Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

AM Is : Wash my face with Clarisonic, Khiels 1982 sensitive skin wash, then inkey list hylaronic acid, dr jarts v7 primer, then makeup time!

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

The last couple of days have been pretty hot. My skin is normal with a couple of blemishes.

16FD79C7-8809-4038-8951-CAB48C458BB1.jpeg

83BE1613-DE49-40C4-8763-8D55AC578408.jpeg

Spoiler
Starting an old school journal thanks to a very fun Glow Recipe reward! Trying some new and also finding ways to use up products that just aren’t the right match for my skin. 

The LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL is an easy love; it’s richer than my Pixi Milk Tonic (which I purchased two backups of after trying). If I ever finish those, I would buy this!

The untaggable Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm makes me very happy that I took the chance and went out on a limb to buy a FS product without sampling it first. It has the lightest, true papaya scent, an if-it-were-served-warm sorbet texture, and works effortlessly to cleanse and wash off easily. I haven’t used it on my eyes, and I won’t, even though it is supposedly safe. I’m a contact wearer and I loathe glasses
time (the constant smudges), so Bioderma will continue as my go-to for that area of my face. I could definitely see myself repurchasing this after I run out, which shouldn’t be anytime soon based on my current cleanser situation. Very pleased and happy that this is now in my routine.

Speaking of cleansers. The Herbivore Pink Cloud Rosewater + Tremella Creamy Jelly Cleanser has hands down, the best packaging. Tall, heavy glass bottle with a pump dispenser. I’ve already been considering the products I will replace this with when empty, The product-scent is reminiscent of opening a bottle of Flinstone’s vitamins (the chewable, not the fun gummies we have now). It’s a good scent, and dissipates quickly into a light plasticky aroma. It is very gentle, doesn’t leave my skin hurting and removes everything satisfactorily. I haven’t double-cleansed with either of these, and my skin seems to be responding well. Another potential repurchase👍🏼

@eshoeI'm always terrified of the heavy glass jars on my cleansers since I drop stuff in my shower all the time! but I want to try the Herbivore cleanser so badly regardless.  

I’ve lost a few perfume bottles, @meou. it’s always the large ones, too😢 I try to only buy baby roller balls now!

I am loving the GR cleansing balm too @eshoe! It is so good🧡

It’s so pleasant, and the scent so subtle, @faeriegirl - happy you are enjoying yours, too!

@eshoe I love your glow diary! Is this strictly a skincare journal? Very cool!

@sprocketta @Yep, just for skincare and I LOVE it. There are a few pages of tips, and them you have monthly calendars as well as blank pages for the daily/weekly. It was part of the recent rewards, I am sooooo happy I snagged it. I didn’t have a baseball cap, so that has already come in handy. Did you get this too, @SportyGirly125?

FDD1BDE3-0766-4EDC-9C17-4E931C1195DE.jpeg

@eshoe I didn’t get that reward because I bought the journal and hoodie in May 

Oh you were ahead of the game, @SportyGirly125! Love the little stickers, too 🙂 Hope you are finding time to enjoy the journal, I would really like to stick with it for a year.

@eshoe @The new Rewards have been really good. I wish I knew about it back then. 

@eshoe This is adorable!

@tjffc thank you so much, I am very pleased with it ☺️

@sprocketta @I have it. It’s a cute skincare journal. You can log things you tried or are allergic to, etc. 

@SportyGirly125 That sounds super cool

Ooh, I've been interested in both the Herbivore cleanser and GR cleansing balm. It's nice to hear they're both good and gentle, @eshoe!! 

Yep, both are gentle @haleyvvvv! I find myself reaching for the Herbivore more frequently only bc the dispenser is soooooo quick and easy. But both products are 👍🏼

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

MORNING: **I usually rotate cleansers. Currently using Cerave hydrating facial cleanser and Drunk Elephant Jelly Cleanser. Tend to prefer gentle, fragrance free cleansers. **Caudalie Vinosource SOS serum (or on and off Drunk Elephant vitamin C serum) **Cerave daily moisturizing lotion - tried all sorts of more expensive lotions from Sephora over theyears and honestly I keep going back to the Cerave. It’s fragrance free, moisturizes well, sinks in quickly, non greasy and dermatologist recommended. **La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultralight Fluid SPF 60 EVENING: Cleanser as above. Or if wearing makeup, eye makeup remover (current using up the Nars, but actually prefer the Sephora brand) and Clinique Take the Day Off. Will use my foreo at nighttime unless I can’t be bothered. **The Ordinary glycolic acid toner only once in a blue moon. **Frequently will use the caudalie serum and cerave lotion at nighttime as well, unless my skin feels very dry, which only tends to be an issuein the winter. **If skin is feeling very dry, then La Mer the concentrate as a serum. Then mix a couple drops of La Mer renewal oil into Creme de La Mer moisturizer. **Estee Lauder advanced night repair eye cream **Tretinoin 0.05% (prescription—ostensibly for acne, but more so for anti-aging)

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

@jhe9488 Great skin care products including your tretnioin.  I love La Mer!

I found through the last month with my move (not to mention the whole working from home thing), I found myself getting so lazy with the skincare! However,  I really do notice that my skin reacts well to a good skincare routine. The other night's skincare:

20200721_014809.jpg

 I wish I could get my hands on more very cherry clean- it smells divine! And the CLINIQUE Mini Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Is soooo nicely hydrating on my skin when I'm being neglectful. 

Tower 28 Beauty SOS Save.Our.Skin Daily Rescue Facial Spray Mini 1 oz/ 30 mL  will I buy it again?  Meh, I'm undecided.

2,712 Replies