Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Yep, both are gentle @haleyvvvv! I find myself reaching for the Herbivore more frequently only bc the dispenser is soooooo quick and easy. But both products are 👍🏼

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

MORNING: **I usually rotate cleansers. Currently using Cerave hydrating facial cleanser and Drunk Elephant Jelly Cleanser. Tend to prefer gentle, fragrance free cleansers. **Caudalie Vinosource SOS serum (or on and off Drunk Elephant vitamin C serum) **Cerave daily moisturizing lotion - tried all sorts of more expensive lotions from Sephora over theyears and honestly I keep going back to the Cerave. It’s fragrance free, moisturizes well, sinks in quickly, non greasy and dermatologist recommended. **La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultralight Fluid SPF 60 EVENING: Cleanser as above. Or if wearing makeup, eye makeup remover (current using up the Nars, but actually prefer the Sephora brand) and Clinique Take the Day Off. Will use my foreo at nighttime unless I can’t be bothered. **The Ordinary glycolic acid toner only once in a blue moon. **Frequently will use the caudalie serum and cerave lotion at nighttime as well, unless my skin feels very dry, which only tends to be an issuein the winter. **If skin is feeling very dry, then La Mer the concentrate as a serum. Then mix a couple drops of La Mer renewal oil into Creme de La Mer moisturizer. **Estee Lauder advanced night repair eye cream **Tretinoin 0.05% (prescription—ostensibly for acne, but more so for anti-aging)

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

@jhe9488 Great skin care products including your tretnioin.  I love La Mer!

I found through the last month with my move (not to mention the whole working from home thing), I found myself getting so lazy with the skincare! However,  I really do notice that my skin reacts well to a good skincare routine. The other night's skincare:

20200721_014809.jpg

 I wish I could get my hands on more very cherry clean- it smells divine! And the CLINIQUE Mini Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Is soooo nicely hydrating on my skin when I'm being neglectful. 

Tower 28 Beauty SOS Save.Our.Skin Daily Rescue Facial Spray Mini 1 oz/ 30 mL  will I buy it again?  Meh, I'm undecided.

I can relate @l8totheparty. Getting back into is so nice and your skin misses it. I haven't really tried facial sprays. Do you have a go-to that you prefer?

@ShortErica I have only really tried the Tower28 for acne, but haven't given any of the rest a solid go yet. I have some in my closet to try! I have found other products sink in nicely if I use a spray of some sort first. Have you noticed this?

Hopefully you find a winner in your closet @l8totheparty. I tend to go straight to serum like hyaluronic acid on a damp face and haven't used facial mists. Maybe something to try in the future

IMG_7106.jpg

I finally have clear skin after years of acne, rashes, and redness. I'm so happy I finally have routines that actually healed my skin and that are within my budget. This is my nighttime routine, I only use the vit C a couple of times a week now but it still makes a big difference imo. I hope the ordinary restocks again soon! 

The Original MakeUp Eraser The Original MakeUp Eraser® Makeup Remover Cloth Pink  The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone 1 oz/ 30 mL 

@MaddyJ8 I love taking care of my skin with excellent products.  I definitely can relate to skincare issues prior to finding products that are beneficial.  Great products.

Doing better with SPF, here's what is happening

DayDayNightNight

I previously used The Ordinary on my face. I felt like it did help with fine lines but I wasn't sure if it was contributing to redness. I stopped when I wasn't being as diligent about sunscreen (when the pandemic started) and have brought it back for my hands since the bottle is pretty old at this point and although I think it doesn't smell odd, I'm not sure I trust it enough to put it on my face.

@ShortErica These are all great products!  Great routine.

Thanks @tjffc! Quite a few of them will finish this month so it will be interesting bringing some new products in.

Wow, everything about your routine here looks great, @ShortErica! snail twice a day, even 👍🏼

I'm really excited to try the snail cream and see how my skin likes it vs. the essence @eshoe. I have a backup of the snail 96 but you've also got me curious about the Benton one.

@ShortErica I don’t know for certain, but I’m guessing the Benton has less mucin. It does not have the same stringy-ness as the CosRx, which is one reason I do enjoy using it more. I have a backup of the CosRx too, though-so looks like I will be using it for awhile. It’s good, and my skin loves it, so no complaints from me!

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Love the cerave. Honestly I think a lot of people ignore drugstore brands but I love cerave products. Fantastic for sensitive skin.

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I've really enjoyed CeraVe but hate to say I'm disappointed in the direction they are going @jhe9488. They have reformulated products and I don't know that it was for the better. I'm curious to pick up the skin renewing night cream again because I think my skin really enjoyed the peptides in it.

Nice routine! I have that Gudetama Lazy & Easy But haven’t tried it yet. How is it? I am OBSESSED with that lazy egg! @ShortErica 💛💛💛

Thank you @sister13. I love that the Lazy & Easy has ceramides. I'm a big of them and my moisturizers in the queue lack them vs. normally I'm using CeraVe. It has a citrusy morning scent. I try to avoid fragrance and essential oils but I can't deny it is pleasant. It is a nice medium thickness gel that applies easily. Not sure if I've noticed any difference in my skin from it though. I love the egg too! I think the PTR is a bit better at removing dead skin but the egg works and it's adorable. 🙂

How do you like the Glow Recipe Banana Souffle with the combo skin? Trying to understand if its hydrating enough but not too emolliant 

@meou I feel like my skin is fairly normal and I'm in Florida so weather is mostly hot and humid year-round. I waited to use this in summer (despite it most always feeling like summer) as I heard from others that this was light. It has a nice texture, kinda a mixture of whipped and gel-like to me. Some of the ingredients I enjoy having like squalene, centella asiatica, and sodium hyaluronate are included which is a thumbs up for me. The banana scent I'm not a fan of. It doesn't linger once applied but it is potent when opening. That's a personal preference and I try to limit fragrance in my skincare - one day I'll get it all out. I think it does a nice job hydrating and moisturizing though I haven't used it without the snail mucin or an HA serum beforehand.

1 Reply
testing