Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@ather @I first received one in a beauteque subscription box and now i just buy them on their site.  

@heartsmyface 

haha, it's fine - I will just have to have a look at the product then. 😉

Huh, interesting foot stick @heartsmyface. I've been using the Kora Organics Noni Glow  Body Balm on my feet since it leaves my skin too tacky. Plus when I use it that way, I don't have to get any on my hands 😄

@eshoe   I’m imagining super glowy feet although I’ve never tried the Kora Noni Glow;). The Mediflower foot stick is basically a mix of super hydrating oils(shea butter, jojoba oil, apricot oil, macadamia oil) that soften the foot pads.  I love it!  This is my third stick.  It’s just not something I’ve ever thought to post before.  It just ended up in the photo and I didn’t think about it.  🤷‍♀️  

I would bet it’s a very similar concoction @heartsmyface. It’s the best for lazy days.💜

Love this @heartsmyface , I'm trying to challenge myself to use up sample sizes this month.  Gotta ask... what is the Beauty Foot Stick?

@missjeanie  It’s an argan oil, Shea butter, jojoba oil and apricot oil stick.  It’s unscented and keeps your foot pads super soft between foot peels.  I don’t normally post my foot products but it snuck in there and it looks like everyone noticed🤗. It’s my behind the scenes holy grail.  i like to run so my feet are prone to callousing so this really helps keep them touchable.  

Very interesting!  @heartsmyface I won't even pretend that I like to run, but I do get callused feet a lot more often of late, old age or my preference for flip flops I'm not sure, but I've never really done much more than files and regular body lotion.  I like the sound of all the oils!

Those are great samples!!

Those are great samples!!

Re: Those are great samples!!

@tg1973   Thank you!  I really hope to get through at least half my deluxe sized samples by the end of summer.  They start piling up so quickly! 

Was glad to be reunited with my skincare routine after a couple months in lockdown with my mom on the East Coast! This is my pic from last week PM routine, though usually I do Vit C in the AM, not sure what I was thinking, haha. I have been loving the Votary SO MUCH, but I’m not sure if the change in climates is causing a difference, but my skin has been in rough shape (I think from Mask-wearing during errands) and not recovering the last few weeks, so As of last night I’m switching back to my Perricone tried and true routine, I can post that updated routine soon! 💕💕💕

#

A94BF7FC-807B-45BB-BF0C-05E1CB6262AA.jpeg

Hi, can you please tell me what perricone  products you use? I am 56 years old with dry skin. Last year, I quit my perricone products! Never again! I use cold plasma + face and I just purchased a face firming treatment off QVC. Sephora doesn't carry much of perricone anymore.

Hi @temtu4ever , Perricone is also a Holy Grail for me, though I do mix in other products. I started using it around 4 years ago before my wedding and I was desperate my skin was not great! The Sephora skincare advisor recommended Perricone and It made a huge turn around for my skin. I’ll try to remember, tag and I will update if I get anything wrong here, I’m not sure all the updated names since they switched everything over. Mostly, I use the Cold plasma + Face, the Daytime moisturizer with the zinc oxide sunscreen (I hate the smell and texture of most sunscreens but this WORKS and doesn’t smell/feel icky, and the regular Face Finishing moisturizer (I still have a 4 oz of the old formula that smells like roses). I’m also using up an old formula Cold Plasma, I had forgotten to cancel an auto delivery that occurred right before they changed formulas and was too lazy to return it. The old cold plasma smells fishy, but still works and feels great, though the Cold Plasma + is so much better since it doesn’t have that fishy smell. 

I also have the cocoa moisture mask and a green mask I use occasionally, and I LOVE the shower/5 min mask. I also have a Hyaluronic Intensive moisturizer that was recently half price. I think you’re right that Sephora is not carrying a lot of products anymore, but the three below are the primary ones I use/have used and will use again. Good luck!

💕💕💕

PERRICONE MD - Vitamin C Ester Photo-Brightening Moisturizer SPF 30

PERRICONE MD - High Potency Classics: Face Finishing & Firming Moisturizer

PERRICONE MD - Cold Plasma+ Advanced Serum Concentrate

@sister13  Aww I’m glad your back home!! It’s nice you were able to stay with your mom. I’m from the east coast and whenever I go back I definitely see a difference in my skin. When I’m back on the west coast my skin is not very happy. 

Yes, I never realized for the longest time that the dry air in Colorado messes with my skin unless I keep my skin really hydrated. I think the switch in climate and skincare was just too rich, I had been using the Votary back in Feb/March and was loving it but just a little too much maybe for the warmer season! @ather 

@sister13, Votary is a brand I’ve had on my list to look into and the ones in your routine sound good! 😍 Mask wearing and changes in climate are likely culprits for your skin acting up. Hope it settles back to normal now that you are home. 

I spy GrandeLash MD! Don’t you love it?! ♥️

The Grandelash is Hg status for me at this point. I love it! I got the Votary items in my Boxwalla subscription box, which is a clean skincare sub. It’s wonderful! @itsfi 💗💗

Hope the time with your Mom was good, @sister13! I can’t imagine the joy of being reunited with your skincare products, too ☺️ 

Hi @eshoe , it was good in the end! She went into the icu on March 9th and they didn’t actually think she was going to survive (pneumonia but not COVID-19 as far as we know), so I got on the next flight. But She did recover mad then it was a silver lining that I could work from home and stay with her while she Recovered! Scary and stressful for sure but she got a bit stronger finally. She still needs a lot of help but Is doing pretty well. Anyway, it’s so nice to be back! 💛💛 @eshoe 

I’m so happy to hear your mom is doing better and getting stronger by the day, @sister13! Good that you were able to be with her for a while.

Oh my goodness, @sister13. Pneumonia is so scary. What a silver lining indeed though, that you were able to work remotely! So happy to hear she has recovered:)

1 Reply
testing