Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@itsfi  I remember having a DS of CEO and I quite enjoyed it. I think I used it in the summer. Not sure if it’s moisturizing enough for me in the winter. Need to try maybe. 

@ather, I like the consistency of the CEO serum in the warmer months - the cream texture is light enough that it's not so heavy on my skin but there's enough oomph to it that it works well with a lighter summer moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. I couldn't wear it on its own in the winter months but it would be great addition to my winter skincare layers. 😉 

@itsfi glad to see you're liking the Paula's Choice. Her acne products have helped me a lot. The 8% aha gel is also a favorite of mine.

@sprocketta, her skincare products that I've used so far have been nice. 🙂  I'll have to check which other products of hers I'll try next. 

@itsfi  Yay, I’m glad the Paula’s Choice BHA exfoliant’s working well for you! 

Me too @WinglessOne, me too!!! 🙂 The travel size has a lot of product so I don't foresee running out anytime soon, but I will be picking up a full size of this item. I plan to give the BHA9 product a try soon. 

I was just about to post a pic from this morning, I used the Banana Soufflé as well, @itsfi☺️

Haven’t opened the DDG yet, good to know so I can be a little prepared. Curious to see just how much of a white cast it gives. Some sunblocks seem to be a primer of sorts; I wonder if this will fall into that category 🤔

@eshoe, here you go. Sorry about the photo. It’s overcast today and hard to get the best lighting for pics. 
DDG.jpeg

The photo doesn’t pick it up too well, but there’s the slightest of a white cast after it’s been blended. If I blend even more it will disappear. It’s really not a lot, but again, that’s based on my complexion. 

Hmmmm @itsfi. The photo is helpful. It looks familiar, with the cast it sets. I’ve been trying to incorporate sunscreens that do this into primers, but I just purchased a lighter foundation and it isn’t working out so well, I’m starting to look like a 👻 ☺️ Thank you!

@eshoe, I use my SPF as a primer most of the time. This one has ceramides and hyaluronic acid in it as well so it's more hydrating, which my dehydrated skin likes, but on certain days my pores will demand a blurring primer on top of my sunscreen. 

Ok good to know @itsfi. as I’ve been working with spfs I’ve found some glowy primers can top it, but most often, the spf is all that’s needed. 

My skincare routine last night. I'm trying to get back into being thorough in my skincare.  I found the SOS did help with breakouts.  I will continue testing it for future breakouts. 20200527_220027.jpg

@l8totheparty  Aww darn. I used it and I liked it but i can’t remember it helping with breakouts either. 

Hmm....well, I will test the whole bottle! Lol might take a while but hopefully it will be worth it. @ather 

My evening routine for the past couple of weeks, and a new moisturizer I’ve been trying out for the past few days. 
PM routine (late spring)PM routine (late spring)

Skin Type: Dehydrated and combination - my T-zone is on the oily side (at least on the surface), oilier than usual for this time of the year.

Weather: Finicky - warmer, slightly breezy days followed by a few days of partly cloudy skies and scattered showers, and then sunshine again. It's springtime in the Bay Area and this back-and-forth isn't too uncommon, but it does mean that my skin gets confused so I try to make adjustments as needed. 

Skincare Products:

Spoiler

Extras (that I reach for occasionally😞5.2020 PM - extras.jpeg

Spoiler

@itsfi  What are your thoughts on the milk melatonin?  

I love it @ather! I don't think the melatonin in it will make for a sleeping aid, but the scent is light and lovely (unless you don't like or are sensitive to the scent of lavender) and the consistency of the balm is great - it's thick enough that it makes my lips feel like it is sealing in moisturizer but it's not so thick that it feels heavy or too emollient. I feel like it's a good blend of the Laneige lip sleeping mask but without the tackiness and the BITE Beauty lip mask (old formula) but not as thick. But for the fact that I'm planning on slowing down the purchases for June and July (I have some gifts I want to pick up and a few things I'd like to get if there's a good sale or stores open back up), I would repurchase. 

@itsfi  Ahh your not helping with my no buy June. I just put in an order this morning too. Darn I should have ordered it. I think I’m up to 11 orders in may now 😳 I’m glad your loving it. I will definitely try it once I get through all my balms I have on the go!!! Thanks! And I love lavender as long as it’s not super over powering. 

Oops @ather! I mean, oh no, it's not good. Just because I almost ordered a backup after a few uses doesn't mean it's great or anything. Nothing to love here... hahaha! 🙂

oops.gif

@itsfi So many of the OH products have almost like surprise AHAs in them. It is really frustrating. I think I'd actually purchase the serum as my low dose retinol/alt. Have you tried the biossance one yet? I'm hoping they reformulate the Herbivore one, since everyone loved it

@haleyvvvv, I agree with you; although it’s still early in my testing phase, both OH Bakuchiol products seem nice, but the inclusion of AHAs limits my usage. These should work well for anyone who prefers 2-in-1 type products. I’m usually game for simplified routines but have realized with these OH products that I generally prefer to keep my actives separate. 

ETA: I haven’t tried the Biossance yet. I‘ll give the OH at least a 3-4 week testing period. Have you used the Biossance retinol-alternative? 

3,074 Replies
testing