Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

That's a very pure ingredient list, @2manyperfumes 😊 Glad you like it.

Thanks @l8totheparty ❤️ Of course I wasn’t sure whether I was allergic to bee pollen until after I tried it, then I read the ingredients.  I’ve used royal jelly for my dogs.  Helps the skin from scaling on elbows and for irritation.  Lol. Same with bag balm (so good on hands and antiseptic) for bug bites etc.,  I figured it would be a handy winter cream.  

Last night was an AHA night and I wanted to test a new-to-me sample. 

PM routine, Feb. 3: AHA night and Lord Jones Royal Oil trial. Forgot to include lip care and makeup remover in photo.PM routine, Feb. 3: AHA night and Lord Jones Royal Oil trial. Forgot to include lip care and makeup remover in photo.

Details and a mini review: 

Spoiler

I went to bed a few minutes after this routine. My face was so relaxed—no muscle tension at all—that I actually felt kinda sleepy. I had no trouble falling asleep last night. Woke up about 6 hours after I went to bed (my internal sleep clock is set to 4-6 hours) and don’t recall waking up during that time; I need to check my Fitbit sleep history to see how often I woke up. Herbivore Emerald CBD doesn’t put me into sleep mode like this. If Lord Jones Royal Oil consistently helps me sleep (I’ll test it a few more times to find out), I’ll investigate other potent CBD oils; eh, I still think Lord Jones is overpriced. 

Was wondering if CBD products cause a mild relaxation @WinglessOne. i will be interested to hear if t  ugh is continues to help alleviate some of your sleeping troubles.

@eshoe  It depends on the type and amount of CBD the product contains. If medical and/or recreational marijuana is legal in your state, you can probably get CBD (non-THC) products that are more potent than anything Sephora or Ulta sells. 😉 

I didn’t use the Lord Jones oil again last night because during yesterday morning’s skincare routine, I noticed my forehead was a bit red and looked like bumps—almost hives, but not quite—were trying to form beneath the surface. I wasn’t sure if that reaction was due to the LJ oil or the new-to-me shampoo/conditioner I used that morning. So now I’m going to patch test the LJ oil for a few days, to see if I’m sensitive to grape seed oil. 😞 It’s also in e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil which has never caused me problems, so... huh. I suspect the culprit is either the shampoo or conditioner, but we’ll see. 

Hmmm well isn't fun to pinpoint what is the underlying causes of skin irritation @WinglessOne 🤷🏻‍♀️ Grape seed oil, especially if it’s already in another product you use-maybe the way it’s refined affects how your skin reacts to it?

I ordered some of that e.l.f. mist, should be here this weekend. Looking forward to trying it!

I was going say, it's very unlikely that any CBD is going to act on the brain/nervous system if applied to the skin. Again, topical is VERY understudied even compared to other routes of admin. Not to the process of applying it isn't going to be relaxing, but yeah, a dispensary is going to have more potent products.

I’m very interested in the CBD oil @WinglessOne 😍, the Milani goddess mask relaxes my face with the sativa and CBD.  Probably not as much as an oil.  I have a very hard time falling asleep.  I’m nocturnal so it’s a challenge.

@2manyperfumes  I hear you on the nocturnal life. I’ve been an insomniac all my life, way back to my very young childhood days of reading books in bed in my dark bedroom, under the covers, using a flashlight so my parents would think I was sleeping. 😄 These days it’s usually anxiety that keeps me awake in bed. 

I’m not sure a CBD oil is automatically stronger than a CBD mask. But I do know the Milana Green Goddess mask doesn’t contain any CBD. It does contain cannabis sativa seed oil, but CBD is a component of sativa and indica cannabis plants—just like THC, the component that gets folks high—that’s excluded from various cannabis products. For instance, Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL contains hemp seed oil but no CBD, so it won’t provide the kind of relaxation or anti-inflammation benefits you’ll get from Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL, which does contain CBD. 

CBD is definitely worth researching. 🙂 

Thank you @WinglessOne 😘 you are my go to for knowledge.  👍. You are right.  I also have a hemp seed oil overnight mask too.  No THC.  My local health food and beauty shop carries a cbd oil without THC.  I’ve got to look into the herbivore too.  I get anxiety too, daily.    I put on my headphones and listen to makeup tutorials till I finally start to doze off.  Lol I use to read through the night.  Now I catch up on YouTube videos, Netflix.  I like the quietness of night.  Well minus my snoring dog, the other sleeps downstairs and then buzz saw husband.  Both of them - I dream of having my own room.  

@2manyperfumes  Ugh, sorry you deal with anxiety. I was diagnosed with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) years ago, and have tried a few Rx meds to treat it. Unfortunately I’ve had bad reactions to a couple meds and experienced the negative side effects of some others. I really need to get a rescue med prescribed, though. Anxiety/panic attacks are no fun. Now that recreational weed is legal in Illinois (medical’s been legal for a while), that’s an easier-to-obtain option for me. Well, it would be if I could handle the nauseating smell. 😄 

But anyway, a potent CBD product can help ease anxiety—whether it’s “normal” anxiety (everyone gets anxious at some point in their life) or a true anxiety disorder. There’s more to it, like which type of cannabis plant the CBD’s from (indica vs. sativa). That’s why I always tell folks to research the CBD topic themselves, which helps them make smart purchasing decisions. I mean sure, you could blow $100 USD on Lord Jones Royal Oil, but there could be a better option more worthy of that price tag. Or there could be a less expensive option that’ll do what you need it to do. As with most things, it pays to research first. 

No it’s not fun @WinglessOne 😳, mine are external sourced but not easily changed, fixed etc.  I’m high functioning and a master of compartmentalization.  Part of my self care is the time I take to just do makeup and be creative.  If anything it has given me the opportunity to be supportive to others and it’s very prevalent in the makeup community.  Being a collector, enthusiast, addicted to all the pretty and fun stuff is mostly an outlet.  We are definitely not alone in our struggles.  Hey if your day just became a little brighter because you treated yourself to a new lipstick by PMG ❤️ Then the lipstick is more than just cosmetic.  Wasn’t it an Elizabeth Taylor quote to “put some lipstick on and pull yourself together” - I get how putting on makeup helps put myself together mentally.  

Last night: skin is normal, battling a couple breakouts.  20200203_225435.jpg

The COSRX is like magic. Magic I tell you! Where have they been my whole life?? ❤

@l8totheparty What's that clarins product?

It is the Clarins Extra Firming Yeux (eyes) cream. It is nice, but not as thick and rich as the 

SHISEIDO - Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream.

I got a sample of the Clarins from SDM and bought it after trying. I find it to also be a good daytime cream because it isn't heavy on my skin.  @haleyvvvv 

The honeymoon glow and lip mask caught my eye @l8totheparty 👍❤️

@l8totheparty, the CosRX pimple patches are classics! Glad to hear they worked their magic for you! 😃

Morning: normal skin; battling breakouts. 

I'm liking this waterfall Glacier water cream more and more. SK-II in spray bottleSK-II in spray bottle

This Morning's Routine. I love love this Coola Sunblock - it's perfect for everyday wear - especially since i'm spending a lot more time at work in front of blue light than actually outside. 

IMG_0180.jpg

@Kim888  I also love COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL, especially in cold weather: it gives me a dewy glow in the dead of winter. 😄 A friend of mine has HEV light sensitivity and he swears by this sunscreen. He uses it as his daily moisturizer since it’s oil based. 

@WinglessOne @Kim888 that coola product looks so nice! Curse Canada's sunscreen laws *shakes fist

3,074 Replies
testing