Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@eshoe  Thanks!! Nourishing is good!!

@eshoe I have been so curious about that Alpyn Beauty sleeping mask! I never know if things will be too heavy for my combo-oily skin. Is it lightweight? 

It’s pretty lightweight, @lnum. I have normal/dry skin and find it works for me, but definitely is not heavy. It has an almost grainy appearance that fades, compared to the moisturizer. You can see that in there bottom photo best. I would highly suggest sampling it first, the scent is strong on this one. It lingers, too, so lavender needs to be something you can tolerate/enjoy! D311C78B-4DF1-4128-974C-119949782604.jpeg

7DEE3C45-8D33-45FD-958A-BB0FCAFBE9D3.jpeg

@eshoe Thank you for the comparison! I do love lavender and am using the Laneige Lavendar sleeping mask atm. I hope there will be sample packets available or a mini at some point because I’d love to try this out! I’ll keep my eye on their direct website too.  

I saw samples out but they were on the CA site @lnum, awhile ago, too. I will keep an eye out for you!

Ooo..I feel like my skin is fine with the snail essence but it loves other ingredients more. Still, that eye cream sounds tempting @eshoe

It’s a good one for me, @ShortErica - I like middle of the road texture for my under eye. Not too light, not too rich, and this one fits that just right.

The peptides, I feel like I need more of them in my life @eshoe. Thanks for the description.

You and me both, @ShortErica

I just did a declutter to make room for my new Sephora sale goodies, (and see what the heck I had stockpiled in all those Sephora boxes hiding in random corners of my apartment). I’m going to be rotating in a bunch of new skincare goodies (adding one every 10 days or my skin will flip out) so here’s tonight’s routine. For reference I’m combination oily, slightly sensitive skin, acne prone. My concerns are pretty minor atm, some dullness, acne scars and sun spots, dark circles very bad this month, and some anti-aging since I’m turning 30 this year! This is tonight’s routine:

D6156989-0BF7-4D31-A647-2E2FE1EB5E71.jpeg

Missha Blueberry Cleansing Foam - got this recently as a gratis and it smells nice, so why not! No expectations, just for funsies. 

Missha Essence - Been using this for years but this is the first time I’ve tried the new rx one. This is a must have in my routine for keeping skin balanced. 

The INKEY List Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Toner 3.4 oz/ 100 mL - I am pretty hesitant with acids on my face because this is where I get sensitive. This has been great and gentle so far every other day. 

Herbivore Bakuchiol Serum - I’m hoping this does what it claims as a gentle retinol alternative. 

LANEIGE - Lavender Water Sleeping Mask - this is THE sleeping mask that made love sleeping masks. I love the way it absorbs and keeps me hydrated and balanced. 

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask this one leaves my skin oh so plump and bright. 

INNISFREE - Orchid Youth-Enriched Eye Cream new to me, hoping it helps to plump up one line, help dark circles, and combat dryness. 

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original another winner, love this stuff! 

@lnum  I thought I was the only one with random Sephora boxes around my room. I did a declutter the other night and I think I found 8 in my closet 🙄

@ather Did you discover any products in them? I have basically emptied almost all the small boxes (the most recent sale ones will be emptied today!) and put everything in one large Sephora box. 😅

@lnum  All of them had something in it 🤦🏼‍♀️ I often throw them in my closet and forget about them until I need the product. I have a drawer set in my closet where I keep all my backups and I just get lazy and throw the whole box and don’t actually sort. I have 1 big box of DS and 2 boxes of regular samples. I need to start using them! 

@ather I can see we’re of like minds. I just did a declutter so now I have a DS drawer, a full size need to incorporate soon drawer, and a product backup/new products large box. It’s quite a nice problem to have, though! 😂

@lnum  I like to have samples because I use them when I go on vacation so if my luggage is lost I’m not loosing my full size product!! 

@ather Same here, I used to travel a lot for work and personal and used to bring tsa approved sizes so I wouldn’t have to check a bag, but since that’s going to change for me in the post-covid world I reorganized to dig into everything. 

Ohhh, that Herbivore Bakuchiol is an amazing product @lnum! I’m sad it’s no longer available. ☹️ I have a bottle left and I will be treasuring it. 💜 

I love, love, loooove 💗💕💗💕 seeing the Kbeauty products in your routine! How’s the scent on the Innisfree orchid eye cream? I’ve heard it’s pretty strong. Does it linger?

@itsfi If anything it brought bakuchiol to my attention so I’m certainly going to seek it out as an ingredient! 

I have had such good luck with k-beauty products, they very rarely break me out compared to a lot of US based brands. The smell on the orchid cream is strong, but I would say it only lingers for 30 minutes or so. Most of the time I don’t notice it if I’m wearing makeup over it, but alas working from home and no makeup. 

I've heard nothing but glowing reviews about the Missha Essence, @lnum. That needs to get on my to-try list!

Your entire routine looks fantastic. You're probably aware, but the Herbivore is discontinued - hopefully you don't fall too in love with it and have your heart broken like me 😄

@eshoe I was disappointed when I couldn’t find it for purchase anywhere because I knew I would like it. But that’s ok I’m planning to try out some Ordinary products soon and have Ole Henriksens truth products in line after that. So much stuff stockpiled I have to use it up! After I get through all that stuff I will look into other bakuchiol serums for sure, it looks like Ole Henriksen has one too! 

Yes, I definitely want to try the OH, @lnum! I’ve got a Biossance sample on the way, as well as another brand which I’m hoping works just as well!

3,074 Replies
testing