Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@lmaster Sometimes you just gotta know that self care and skin care can be getting more sleep instead of staying up to do a routine.  I can appreciate a simple routine before bed!

@missjeanie yep usually 2 x a week I appreciate a quick routine 😊

Oh I can relate to a quick routine! 😄 @lmaster 

@l8totheparty when it's cold,, like really cold too I don't want to move,, let alone go through a huge product routine

A little switch up this morning.  I didn’t wash my face last night (I know I know) so I thought I’d try using a sample of the Clinique Take the Day off I recently received.  It smells odd and left a film on my face so I reached for the Purlisse cleansing milk sample from my Ipsy bag to double cleanse with.  It works well.  I want to try it again to see how well it performs on its own.  I like that it has no distinct scent and that it doesn’t strip my skin.  

6B60569F-7F1E-4530-8963-D00FC6C107AC.jpeg

Real life happens and sometimes make up doesn't come off @heartsmyface !  Looks like your AM routine sure made up for it!  

Tell me about your Skin Aqua SPF 50!  I love SPF and am always on the hunt for another great one.  Is it thick/thin, mineral/chemical, do you love it?

@missjeanie   Imm good most nights so hopefully that counts for something.  😅

The sunscreen is milky has a lilac tint to it to counter any yellow /sallowness.  The UV filter ingredients are oxinoxate, titanium dioxide, uvinul A plus and Tinosorb S.  it’s a little on the thick side but works well as a pore minimizing primer.  I Like how brightening it is.  I think they discontinued this version at the end of 2019 so if you see it online be sure to watch for batch codes. 

This sounds like a great sunscreen @heartsmyface ! I’ll have to keep an eye out... though why would they ever discontinue???

@heartsmyface Cinderella time!! Great name

@lmaster   Right?  It certainly worked on me!  I picked up some sheet masks by them as well which I’m looking forward to trying.  

Oh no, @heartsmyface !  I find the Clinique take the day off has a plain scent, perhaps of oil. Perhaps that's what you smelled? 

@l8totheparty   Yeah I was weird.  It felt like coconut oil but smelled like olive oil.  I didn’t like it at all. 

Yep- that's the similar smell I have. The Farmacy Green Clean smells better 😉😎

@heartsmyface 

@l8totheparty @I feel like I may have liked it more had I never tried the Farmacy one.  Also, it got in my eyes and fogged up my contacts which hasn’t ever happened with the Farmacy. 

Oooh, Purlisse makes a cleansing milk @heartsmyface? 😍 It sounds like a nice one. I like the brand name of that emulsion “Cinderella Time” - it’s cute. 

@itsfi   Yeah.  Imm not too familiar with Purlisse as a brand.  Everything I have has come from Ipsy bags and it’s mostly masks.  
The Conferella Time Emulsion is beautiful milky and has oil in it that really seals the moisture in.  It claims to be brightening but I use so many brightening products it’s hard to tell what’s really doing the work.  

Tonight’s routine. I was going to use a sheet mask but changed my mind for some reason. Didn’t wear any makeup or sunscreen today, so no need for makeup remover. 

I’m liking the YTTP mist a lot more than I thought I would.I’m liking the YTTP mist a lot more than I thought I would.

Details: 

Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser. I usually alternate between this and Hydralight in my PM routine. 

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. Once the weather warms up, I might drop this from my PM routine (but keep it in my AM routine). For now, in this weather, I need it day and night. 

Undereyes: Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum. Almost put it on my whole face while I was at it. 

Exfoliant: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution, applied to my entire forehead and nose tonight. Normally I’d apply it to my whole face, but I’m still babying a patch of angry skin and need to keep leave-on exfoliants off that area. 

Mist: a very generous amount of the YTTP Adaptogen mist. I used this as a hydrating and soothing serum tonight. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD oil, topped with YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. Also applied Aquaphor to that angry patch of skin while it’s healing. 

Lip care: Aquaphor Ointment, topped with Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. 

This morning’s routine was my usual: Paula’s Choice Hydralight wash, e.l.f. toner, Farmacy vitamin C serum, Herbivore Emerald CBD oil, and YTTP Superfood Moisturizer, plus Glossier Bubblewrap and Aquaphor Ointment on my lips. No sunscreen because I planned to stay in all day. 

@WinglessOne I spotted that YTTP mist right away.  Glad to know you're enjoying it.  How's the mister on it?  

@missjeanie  The mister is surprisingly fine for such a watery lotiony product. Like, Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow mist fine. It truly feels like a light mist. 

I picked up the elf because of one of your posts and have used it once so far. It is incredibly moisturizing on my normal skin, and I thought to myself- don't need a moisturizer after this!  That's how nice it was. I have to figure out how to work it into my skincare routine. 

@WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  I’m glad you liked the e.l.f. essence! The ingredients list contains so many hydrators and moisturizers, skin can’t help but feel moisturized. 🙂 

3,074 Replies
testing