Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

That’s too bad about the cleansing balm @eshoe. I’m really liking the CosRx essence. I was so afraid it would feel slimy but it feels ok to me.

Oh I was soooooo disappointed @faeriegirl, especially in myself for 1) not refrigerating it and 2) not finishing it. Oh well, lesson learned! 

How long have you been using the essence? It’s thick, feels a little out of place applying under serum (like I could do it after, some serums are pretty thin). I love how my skin looks immediately after using it!

@eshoe  I have been using it for a little over 3 weeks. I like to apply it when my face is slightly damp and it goes on better.

@eshoe  I’m not quite onboard with snail slime yet... working my way up to trying some of the snail mucin sheet masks I have. But the CosRx is intriguing. So many people seem to like it. I hope it works well for you! 

I don’t like little spatulas: too fussy for me; I lack the patience to use, wash, and store them; I always lose them; and I’d much rather decant product to a better container that requires no spatula. BUT, that little tulip spatula is adorable! 😍 

@WinglessOne it’s taken me awhile to get to this point. The problem is that I’ve never had a bad snail sheet mask...so a daily dose of it must be exponentially better, right? We’ll see. The HA in it supposedly has a low molecular weight which = easier absorption. Still, it makes me a little uneasy when I think about it. 

That might be my favorite spatula, too! It’s weighty, feels like metal, which I appreciate.

@eshoe  Yay for more on the snail train !!  I had a similar initial reaction 🙂 but benefits and price point was worth it to me plus now I don't think/ visualize about it anymore and consistency is very similar to any other thick essence. 

I’m excited to see if there are any ‘long(er)-term effects @naturalooks15. I don’t generally rely on skincare to do that for me, that’s gotta come from what I put in to my body, and time, I think. 

I wanted to use it this morning, eventually did, but felt a little queasy. I just have to remember not to think about it!

@eshoe the bloomeffects is so beautiful!!

I absolutely love it @lmaster. So glad I took a chance on it. I wish they would give samples with online orders, if there is a Blue Mercury around you, they carry the brand. I want the Dutch Dirt mask next!

Nope no blue Mercury @eshoe  I will purchase it... You know I have to get through my stash first,, or at least some of my stash 😉

Yes, getting through my sheet mask stash was a major goal of mine, no more masks until July, I said @lmaster. Until January 5th🙄

@eshoe 🤣 

Oh no- the Omorovicza! I'd be crushed for something I like to go bad. If you repurchase at least you know you have to use it up straight away.  @eshoe 

What's in the baby consonant bottle?

Yep, lesson learned @l8totheparty. Probably should have kept it in my mini fridge, might have lasted longer but oh well!

That is the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum, aka 'hot dog juice,' because the scent. I just want to finish it 😉 

😆 @eshoe 

Hot dog juice 

Insomnia kept me from doing my PM routine until 4 AM CT. It’s a retinol night, plus an AHA exfoliation night, plus I couldn’t resist trying one of the products from my new Sephora gratis package. 

Retinol night, Jan. 22: testing F-Balm on an AHA exfoliation night because sure, why not tempt fate?Retinol night, Jan. 22: testing F-Balm on an AHA exfoliation night because sure, why not tempt fate?

Details: 

Spoiler

@WinglessOne just like you to remind me to do something - I should be putting retinol on my neck - thank you thank you thank you! How does The Inkey List one compare to others you've tried?

@ShortErica  I’ve only used 2 retinol serums on my whole face: The Inkey List Retinol and FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate (my starter retinol). Well okay, technically 3 if we count DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum which I have used on my whole face a few times. Among those 3, The Inkey List is definitely my favorite for retinol-specific results. This reminds me that I have a sample of Drunk Elephant A-Passioni but haven’t used it yet. 

And you’re welcome for the neck reminder! At first, I kept retinol off my neck because I wanted to see how my face would react. An itchy irritated face is easier for me to treat and manage than an itchy irritated neck. 😄 Even after seeing no face irritation and gradually moving up to my current frequent usage, I kept forgetting to bring the retinol down onto my neck. I’m bad about doing anything to my neck beyond shower-washing and body lotion in the morning. I’m trying to get better about that this year: AM and PM, whatever I used on my entire face will also be used on my neck. Gotta keep my neck from having major face envy! 

Yeah, my face gets the extras - serums, treatments, what not. Definitely need to remember the neck @WinglessOne. Though that's wise to also use ingredients cautiously. And thanks for the retinol product comparisons!

@WinglessOne  How did the fbalm turn out?? I’m trying mine tonight too!!

@ather  It felt very hydrating when I first applied it. Then it felt tacky for about 3 hours, but not obnoxiously so. My skin felt pretty hydrated when I woke up, but I need to test it a few more times to see how moisturizing it really is, with and without a facial oil layered underneath. Best of all, my skin didn’t throw a tantrum over it. This might end up being the second Drunk Elephant product my skin tolerates. 

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on F-Balm! 

3,074 Replies
testing