Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@CatheRH  Loving this pretty pink lineup!

@CatheRH Beautiful routine! I've been thinking about trying those Glow Recipe products. Such a cute pic! Have a great day 🙂

Oh gosh, @CatheRH, this line up is gorgeous!! Love the plum plump serum!!

Are you using a night moisturizer or mask? Or is this enough? My dry skin would need a lot more.

Love this routine! The dew drops have been one of my favorite products lately 😍 How are you liking the Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL and Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL? Those are on my loves list. I am thinking of trying those next.

@CatheRH Thank you so much for sharing your insight and experience with these products! I am happy to hear that you love them. It is great to know that mixing Glow Recipe products increase their effectiveness, especially since I incorporated the dew drops into my routine. I will check them out! 😊

@CatheRH   This is so pink and pretty to look at!  I love everything here but haven’t tried the Josie Maran pink algae serum.  How are you liking it?  

My skincare lineup the past few nights.  During the day the Sunday Riley A+ Is switched out with Sunday Riley C.E.O. and I add FIrst Aid Beauty Niacinamide brightening cream.  
I have been avoiding exfoliating skincare since my face feels raw around the nostrils and have been sticking with more gentle products.   Oil has been one of the more important steps lately to keep my skin barrier as safe as possible with all the mask friction.  And I’ve been carrying around a little bottle of hyaluronic acid to reapply throughout the day as needed. 

9CED3266-399D-4F34-AF1A-1F53A562A14B.jpeg

@CatheRH  sorry for thé delay.  I enjoy it.  It’s never caused peeling soft me though i’ve built up a tolerance for retinoids so if you’re new to them I’d suggest starting with something less potent.  Other than that it goes on light and smoothly and absorbs well.  No distinguishable scent.   🙂

@heartsmyface My skin can feel raw around the nostrils even in the summer.  For months now, I've been slathering on Vaseline but I can't help but wonder if Aquaphor ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment would be better since they have more goodies in them for skin.  Thoughts?

@greeneyedgirl107  For right around the nostrils if it gets super raw from constant moisture I don’t mess around and use polysporin gel.   it’s hydrating, antibacterial and promotes healing and prevents infection better than anything else IMO.  I have it in my head that all the mouth and nose breathing is soaking my face in bacteria and that any open wound is going to get infected.  I may have become a full on germaphobe.  
For the rest of my face I try to keep the moisture light hence the hyaluronic acid touch ups throughout the day.  That cerave healing ointment looks tempting though.  If it’s not too too heavy it may be useful in reducing mask friction.    
I cannot stand the texture of pure Vaseline but I do enjoy one of their aloe body lotions- that’s off topic though.  

@heartsmyface I've used polysporin and you're right - it IS good!  When I was able to wear scrubs to work, I would keep some in my pocket for when I got super duper dry.  

Same, same, @heartsmyface!! I completely have been avoiding exfoliators since I realized that the CEO serum has glycolic acid, and had been exfoliating at least daily if not more than once 🤦‍♀️, which was too much for me. 

This is a lovely hydrating line up!! So smart to spray with the hydrating mist, I keep forgetting to do that when I wear a mask. I hope your skin feels less raw soon!!

@haleyvvvv   Did I not respond?  oh gosh I don’t think I posted my response yesterday and it’s gone.
The glycolic acid in the ceo doesn’t seem too bad on its own.  I didn’t even notice it was there.  Thank goodness I haven’t been using it near my nose in fear the vitamin c might burn.  I’m used to using multiple exfoliants on the regular with no issues but with the more frequent mask wearing everything’s changed.   

The reapplications of HA have been saving me.  I’ve been trying to touch up whenever I reapply lipgloss but it’s not a solid habit yet.  Im doing much better today with the rawness thanks, but I also haven’t been out anywhere so my skin’s had a much needed break.  

It is all good, @heartsmyface!! I'm glad the glycolic acid in the CEO serum isn't irritating (I can't handle it with other acids, but have been finding its okay on its own). I've got to remember to being a spray when I have to go out, such a good idea!!

Need to post my new routine now that I have new goodies from my Galentines day gift box 😍. will be back later today or tonight. 

Slightly updated weekly routines 

AM 

20210124_133408~2.jpg

Minus firming and brightening serum, and moisturizer because I'm using foil samples 

PM 

Cleansers/Daily Toners etc 

20210202_005747~2.jpg

Masking 

20210124_133921~3.jpg

Actives 

20210124_133614~3.jpg

Creams etc 

20210124_135440~3.jpg

@haleyvvvv how do you like the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid toner? I have been interested in adding a hydrating toner to my routine. Do you ever use that along with an exfoliating toner?

I like it, @carlyw13, but alcohol is high up in the list. There's not really a scent and it is a bit thicker, which I prefer. I'm still on the search for a great hydrating toner. I for some reason use a different hydrating toner at night and in the morning. If I use an exfoliating toner, I use it at night, along with a hydrating toner. I have been pairing it with the CEO serum, which has a little bit of AHA, and it was fine. 

@haleyvvvv   I've really enjoyed the eye cream and foot peel from the grace and Stella brand and am now eyeing that serum.  Is that pure hyaluronic acid?  

It's not purely HA, the top two ingredients are HA varieties, and then some humectants and some more HA, @heartsmyface. It is okay, a light/med thickness serum, no scent.

Yesterday morning, which seems like ages ago in skincare terms.

0BE89774-CDB2-478C-BF6A-E617FB62E1E9.jpeg

Spoiler
Everything is pretty normal except for the Farmacy Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer with Moringa and Papaya 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which is one of my least favorite products. I just want to finish this one this year. It is a good gem for the right skin. Scent is pleasant and welcoming. 
6 Replies
testing