Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@sister13 your poor mom! I'm glad you could be there to help her recover. Enjoy your skincare!

Maskingdom Miracle Facial Wipes- these are sheets of face soap for sensitive skin.  You put one in your hands add water and foam it up on your face.  They don’t strip.  I haven’t tried using them on eye makeup so I don’t know how they work there but they're wonderful for removing face makeup. 87A3E25A-48F2-4734-AEAA-C146273D210D.jpeg

The Sugarcane +vitamin E lip sleeping mask is nice.  It’s thick smells lightly of lemon.  It’s a bit waxy but there are also hydrating properties.  It doesn’t seem to sit completely on my lips but it doesn’t all absorb either.  My lips feel both waxy and greasy.  

@heartsmyface Can I ask who makes that Sugarcane and Vitamin E lip mask?  It sounds delightful!  And how cool is that face soap!  Would be great for travel if you're tight on liquids space. 

@heartsmyface  Do you wash the lips mask off in the morning?

@ather   No, I don’t with any lip masks.  Are you supposed to?  Usually there’s so little trace of it that there doesn’t seem to be a point.  That would be so funny if I’ve been doing it wrong this whole time! 😅

@heartsmyface  I don’t unless there was a lot left on my lips. I thought because it was more wax like maybe it was a thing! 

@ather  This one in particular doesn’t last the night for me.  The Laneige and Milk ones do.  I think I will use this one as a morning lip prep.  

Lovely! @heartsmyface 💗💗💗

@heartsmyface  what a beautiful display. You had me at Banana and Avocado 🙂

Oooouh!!! Thank you @heartsmyface! I received samples of those Maskingdom soap sheets and was wondering about them and just kept forgetting to do some research on it. Happy to hear that they are non-stripping! Are they scented?

I saw that Sweet Chef lip mask when I was cleaning up / clearing out some things this weekend; I had forgotten I had it until then. Oops. I like the sound of it smelling slightly of lemons but I'm not so sure about the waxy and greasy feel it leaves Hmmm.... 

@itsfi   They’ve got a very light floral scent. I love that they’re a great option for travelling and keeping liquids and weight down on the plane7AB1A344-9646-43FF-A63C-67254DA79F88.jpeg

C10E4A4F-50B6-41A0-9E8F-495E2797104F.jpeg

D31BBA04-9889-4215-8E01-F5D764E65E8F.jpeg

I’m not so sure about the feel of the Sweet Chef either.  I saw it on the Glow Recipe website so thought it HAD to be good.  It seemed to be working but my lips didn’t feel all too moisturized this morning.  Maybe cause I slept with the air conditioner on high?  

Wow @heartsmyface! The Maskingdom soap papers are larger than I thought - I’m not sure why I would think they would look different  given the size and shape  of the container but I did. 🤷🏻‍♀️ The scent sounds nice and yes!!! Their travel friendliness looks and sounds fantastic! I’m always on board for ways to lighten my liquids bag ... primarily because I then have more room to take other liquid beauty products with me. hahaha! 😂 

The A/C could definitely have affected how moisturizing the Glow Recipe balm would be overnight. Hmmm... I’ll try to remember to give mine a try soon; no air conditioning here so that variable won’t come into play. 

It appears GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream is a favorite today, just did a little skincare and it had been awhile since I used it-forgot how much I enjoy it! 

E5F49A45-48CC-42B7-93C3-CB0F8BD191C6.jpeg

I noticed my skin felt a bit like it was burning after this; I’m guessing the Kiehl's Since 1851 Clearly Corrective™ Brightening & Exfoliating Daily Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL/Pixi combo was a bit too much. It’s all quieter down now, though. Oops! Sunscreen is Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42 1 oz/ 30 mL which is really lovely. Very thin and absorbs almost immediately. 

Any strong feelings on the Peach & Lilly Glass Skin Serum @eshoe ?  I've looked at it a few times and just never really had any feel for the product to push me to grab it. 

Not strong, although as I’ve been working to finish it, I’ve developed fonder feelings than in the beginning @missjeanie 😉

I'm finally busting into my GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream @eshoe. Hopefully it is great for summer!

Just now, @ShortErica ?!?! You have some serious willpower😂

Well with moving in March and not being into a place of my own for a while I've tried to limit the amount of products open @eshoe. And despite still not fully moving, I've decided it's time to open it anyway.

Yikes to the skin-burning combo, @eshoe ! Sometimes we forget just how well 1 item works and try to pair it with another equally effective exfoliating skincare product- I've done it  before! Lol 

And every time, @l8totheparty, I can’t help but think....’and I know better!’

3,074 Replies
testing