Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@eshoe  Use the farmacy as a body lotion and it’ll be done in a week or so and you’ll smell wonderful;);)   I actually really enjoy it and bought backups of it but right now I am in desperate need of more hydrating products.  I know it’ll be loved to death in the summer though.  

That’s a good idea, @heartsmyface! I just used it again this morning and I can’t seem to finish it fast enough. The scent really is unique and enjoyable. It’s been fine for me this winter, it’s just so.sticky😆

@eshoe   Ohhh i read that and had to go apply some to see what you were talking about.  Okay yeah it’s got some tack all on it’s own. Do you ever apply a face oil over it?   It cuts back on the tackiness a bit.  If it’s a sensory issue even when diluted down and not a results issue give yourself permission to declutter it.  No sense in making yourself feel miserable and sticky.  Haha, my advice to put it all over would make it torture if you’re not enjoying how it feels on so taking that suggestion back. 😅

That was a good read, @heartsmyface, you gave me a couple of things to consider. I will try out the oil. I don’t generally wear facial oil during the day, but its worth a shot! I prefer not to declutter skincare, if I can repurpose it though...now that’s another story🙌🏼👍🏼

Oh no, @eshoe!! I'm sorry the Farmacy moisturizer isn't a fave. Its always so annoying to have a product that you dislike but isn't like, harmful, and have to finish it up before moving on. It always takes me so long to get through those items; you got this!!

@haleyvvvv lesson learned: always sample skincare first, especially something you intend to wear daily🤦🏻‍♀️

I finished a similar product by using it as foot cream, I just can’t bring myself to do that with this. It really is a nice product, the scent is enjoyable; it’s just not for me.

Updated weekly routines 

AM 

20210124_133408.jpg

Minus firming serum because I'm using foil samples 

PM 

Cleansers/Daily Toners etc 

20210124_133517~2.jpg

Minus makeup remover since I'm using foils 

Masking 

20210124_133921~3.jpg

Plus sheet masks. Some days I double/triple with one of these and then a sheet mask and then a sleeping mask (and if we count eye and lip masks, quadruple or quintuple mask). 

Actives 

20210124_133614~3.jpg

Creams etc 

20210124_135440~3.jpg

Updated morning and evening routines.

AM🌞

893CE5E1-CA25-4262-A231-2D5B769388BC.jpeg

PM🌜

666B8799-145C-4F1A-B366-0BE1BA5E629E.jpeg

So many lovely products, @faeriegirl!! How is the YTTP eye cream?

I really like it @haleyvvvv . It’s very hydrating and my eyes aren’t near as puffy when I wake up. 

Oooh, that sounds great!! Thank you, @faeriegirl !! Adding to my to grab list. 

@faeriegirl  Looks awesome ! How do you like this YTTP Vit C and the Glow Recipe Niacinamide? Do you know the % of Niacinamide in this Glow Recipe serum? I don't think I saw that info. 

@naturalooks15 I love the Yttp vitamin C. It is the best I’ve tried. I’m still on the fence with the GR niacinamide drops. They are nice and I do get a glow but I think the price is too high. I saw in an interview they are not disclosing the amount of niacinamide because it’s a proprietary blend.

Good to know about both @faeriegirl  !! I have been with DE C-Firma and wanting to explore other Vit C serums. 

For Niacinamide, I recently got The Ordinary Niacinamide powder and mix it with TO Marine Hyaluronic and apply. I think I will give that a good 6-8 weeks before switching, given it's so affordable. I am open to trying a more sophisticated Niacinamide formulation though which has more ingredients/ better ingredient list for brightening in addition to Niacinamide. 

@faeriegirl Looks like such a fun routine - and pretty, too!

@greeneyedgirl107  It is so much easier for me to stay consistent when I have a fun routine to look forward to❤️

@faeriegirl Is that the FAB Wild Oat Toner?  I already have two toners that I'm not using, but I'm open to a third!

@greeneyedgirl107 It is, it has been so hydrating and soothing this winter.

@faeriegirl It's definitely piquing my interest!  

InShot_20210110_143401425.jpg

 Morning masking! Trying for more moisturizer in my life. The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA Serum Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum 

This was nice skincare for a winter morning for my average skin.

I bought so much skincare in the last two months and have found some fabulous products that I've worked into my routine as well as brought some back from my stash (and found some less fabulous ones I'm trying to use up)....my skin has hit its mid-winter low in terms of dryness. Hooray for masks and dry cold air and a working environment with filtered air kept at -500% humidity.

AM:

-La Mer The Cleansing Micellar Water - it's meh, got it for free from my La Mer obsessed mother, trying to use it up before switching back to Bioderma Hydrabio. My skin has been super dry so I've only cleansing once a day

- Skinceuticals C E Ferulic

- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Serum - used this for years, never get sick of it

- La Mer The Eye Concentrate Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - used on and off for a few years, don't think I will be repurchasing 

- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer - new find! absolutely lovely

- The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL - use if I think I need the extra hydration that day, this guy tries down fast enough for daytime use, does not leave me that shiny

- Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50

- Supergoop! 100% Mineral Bright-Eyed Eye Cream SPF 40 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - this product is absolutely terrible but I feel bad throwing it away so I'm determined to use it up

PM

- CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover 6.7 oz/ 200 mL - been using the balm for years but decided to try out the oil, and the pump is very convenient but really don't like it as much so switching back to balm once this bottle is used up, but gets the job done in terms of removing my tinted SPF

- Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cleanser vs Cerave hydrating facial cleanser

- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

- La Mer The Concentrate Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL - just on flaky spots, I have a love hate relationship with this product. It's super expensive and ingredients list is so supremely underwhelming. It feels like a massive waste of money for some heavily fragranced silicones, but for whatever reason, it just works for my skin

- Murad Rapid Dark Spot Correcting Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL - just on hyperpigmented spots, it has not worked at all for my melasma but I do think it clears away my PIH from my occasional hormonal acne spot faster

- La Mer Crème de la Mer Moisturizer mixed with The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL - for creme de la mer, ditto to what I said about the concentrate. I've used a ton of La Mer products over the years due to an endless (thankfully free) supply coming from mother. There is absolutely nothing in this cream that should make it work and none of my dermatologist friends recommend it, but for whatever reason, I wake up with much better skin when I use this. It makes no sense. I have been using the cerave moisturizing cream for the past few months before this and it's really good, and I will continue to use it but will stick to the la mer through the worst part of the winter.

- tretinoin 0.05% 

BODY:

- Dermadoctor KP Duty - I can't believe Sephora no longer sells this product! It's the best body scrub I've ever used.

- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Yogurt Body Wash

- The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL - it's too sensitizing for my face so I use this on my legs to get rid of bumps

- Amlactin Rapid Relief Restoring Lotion - Amlactin certainly isn't the best smelling or textured product on earth but it's been a holy grail for me in terms of moisturizing super dry rough skin in the winter

2 Replies
testing