powder or similar). And I prefer a product that doesn't ball up and stuck in hair on my face. But these are my preferences. Everyone's skin is different, which is why I really like samples, trial sets and subscription boxes to try out stuff.

But they're all a fair bit $, although I think the Saturday Skin is the most affordable of these 4. I don't ever recommend spending outside of your budget and definitely know most if us are feeling a pinch right now.

If you're looking for a good exfoliator in general (not a peel gel), specifically, I recommend The Ordinary products. Their lactic acid serums are nice, and their glycolic acid toner definitely packs a punch. There's also the multi acid peel, which has become a bit of a fad, although I haven't tried it. If you're new to exfoliation, in general, I recommend starting off either with the longer wears ones, picking one and using it once a week to build tolerance and see how it works on my skin. If you start with the more heavy duty mask, maybe try using it first for a 1/4 or 1/2 the time recommended. I've over exfoliated in the past and it was an ordeal to get back.

This being said, I'm not a derm, so when you can, if you're able, if you've found of all your skincare just isn't working for you anymore, it might be a good idea (even digitally).

I'm glad you've found a set of stuff that you're excited about with the Belief, @summerflower. Enjoy!

THANKS for the tips! I did get the Ordinary peel but it has been LOST somewhere and I have to wait for it to be resent. I like the long term & overnight type of peels also but sometimes I just want something that will give me an instant update! I do the derma-planing every month cause I could NOT stand the peach fuzz. It was annoying me and my skin looks SO much better without it, makeup goes on better too. So the gel peel probably wouldn't be a problem with that. I haven't tried one yet so we'll see!  I liked a lot of your choices. FOR ALL my life I was RELIGIOUS about my skincare then a bunch of life stuff happened and it went away for awhile, I am  looking for things to use now that my skin has changed and I heard good things about the Belif line so I ma keeping my fingers crossed that my skin loves it!

I haven't tried any of the peel gels, but I have some in my stash so I will have to try them out! @haleyvvvv 

I've tried a few now (and have more to try), and I'm not sure how I like them. They definitely get stuck in my baby hairs, which is obnoxious. And it feels more like the product balls up rather than dead skin. My face is always smoother after, so they probably work, but they're a lot of effort IMO, @l8totheparty.

@haleyvvvv   I think that’s what they’re supposed to do- react to your skin ball up and then gently exfoliate your skin.  I like the Curé one the best cause it doesn’t get caught up in the peach fuzz but it also has a high alcohol content so can’t win there.  I’m also a huge fan of the Skynville one but it contains placenta which is a little off putting for a lot of people.  

Yeah, @heartsmyface, I've been reading a bit more about it since starting to use this one. I think I wasn't expecting it to be full on dead skin balling up (even though that's kinda how brands market them sometimes). I just think the balling up is weird to me, especially in ones with chemical exfoliants. Like my head is having a hard time, since they sometimes have a chemical exfoliant, there should be some dead skin, but it just seems to be mostly product, which does the exfoliation. But yeah, the sticking in peach fuzz issue is a nightmare that makes me want to go to a different type of physical exfoliant. Thank you for the info on the other products!!

I've wondered if they actually do anything.  Tbh, I'd probably like regular scrubs or acid peels petter. @haleyvvvv 

3,074 Replies
testing