Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Tonight’s lineup. It’s been cold this week and snowed today. My skin has been drier than usual and a bit flaky so I’m skipping retinol night and just going for hydration. I had forgotten about having a mini Lord Jones Royal oil until I saw @WinglessOne post earlier. 01E54DE8-6BA6-4AEA-9394-3ACA87A0AD65.jpeg

How is the volition brightening polish, @faeriegirl? I love turmeric (anti-inflammatory plus delicious smelling!). I tried the Kora Organics one and it was a little scratchy for me. Have you tried both?

@haleyvvvv  I haven't tried the Kora organics but I love the Volition. It is very fine and doesn't feel scratchy.

I have one in my collection, so I will definitely have to try! Thanks!

@faeriegirl  Oh, you have that Lord Jones DS too! Is yours stinky? Just curious, because I expected mine to be (after smelling a full size bottle) but it’s not at all. What’d you think of that oil? 

The more I see that snail serum in everyone’s photos, the closer I get to convincing myself to try it. I just need to clear the mental “snail slime” hurdle. 😄 I’m slowly getting there! 

@WinglessOne  Mine doesn’t stink either. You are right a little goes a long way and my face definitely feels relaxed. I wish it wasn’t so expensive, the mini will have to really impress me before I’ll pay $100 for a full size.  I like the Herbivore Emerald but the smell gets to me. It took me a long time to try anything with snail. I kept seeing people trying masks with it on the masking thread, so I finally tried one and my skin loved it. The CosRx does feel thick but I don’t think it feels slimy. 

Skincare Routine of the Day

Your daytime routine should be completely different from your night time ritual. your skin needs extra love at night to clear out your inflamed pores and a touch up in the morning!!

@warrior1016  Eh, not necessarily. You can clear your pores in the morning instead of at night. Your AM routine could be more involved than your PM routine, depending on the kinds of ingredients your skin needs and the environment you’re in. My dermatologist once suggested I do more in the AM to ready my skin to face the day’s environmental stressors, and less at night to simply wash away makeup/dirt/bacterial and boost moisturization. Since I prefer my AM routine to be as fast and efficient as possible (otherwise I won’t do it), I keep that lighter than my PM routine. 🙂 But anyway, it all depends on your particular skin’s needs and sensitivities, and your environment. 

interesting. When I talk to clients at Sephora I tell the...

interesting. When I talk to clients at Sephora I tell them the best time to get that mess out is at night because through out the day your Pores pick up so much stuff that they are full. So you mean to tell me you go to bed with a half cleaned face and then get up in the morning to tackle them. EEK!!

Re: interesting. When I talk to clients at Sephora I tell the...

@warrior1016  What do you mean by “half cleaned face”? Do you assume a cleanser is one half of cleansing, and exfoliation (to clear pores) is the second half of cleansing? 

Not everyone can exfoliate 7 nights a week, or even 5 nights a week. Or 7 or 5 days a week, for that matter. Over-exfoliation can wreck the skin barrier. I exfoliate 1-3 nights a week, mostly AHA, sometimes AHA + BHA, sometimes only BHA. Once every 1 or 2 months, I break out my Foreo for physical exfoliation. I used to do chemical exfoliation 5 times a week but my derm convinced me to dial that back since I also use an OTC retinol serum every other night. 

I try to keep it to 3x a week or less myself @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  That’s a good safe frequency. 🙂 Cutting exfoliation back from 5 times a week to 1-3 was hard for me because I love AHA exfoliation. Even when I wasn’t using retinol, 5x/week was probably too frequent for my particular skin. But dialing back helped me ramp up my retinol usage without irritation, to the point where I can now layer the FAB 10% AHA and The Inkey List Retinol on the same night with no problems. (I’ve been able to layer retinol and BHA from the get-go.) 

While I’m at it: I know I said I exfoliate 1-3 nights a week, but I do occasionally exfoliate in the morning instead. If I missed an AHA night, I’ll do AHA the next morning and grumble about the extra morning step. If I’m attacking acne, I’ll spot treat with the Paula’s Choice BHA exfoliation gel in the morning and save whole-face BHA exfoliation for nighttime. Sometimes the AM spot treatment involves coating a section (instead of just a pimple) with BHA gel. 

All this talk of exfoliation makes me realize I haven’t used my Foreo since November. 😮 I see a brief sonic massage in my face’s near future. 

This morning was pretty lazy, this is from the past few days. Pretty chilly and dry air, skin seems normal, leaning toward dry.

Sunday morningSunday morning

Sunday night, slowly easing Bakuchiol back into my routineSunday night, slowly easing Bakuchiol back into my routine

Monday night, almost finished with the Jayjun eye gels.Monday night, almost finished with the Jayjun eye gels.

Tuesday night, couldn’t wait to try out the TJ’s mist and eye cream.Tuesday night, couldn’t wait to try out the TJ’s mist and eye cream.

Is that the new REN cleanser, @eshoe? How is it?

It is @haleyvvvv - and it is sooooo good! My skin is normal/dry and it is like a gel/jelly, thicker consistency at first and has a very faint, soft scent.  It rinses beautifully. I will be buying a FS, I fell in love the first time I tried it!

Ooooh, I definitely need to try. The texture looked so good!

I forgot I had this but I keep it on hand when I have some serious winter wind burns and dry patches.  A tiny bit of the wax (turns to an emollient) on contact with skin and my face and hands need it.  I use it more in the winter at night since it is an oil.  The royal jelly and propolis is great but this is a heavy duty did I put Vaseline all over my face lol.  It’s very soothing but too much will clog my pores.  I heard about it and one day saw it and decided to try it.  It’s good for helping your skin heal, scars, scratches and irritation.  It wasn’t cheap, I think $45/$50 but it lasts a long time.  Very concentrated. 

Gimmicky packaging but it’s pretty good.  Body, faceGimmicky packaging but it’s pretty good. Body, face

Ah so glad to see someone talking about this @2manyperfumes. I’ve read/heard it’s ‘amazing’ but nothing has really pushed me to try it. Sounds interesting. I see tiny jars of it at TJ Maxx every once in awhile, I wonder how it would be as a foot treatment at night🤔

It’s great on cuticles too @eshoe ❤️, my chin is the only part of me that doesn’t like too much of this stuff lol but for harsh winter care it’s a good staple.

@2manyperfumes   I like products that have magic in the name!  It makes me wanna try them!   The ingredient list sounds amazing too!  

Lol @heartsmyface 🥰 I’ll try to take a photo of the product itself because it’s like hardened beeswax that melts the moment it’s on skin.  I use it sparingly on my face or I break out because it’s very rich.  It’s amazing on my hands, feet, elbows.  

3,074 Replies
testing