Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@eshoe Great products.

Thank you , @tjffc - some are new to me, so my skin is still getting accustomed to them! But overall, so far so good.

Updated AM routine - Keeping to my normal structure but a lof of these are running out soon so expecting some changes in the next couple of weeks

• Cleanse: REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Gentle Cleansing Milk 
  • Tone: Benton BHA Aloe Skin Toner
  • Essence: Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence
  • Serum: OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® 1 oz/ 30 mL 
  • Moisturizer: Cosrx Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream
  • Treat: Cosrx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200807144130007_COVER.jpg

Loving your routine, @meou - so many good products here! Benton seems to be a very +++brand, everything I’ve tried if theirs has been exceptional.

Thanks @eshoe this has been the only product I've tried from Benton and it was a slam dunk. What have you tried? Any recommendations?

I’ve tried both the Snail Bee High Content Essence and the Fermentation Eye Cream, @meou. Both could easily be my forever favorites. The Essence is closer to serum but not as stringy as the CosRx,  and the eye cream leaves a beautiful matte finish.

6205089D-EB45-4F39-99E4-E361533D03F4.jpeg

Amazing @eshoe! I'm definitely going to need to look into both. There are so many essences I want to try hahah 

@meou Great skin care routine.  

Thanks @tjffc! I'm going to need to change the vitamin c and the sunscreen soon and I'm excited to break in some new products 😊

@meou How are you liking the COSRX Essence?  I'm thinking of trying it once Ulta has a 20% sale.

@greeneyedgirl107 loving the essence! Adds another layer of hydration and has niacinamide and hyaluronic acid so I don't feel like I need to double down with serums with those ingredients as well. It's doesn't have the stringy texture like snail mucin and absorbs pretty quickly without that sticky or tacky texture once it absorbs. Also it's one of the cheaper fermented essences out there haha 

@meou Thanks so much for the info!

No problem @greeneyedgirl107 I'm already planning my next fermented essence 😂

Ooo 20% off, that’s good to know. Thanks for sharing @greeneyedgirl107!

@ShortErica Just to clarify, I'm waiting for the Ulta's store-wide 20% off sale.  They haven't had one since Nov of 2019, and skipped the April one.  SO, I will likely be waiting a while!  I already broke down and bought a couple things full-price, though!

Oh darn @greeneyedgirl107, I was hoping for even a 20% off including prestige.

@ShortErica I know!  It's been driving me crazy.  I had read on BIC that Ulta was overwhelmed with orders, so they were kinda trying to discourage orders to an extent.  But they've been having free shipping on $35 minimums for a while now.  So to me it would seem like they are now encouraging orders.  But still, no 20% off.

I agree @greeneyedgirl107! Like you I paid full price on a few things but at least got point multipliers. I feel like the coupons just aren't happening. I'm hoping for some good selections for the next beauty event. I think I saw that it starts at the end of August.

@ShortErica At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to make Platinum.

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

AM Is : Wash my face with Clarisonic, Khiels 1982 sensitive skin wash, then inkey list hylaronic acid, dr jarts v7 primer, then makeup time!

The last couple of days have been pretty hot. My skin is normal with a couple of blemishes.

16FD79C7-8809-4038-8951-CAB48C458BB1.jpeg

83BE1613-DE49-40C4-8763-8D55AC578408.jpeg

Spoiler
Starting an old school journal thanks to a very fun Glow Recipe reward! Trying some new and also finding ways to use up products that just aren’t the right match for my skin. 

The LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL is an easy love; it’s richer than my Pixi Milk Tonic (which I purchased two backups of after trying). If I ever finish those, I would buy this!

The untaggable Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm makes me very happy that I took the chance and went out on a limb to buy a FS product without sampling it first. It has the lightest, true papaya scent, an if-it-were-served-warm sorbet texture, and works effortlessly to cleanse and wash off easily. I haven’t used it on my eyes, and I won’t, even though it is supposedly safe. I’m a contact wearer and I loathe glasses
time (the constant smudges), so Bioderma will continue as my go-to for that area of my face. I could definitely see myself repurchasing this after I run out, which shouldn’t be anytime soon based on my current cleanser situation. Very pleased and happy that this is now in my routine.

Speaking of cleansers. The Herbivore Pink Cloud Rosewater + Squalane Makeup Removing Face Wash 3.38 oz/ 100 mL has hands down, the best packaging. Tall, heavy glass bottle with a pump dispenser. I’ve already been considering the products I will replace this with when empty, The product-scent is reminiscent of opening a bottle of Flinstone’s vitamins (the chewable, not the fun gummies we have now). It’s a good scent, and dissipates quickly into a light plasticky aroma. It is very gentle, doesn’t leave my skin hurting and removes everything satisfactorily. I haven’t double-cleansed with either of these, and my skin seems to be responding well. Another potential repurchase👍🏼

22 Replies
testing