Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@jen81 @Nice lineup!!   What’s that Vichy product?  I love everything I’ve tried from Vichy!   

@heartsmyface It’s the mineral 89 serum, which is a moisturizing serum. 

It’s face peel night. Normally I use the OH LemonStrip  Flash peel but I just got this sample of the Herbivore Prism Glow facial so am going with that.   It has an almost rosy scent.  Doesn’t burn on.  I only left it on for six minutes because people’s reviews stated it’s harsh.  I didn’t find it harsh at all so I added the FAB resurfacing liquid afterward to ‘finish the job’.  No side effects so next time I’ll do the full ten minutes.  I forgot to include the Glow recipe avocado eye cream but that got used as well:).

196DF02A-6898-4B33-B9AF-3A83D55493C5.jpeg

Last night’s routine: 

PM routine, Jan 24: second test of Algenist gratis from Sephora.PM routine, Jan 24: second test of Algenist gratis from Sephora.

Details: 

Spoiler
Makeup removal: Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover + a reusable bamboo cotton round. 

Wash: Paula’s Choice Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser, because now I’m trying to finish this travel size. 

Tone/hydrate: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol eye serum on my whole face as an antioxidant serum, followed by Algenist Genius Collagen Calming Relief (gratis from Sephora). The thickness of Calming Relief takes some getting used to, for me anyway. It’s kinda like applying a L’Occitaine shea butter hand cream on my face. I let it soak in for 2-3 minutes, then sprayed the YTTP Adaptogen mist over it. 

Moisturizer: a very thin layer of my beloved YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

Lip care: Aquaphor Ointment, topped with Laneige. 

I haven’t been posting my AM routine because it doesn’t vary much: occasional lip scrub, wash with Paula’s Choice Hydralight, tone/hydrate with e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence, apply Farmacy Very Cherry Bright as vitamin C + hyaluronic acid serum, BHA spot treat if needed, moisturize with Herbivore Emerald CBD oil + YTTP Superfood Moisturizer, treat lips with Glossier Bubblewrap + Aquaphor (+ Supergoop Acai Fusion lip balm, if I remember), protect entire eye area with Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen, and apply Supergoop or a different sunscreen to the rest of my face. 

Tonight’s skincare

C3BB4FB6-7CC4-4A19-AAC0-D4A4956743A2.jpeg

I quite like the Green Clean, @faeriegirl . I haven't tried any of those Drunk Elephant though!  

Today's morning routine

IMG_20200125_145027298.jpg

No sunscreen since I'm not actually leaving the house until after dark lol

Mad Hippie cleanser

TCFS Mastic toner

Mad Hippie Hydrating Mist

Niacinamide serum

Tonymoly sheet mask + Rodial eye gels

Origins eye cream

I felt moisturized enough that I skipped my moisturizer + oil combo, and just went straight for Primerizer + Becca Glow Serum

ooh, I was going to get that olive mask when I came across it on clearance, but then it sold out. 😞  been interested in the mastic line too...

@RGbrown   Night owl eh?  I’m super interested in that becca glow elixir.  Is it pearlescent like the farsali unicorn drops or the shiseido tysua skin? 

@heartsmyface 

Night owl, or hermit vampire, either one works 😂

I haven't used either of those, so I can't compare directly, but it's not really shimmery at all. It looks like it would be, but once smoothed out, it just gives a bit of sheen, no real shimmer. Being oily, I could probably skip it altogether since my natural sheen kicks in pretty quickly, but I got it in a gwp and I've enjoyed using it (it smells good, if nothing else lol...cucumber scented).

Hi @RGbrown,

I used that mask this week too! So hydrating. Thanks for sharing! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT 

It's a nice one! Thanks! 

Last night's skincare:20200125_031952.jpg

@l8totheparty Nice choice in products!

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT 😊

Skin- normal to dry

weather- rainy yet dry

I got through the sample of the Sunday Riley ceo and have moved on to the ole Hendrickson c rush cream.  It smells so good.  I’m trying not to buy the full sized until I use up some of my other C serums but no promises.  
Since the C Rush is heavier than I normally use for vitmain c serum I used a lighter moisturizer today.  

CE68E9D5-5577-4858-A018-89C1D6AA0443.jpeg

That olehenriksen packaging is too cute @heartsmyface 

Haven’t done tonight’s routine yet, but here’s last night’s. It was a retinol night. I tested 1 new product and retried 2 products I’ve used before. 

PM routine, Jan. 23: retinol night + the return of Raw Sauce + testing Algenist gratis from Sephora.PM routine, Jan. 23: retinol night + the return of Raw Sauce + testing Algenist gratis from Sephora.

Details: 

Spoiler

@lmaster  Hmm, I think I have a sample of that, too. I’ve never used it. Now I need to dig through my samples to find it. 🙂 I haven’t used many Algenist products because of all the fragrance. Is the Sleeping Collagen fragranced? 

@WinglessOne I didn't personally notice much of a fragrance, however, I also didn't really care for this product, it seemed like it had that silicone greasy feel

3,074 Replies
testing