Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@haleyvvvv, I like ThirstyMud best as an overnight mask and it works well as a mask on a flight. I’ve tried it a handful of times as a moisturizer and it’s not bad. If you get a chance, give it a try. Would love to hear how it works out for you.

I've only ever used it as a wash off mask, and while it smelled so good, the results for hydration weren't the strongest. I looked at the product page and it recommends using it both as an overnight mask and for flights. I'm just so surprised at the moisturizer one. It absorbed well, @itsfi? I'm intrigued. I have another vial to use so i'll play around with it when I start to use it.

@haleyvvvv, it did absorb well. I frankly was surprised the first time I used it as such. It was also rather happenstance. I had packed my skincare up except for products I used the night before so I just gave it a try and it worked out quite nicely (though probably not during Canadian winters). I don’t tend to use it as a moisturizer all that often, more so as an overnight mask because my experience with it as a wash off was really just “meh”.

Last night. Skin a little dry, weather uncomfortably hot. Summer is early this year.BE4A33D2-EC60-44FB-8701-745985D57191.jpeg

Spoiler

I've been using the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml trial size every now and then @eshoe . I find it.....ok for moisturizing.  Nice that it doesn't leave my skin greasy, but not as deep or rich as some others that I have tried as overnight masks.  But it is so nice and I am happy I have a little jar to try. 

Because the super greens seem tacky it would not be up my alley!

Yeah, unfortunately I am little disappointed with the Super Greens, @l8totheparty. I will use it, but it's not going to be a stand-in for my Kale Cream!

At least you were able to try a sample of the YTTP, instead of getting stuck with an entire jar - even though I love mine, I don't use it nearly as often as I should. It is pretty similar to Origins Mini Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 3..., also.

Love the Innisfree lip balms @eshoe. <333 Moisturizing and gives some color to the lips. 

@itsfi @I agree, I think the Earl Grey would be nice to try. This will be a new companion in my lip stash:)

How do you apply The Ordinary product? Do you mix it with any other product before applying it to your face?

@Kav01, for me, it depends on the particular product and also my mood (i.e., if I'm lazy). As an example, The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL is one of my must haves from the brand. It keeps my skin hydrated and moisturized. There are a couple of ways that I have applied this oil - (1) mixing a 2-3 drops into my moisturizer; (2) before moisturizer; or (3) after my moisturizer.

On the flip side, with The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Hyperpigmentation Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL , I use it as a spot treatment on my sun spots or PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) but I don't mix it with another product. Similarly, when I use THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, I apply it separately before my moisturizer. Another hydrating product from the brand, The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics 1 oz/ 30 mL has such a thin, watery consistency that I sometimes (but not always) mix in a drop or two with my moisturizer.

Were there particular products from The Ordinary you were wondering about?

Very Cherry Clean has restocked on Farmacy direct for anyone that is interested. For an additional 20% off use code Loyalty 20. Code only works for Farmacy Rewards Members. I am not sure what the minimum purchase is for free shipping. I ordered two of the Cherry Balms and the shipping charge was not there. Hoping for a Cherry Set perhaps for Christmas.

@Loretta55 thanks for the heads up. I've wanted to try Green Clean for a while, especially the cherry. This was a great catch and I had to jump on it.

Happy to hear that you are also interested in trying it @sprocketta

I am STOKED @Loretta55 

It’s sample diving week in the masking thread so I extended that to skincare as well.  I managed to create a good skincare lineup for the evening.  I’ll be keeping the Laneige sleeping pack next to me while I sleep in case I get dry cause it never seems to last me the night.

The drunk elephant makeup melting cleanser is a bit greasy.  I’ll use up the sample as it works but won’t seek it out again.  
The Jill Stuart hot gel double cleansing warms on your face and lightly foams as you rub the gel in.  It has the signature jill Stuart tuberose scent.  
The boscia exfoliating peeling gel is a gommage peel.  It balls up and gently exfoliates.  It wiped off easily. 
oh gotta go crying little one;) 

EE469A5F-62A9-4275-B0C6-933184A5294D.jpeg

Oh, the Jill Stuart cleanser sounds wonderful @heartsmyface. Does the 'hot' in the name mean that it warms up as it foams? 

How are the Kose eye zone masks?

Skincare Routine of the Day

Hey girls and guys! I am new to skincare and makeup. I have combination skin (normal/dry cheeks and chin but oily T-zone including a super oily nose). I have seldom blemishes that appear anywhere. Right now I am only using YTTP Superfood Cleanser and TATCHA The Water Cream. During the sale I ordered a mini FRESH Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner (as a 2x daily toner), INNISFREE Green Barley Refining Exfoliating Mask, ORIGINS GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream (morning), SUPERGOOP Unseen Sunscreen (as a morning last step/primer), PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask, and SEPHORA Watermelon Mask Stick (for if/when my face gets sunburnt because I sunburn easily). Any advice would be helpful!

@amannable, you picked up some great skincare products during the sale!! 🙂 I spy some favorites of mine on your list. I echo @haleyvvvv's recommendation to introduce new products slowly. I'm not familiar with the Innisfree mask and will be interested in hearing your thoughts on it after you've had a chance to give it a good try. The PTR pumpkin enzyme mask is one of my faves, but you should avoid using both in the same week until you're comfortable with how your skin responds / reacts to each and even then, you might want to use them on alternating weeks, depending on how much exfoliation your skin can handle.

Supergoop Unseen is a great SPF and works nicely as a primer. I'm not sure how well Unseen performs when applied throughout the day over makeup (hopefully someone on here can speak to that), but if you sunburn easily, you might want to look into either an SPF cushion or mist for reapplication throughout the day. Supergoop makes a mist that's nice - SUPERGOOP! - Defense Refresh (Re)setting Mist SPF 40 as well as a powder - SUPERGOOP! - Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45. 

Some general advice, based on what you wrote, @amannable 

-Introduce products slowly, wait a week or two after using a product to see how it's working before starting another one.

-SPF constantly, reapply throughout the day, especially if you skin gets sunburned easily

-Eye cream and moisturize twice a day

-Make sure you're not over exfoliating. You've got two exfoliating type masks listed. If you're new to exfoliation start out once a week (pick one mask) at 1/4 to 1/2 recommended time and see how your skin feel. Don't use more than recommended. 

-Talk to your derm about new items your incorporating even digitally if you can

-Make sure to share your routine and thoughts here in the BIC

Good luck!

FDF8E443-4A4D-4021-B5BD-C6DA793290BA.jpeg

@heartsmyface is that the new Farmacy moisturizer? Just wondering what you think of it. I have no business buying one now, but I'm curious.

3,074 Replies
testing