Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@carlyw13   Oooh I love this formatting !! How did you format it? Did you use Powerpoint or something else. 

This was my Saturday morning routine. I'm trying to smooth and pamper my skin here.

PXL_20210110_162726243.jpg

Hylamide subQ mist, Snoxin II eye cream, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  , Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum , AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque (love!), And First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration . Now, I didn't quite think about the size of the FAB moisturizer before I bought it, but I use it as my facial moisturizer.....and mostly my morning moisturizer. At this rate I will have it for years. 

Most mornings I wash my face with Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cleanser , as that is the cleanser I am currently working through. It does the job. 

I've been trying to add a mask into my morning routine once a week, as well as more moisture. 

This was my morning last Wednesday.

InShot_20210110_143401425.jpg

 The  First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration is very calming. The Hylamide spray is a nice face spray prep. The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA Serum is a constant. The Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum is my retinol alternative.

I have combo skin with KP, breakouts, and redness.

Morning routine:

belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL 

belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Toner with Hyaluronic Acid 6.75 oz/ 200 mL 

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Serum 

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 

Night routine:

belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL 

belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Toner with Hyaluronic Acid 6.75 oz/ 200 mL 

Tonymoly Vitamin B8 Moisture Ampoule

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 

AM skincare for sensitive, irritated cheeks. Weather is cool and dry. My cheeks are burning even after this, so something is still amiss. 

C1B463C3-6696-49F2-BE20-87B0EDD15BC3.jpeg

Spoiler
This is the first time I’ve used the Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser 4.0 oz / 120 mL and it felt incredibly soft and soothing. I’ve been using micellar water only to cleanse over the past few days, so it is possible this was the wrong time to test this. The SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff was gratis and is used throughout the week. 

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Sage & Orange Blossom mist, with Pixi Milky Toner and Missha The First Treatment Essence. Caudalie Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Serum followed withDr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream and Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. 

I hope you find calm for your skin, @eshoe 

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I just made the whole post on the app and when O went to add the pics it shut down and my post was lost.
Trying again on a different device and then will go back to phone to add the pics Here is my paired down routine now that I am staying home almost 100% except for rare grocery store trip. skin is not getting exposed to elements, not as dry this winter. I also stopped a lot of moisturizers and oils and just doing some serums or actives.

Morning Routine: just two products on the left. Inkey List ceramide serum mixed with DE C-Firma

Night routine: 1/4 measure (spoon) TO Niacinamide powder mixed with 4-5 drops of TO marine Hyaluronicsif

any day my skin is feeling dry, I apply new-to-me CosRx cream.that’s it. I still have DE retinol and CosRx BHA that I occasionally use but not regularly.

these my my day and night products  now 

i have filled CosRx cream into an empty DE jar for ease of dispensing. It’s working out really well. 

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@naturalooks15 Those DE jars are so useful for repurposing!

Definitely @eshoe  I am thinking of buying the Hada Labo premium and then fill it in the B-Hydra bottle. 

@naturalooks15 Hado Labo is a brand I’ve been interested in trying, just haven’t yet. The premium sounds like an essence (moisturizer base?) and the 5 different molecular weights of HA sound similar to the Glow Recipe Plum Plump. Thank you for putting this on my radar!

I didn't know about the release of plump pump or that it is similar 😄 . I'll check it out. Thanks @eshoe 

Love a paired down routine, @naturalooks15!! That CosRx snail cream sounds amazing. Also, love the C-firma serum!! So glad a smaller routine is working well!!

Hello my tribe !! Miss you all. Have a very happy holidays and a great new year ahead !! 

My routine has been minimal with good results (some dryness spell here and there) saving me tons of money and time given staying at home most of the time. Though that blurred the like between working hours and personal time. Massive layoffs at work also resulted in remaining of of working longer hours. Grateful to be healthy and have a job though so no complains. 

Will come back and post my usual routine. May not do the daily pics (that is not much anymore, just 2-3 products). 

Hi @naturalooks15 , some people post their weekly routines and that is fine! I'm looking forward to seeing yours. 😊

20201112_105228.jpg

 my simple quick morning skincare is not cutting it anymore! Since moving into my new house I find that the air is dryer and I have to use more moisturizing products. So long simple routine! Also, it is winter so I do need to add better moisturizing products for my skin. 

Herbivore Bakuchiol Anti-Aging Serum 

The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA Serum 

💘 

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

It seems like it’s time to switch over to the winter routine + a few new items:

AM:

-Cerave SA cleanser vs Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL vs La Mer micellar water (not a fan but got a bunch for free and trying to use it up) depending on how dry/clean/dirty my face is feeli

-Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Acid

- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Serum 

-Cerave daily moisturizing lotion

-Skinceuticals UV physical fusion vs La Roche posay anthethelios ultra light fluid

PM:

- CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL (only if wearing makeup)

-Cerave hydrating cleanser

- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Serum 

- Murad Rapid Age Spot Correcting Serum (only on hyperpigmented areas)

- La Mer The Concentrate Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL on really dry patches

-Cerave moisturizing cream

- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

-tretinoin 0.05%

Hydrating sheet mask about once a week such as Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Soothing Hydra Solution™ Dermask Water Jet Soothing Hydra Solution™ or Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution™ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution™ 

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

I love it, and I really like that CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL 

I also find my skin looking a little dryer in the winter- yikes! Time to pull out my heavier moisturizers. 

@jhe9488 

Skin: breaking out and reacting

Why? Not enough water, not enough healthy foods, too much unhealthy food, not enough sleep, mask wearing 

I'm back into my skincare but my face is rebelling like I'm a teenager again (see above causes)

Skincare last night:

20201004_211819.jpg

The item I will never be without for now: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

The Tower spray because why not, I'll do almost anything skincare wise to help right now. 

#Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ 25% AHA + 2% BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL for polished skin ❤

Thanks to @eshoe and @Shosh85 for select items in last night's skincare. 💜💙

It might be for the best that I'm wearing a mask to work, as that is the area I'm getting the acne in. Ugh. 

Oh bummer, sorry your skin is acting all rebellious, @l8totheparty 😕 Hoping that things simmer down a bit for you, and soon!

How is the Tower mist? I need a new mist but am contemplating just concocting my own or trying something new. 

I only mist the Tower onto my blemishes @eshoe . Does it help? Not as well as a blemish sticker. Maybe I should use it regularly and hope for preventative measures? 🤷🏼‍♀  That isn't a bad idea to use it up.

1 Reply
testing