Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I like it a lot! 

@GeorgiaGirl67 does it smells strange?I keep reading about how vit c and ferulic smells like hot dog water and im wondering what causes it 😂

I haven't noticed a smell. 

I'm still trying to perfect my skincare routine but I'm getting there!  I'm 25 with oily skin, acne, pores and clogged pores, hyperpigmentation (acne and a few sunspots) and looking into anti-aging products.  If you guys have any suggestions to add to my routine, I'm open to them!

Morning Routine:

Night Routine:

Some nights, I use:

@RAWRitsRED Great products for your skin routine.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

i recommend the ordinary aha 30% + bha 2% peeling solution for hyperpigmentation!! i’ve been using it once a week for about a month now and almost all of my hyperpigmentation is gone or so faint it’s barely visible. it might work for you, and it’s only $7.20 so i’d definitely give it a shot.

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@Anonymous 

I'll take a look, thank you!

Echoing @itsfi a vitamin C in your AM can be super beneficial since its a tyrosine inhibitor so it'll help stop the development of melanin. It's also a great antioxidant so it fights free radicals and promotes collagen production to help avoid wrinkles and what not. It works great with SPF so its ideal for day time use. 

I just finished OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® 1 oz/ 30 mL which as okay but I don't think i'd repurchase (just because there are so many more to try) and i'm about to open a bottle of Goodall Green Tangerine Vita C Dark Spot Serum.

The ony thing is keep an eye on the type of vitamin c since it can oxidize pretty quickly versus other products 

@meou Nice recommendation.

@meou

Thanks for the great info!

@meou, I’d love to know your thoughts on the Goodal vitamin C serum after you have some time to see how your skin responds to it. I have the sheet masks from the same line. 

@itsfi I'll definitely post an udpated routine soon - I'm making some tiny tweaks as products run out so the AM is changing a little bit 

@RAWRitsRED, you have some lovely products in your routine! 😍 Have you considered incorporating a vitamin C serum? I’ve found it’s helped some with my sun spots and hyperpigmentation.

@itsfi Thank you!  I bought the Tatcha Dewy Skin Favorites on the Go set after taking the Tatcha Masterclass and it's been amazing.  I especially love how versatile the Tatcha The Serum Stick: Treatment & Touch Up Balm 0.28 oz/ 8g is!

I've been looking into some vitamin c serums and moisturizers but not sure which one to get.  I heard it's best not to use vitamin c with acids like the salicylic acid I'm using at night.  Maybe during the day?  Which one are you using?

@RAWRitsRED, I usually use my vitamin C serum in my morning routine. Right now, I’m using Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL. Looove! ♥️ 

My skin can be sensitive so I started out with Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Drop, which contains a very low dose of vitamin C. I noticed a difference in my sunspots by the time I finished the bottle, even with the lower concentration of vitamin C. 

Sunday Riley C.E.O. Serum (it doesn’t come up when I try to tag it) is a nice one too, though it might be too heavy for your skin type in the summer, at least. It has a creamy consistency. 

tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is also a good source of vitamin C. It’s a light oil and mixes nicely with a moisturizer.

@itsfi Thanks, I'll check those out!

Skincare Routine of the Day

A really simple skincare routine! I do skincare together with my brother since he takes awful care of his skin so I have to make sure it's simple enough where he doesn't get frustrated with the amount of steps haha. We start off with washing with just any cleanser that's in the house and then go in with the Thayer's toner (since he gets a lot of acne on his face). Then it's the Ordinary's ascorbic acid (but we've since stopped using it cause he doesn't like it) and an essence. We like to try different ones and currently have been using the Cosrx Hyaluronic acid essence which we've both been loving! Sometimes I use an eye cream befaore moisturizing, but we finish off the routine with a light moisturizer since his skin gets very suffocated if it's too thick. We've been alternating between the Saturday Skin featherweight moisturizer and the moisturizer from The Ordinary. Once a week we use a sugar scrub. His skin has been improving a lot!

@DeviledLeg love that you are teaching your brother about good skin care! Hope you guys are using an SPF lol

How do you like the sautrday skin moisturizer? 

@DeviledLeg Awww great bonding with your brother and great skincare routine.  

@DeviledLeg glad to hear good things about the cosrx essense. I've tried more of their snail things - essence, eye cream and as soon as I finish my moisturizer their snail all in one cream. Have you used other HA essences or serums? I'd be curious to hear how the cosrx compares. Nice routine!

Hi Erica! Thanks for the kind words! I've tried the HA fr...

Hi Erica! Thanks for the kind words! I've tried the HA from The Ordinary and the Hydro Boost series products from Neutrogena. I find that they perform similarly overall but there are a few little things that differentiate them from each other! I think overall the one from the Ordinary is the most comfortable on the skin, but I'm not a fan of the eyedropper since I'm bad at eyeballing the amount I need and always end up squirting out too much haha The Hydro Boost series from Neutrogena is quite nice too but it has a really strong fragrance that can irritate sensitive skin. The CosRx one is nice and is a good price for the size (a little less than $9/fl.oz) but can be a little sticky. Hope that's helpful for you! 🙂 I'm looking to try the CosRx snail mucin and toner in the future also!
2 Replies
testing