Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@ladyassassin  I’m glad to hear you are liking the pink cloud. I have been eyeing that one! 

Lots of new things in the routine(s)

AMAM

Spoiler
Cleanser - generally I use the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser but I throw the Yadah in about once a week. The Yadah (and I find foaming cleansers in general) tend to be a bit stripping for me. My skin just feels a bit taut after using.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff - this Sephora gratis has been wonderful to try. Sure I wish there wasn't fragrance in it but for me it gives a soft brightening and the jar is huge, definitely a good valu

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL - I like some HA in my life. For me this serum is watery compared to the Vichy Mineral 89 I was using and also compared to the Coxrx Snail Essence which I was trying in place of having a dedicated HA only product. I like that it also has peptides but I think the consistency will make me stick with other products instead of this.

The INKEY List Sea Kelp - well boy was I floored when I read about this. I also received it in Sephora gratis and put it aside not realizing it was 1 of only 5000 made. I feel so privileged. But this is where I'm confused. Say I would fall in love with it, there's no more. Limited edition for makeup I get the motivation but for skincare, sorry, don't think that's a smart business move at all. To me it has kinda a paper bag/cardboard package type smell but it disappears after applying. I've been combining the HA and Sea Kelp in my palms and then applying them together on my face. Not sure about results. Again, not hoping for something great because then I wouldn't be able to get it! 🙄

Josie Marian - yet to break into this treat from @Loretta55. I'm nursing a blemish on my check from a few days ago and so I'm using the snail all in one cream since it doesn't have fragrance just to not irritate it. Once it heals, I'm excited to see how this is. Watermelon which will be nice for summer.

Purito SPF - the first impression and continued use (probably about a week) has been favorable. It looks and applies like a light-mid-weight lotion. There is no cast (it is chemical but not the U.S. chemicals). I feel it gives a natural finish, not matte but not dewy either. I'm curious to try the mineral version.

Nivea SPF - this had been my go-to no white cast face SPF. It also has the non-US chemicals but has alcohol in its formulation. It did give more of a shiny finish that I wasn't a fan of but could be solved with a dusting of setting powder. I am using it on my hands and arms now and am liking it for that. It does apply easily and dry down quickly.

PMPM

Spoiler
First step cleanse - The Erno Laszlo was a clearance find at Marshalls. It couldn't handle my tinted SPF but has done a fine job with makeup (I'd classify myself as a light makeup wearer when I do) or just days with SPF. I guess I can't truly tell that it gets all the SPF off but I also haven't had skin issues from possibly leaving SPF on if that makes sense. Not a product I'd purchase again, especially at its price, but fun to try. I think it was like $3 or something ridiculous

Second step cleanse - sticking with the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. Said that this will be replaced with a different cleanser but it has to be done. I repurchased it many times but the latest version has a kind of plastic smell that irritates me. Plus I'm disappointed CeraVe has been messing with their formulas. It's been a good run but when it's done, it's done

HA & Sea Kelp - see AM for thoughts

Coxrx Snail Peptide Eye Cream - I'm cool with snail. I am a fan of peptides. I've seen good reviews from others. Gotta try. It hasn't been in my routine long enough to see any results so we'll see. When applied to damp skin, patting can bring out some of the stringy quality but when I use it on more dry skin, it taps in nicely. The other thing is I feel one pump is way too much product. I feel like half a pump is more than enough for both eyes and had to apply it to my cheeks the first time I used it because a full pump was so much.

Cosrx Snail All in One Cream - If you are creeped out by snail, you will not want to try this one. It is a clear-white gel cream texture that has a stringy quality when taking it out of the jar. It does apply smoothly and glides easily over the face. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a residue. I like it. I have normal skin so I'm thinking although I plan to use it in my night line-up that maybe it will be more appropriate for daytime. Maybe something more occlusive for night in the future but for now the snail will work fine.

@ShortErica Nice products

Thanks @tjffc!

@ShortErica Thanks for weighing in on the texture of The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL !  I am in the beginning stages of considering what HA to integrate into my routine and two of the possibilities were the Vichy and TIL.  I'm actually interested in something more watery, so you may have just tipped the scales for me.  Plus, I love the price!

Hahaha too funny. I think Vichy is my preference because I like that it is more viscous. So yes TIL one would be better for you @greeneyedgirl107 

@ShortErica what is the Inkey List sea kelp supposed to do?

@meou the focus seems to be on pollution though it is also supposed to help with redness

20200815_220057.jpg

20200815_220048.jpg

  

@ShortErica interesting.... I totally agree though that limited edition products are confusing. What do you do if you love it lol

@meou Yes I'm so confused. Cause it's not like you can "savor" it either. Once opened, it is only good for so long. It's not like its perfume or something that you keep for a while.

Josie Maran’s Face cream smells delicious and I feel like it is the most hydrating moisturizer I have used @ShortErica. Keep us updated.

I must confess ... aside from the OLEHENRICKSEN stuff, I've had these products for a few years but stopped using them for a good while until a couple weeks ago. Why? Probably pure laziness. I'm almost 53, so it hit me I can't be lazy with my skincare! I just purchased the OLEHENRIKSEN 3 Little Wonders™  set, so soon I'll be introducing a Vitamin C serum and BHA into my routine.

@GeorgiaGirl67 that olehenriksen was my starting point with skincare as well! It's a great choice with some actives and let's you get a feel to how many steps you want to commit too. 

I didn't start with it. I just purchased it, and it should be here tomorrow. 

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Awesome please keep us updated!! I’m in my 40’s and I’ve went through some recent phases of major stress that wreaked havoc in my face and hair. Acne first and then hair started thinning. The acne cleared up after a year but now I’m dealing w the after effects. I have hyperpigmentation with brown patches on my cheeks and center of forehead. I’m in process of researching a good dermatologist and researching different types of treatment. However, I’m very timid to put anything in my face in fear of making the pigment worse. But I’m very unhappy with it and have to do something. I swear the cell phone LED lights in screens had to contribute to this. 🙁

Daytime (listed in order of use):

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser or philosophy Purity Made Simple 

Origins Super Spot Remover™ Acne Treatment Gel with Salicylic Acid 0.3 oz/ 10 mL 

Kate Somerville Daily Deflector Moisturizer SPF 50

Nighttime (listed in order of use):

Fresh Soy Face Cleaner or philosophy Purity Made Simple 

Origins Super Spot Remover™ Acne Treatment Gel with Salicylic Acid 0.3 oz/ 10 mL 

OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL 

#Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Anti-Aging Moisturizer OR

OLEHENRIKSEN Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (I alternate nights)

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye

Shiseido WrinkleResist Intensive Eye Contour Cream

@GeorgiaGirl67, I had forgotten that Origins has this acne treatment until I saw your routine. How do you like it? 

It doesn't seem to be working on the spots of cystic acne I have, so a bit disappointed. Do you have any suggestions on what would be good for cystic acne?

@GeorgiaGirl67 Great products!

I really like the Purity Made Simple cleanser and the Origins Spot Remover. Great line up, @GeorgiaGirl67!!

@GeorgiaGirl67 how are you liking the Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol? 

3 Replies
testing