Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@eshoe  Oh no I hope your skin recovers fast! I still need to try the GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream 

It did, @ather thank you! Next time I will be more mindful of my ingredient mix-n-matching;)

@eshoe  I’ve been noticing the same thing. I feel a slight burning on my face when I mix certain things. Or if I use retinol and the next day my face is more sensitive. My bottle is almost done and then I’m definitely going to try a retinol alternative!! 

@ather I forgot about that aspect with retinol. Bakuchiol is so low maintenance, it’s nice to be able to use it in the AM if I forget to use it at night!

@eshoe  That’s such a good point. Do you know if you can use it with vitamin c or do they have to be separated? I know retinol can be used with vitamin c. 

@ather it was discussed here but since I cannot scan past convos, I found this from vogue, which is basically the same info:

Spoiler
“The magic of bakuchiol is that it is suitable for all skin types: dry, sensitive, oily and combination. It's a gentle solution for anyone wanting anti-ageing results without the irritation,” says Delport. “It can be used with vitamin C and acids in serum and creams; it doesn't make your skin photo-sensitive either, so it's safe to use in the morning too,” he continues. Make sure you keep up the SPF, though. “I still recommend applying a sun protection product every morning as exposure to UV rays without adequate protection significantly accelerates skin ageing as well as increasing the chances of skin cancer,” advises Kluk.

@eshoe  That’s awesome!!! I’ve been learning to be more careful mixing products lately!!!

@eshoe Yes!  You can’t tell yet by my photo but the banana soufflé has been getting a lot of love!  That peach and Lily glass skin refining serum looks interesting.  
lol, i CAN NOT buy more skincare!  😂😅. Today I stopped myself from buying more by pulling everything out and putting it all on the counter.  It worked (for now). 

Your counter must be huge @heartsmyface 😂 I think I’ve become more liberal with how I use skincare recently just so I can use some up!

The Peach & Lily is nice, I'm growing to like it the more I use it. It has some good slip to it.

@eshoe 😂😅. It’s a fair size. I’ve got a good five feet of counter space in the washroom off my beauty room.  Normally I like the counters clear (I love flat surfaces) but until the urge to buy more passes, I’ll keep it cluttered and the cupboards empty.  

@heartsmyface  Omg I’ve done the same!! I’ve been so obsessed with skincare lately!! I have so many half used items. 

@ather  Same.  Ive just been soooo bored lately and need to find something else other than shopping for beauty products to pass the time away.  I mean, that’s fun and all but it’s getting out of hand:D 

@heartsmyface  I think staying home more doesn’t help!

Just used it again tonight, @AMK721. I keep it on the counter so end up using it frequently! It’s on the light side, has a tiny bit of weight but not much. I prefer a medium/thick weight (like Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL or Biossance Squalane + Peptide Brightening & De-Puffing Eye Gel 0.5 oz / 15 mL) and this isn’t quite there. That being said, it’s not bad-no breakouts, absorbs within a reasonable amount of time, and adds maybe a tiny amount of reflective shimmer to make the under eye appear brighter. At this price, it’s a good buy, though I wouldn’t repurchase.

@eshoe  thank you for the honest review. 🙂

You’re welcome, @AMK721! I’ve been pleased overall with the brand’s products. For the price, I’d say three are definitely better than average.

@eshoe What are your thoughts on the Peach & Lily Glass Skin?

Oooh well they are complicated, @greeneyedgirl107 . The first few times I tried it, I wasn’t aware of a difference between it and any other serum. I used it today and let it sink in, then noticing how the sun reflected off of my cheeks, thought, hmmmmm. I may kind of like this? It’s very forgiving and I love that. I like it better now than when I first tried it;)

@eshoe Thanks for the insight!

Keeping it simple in the mornings for the last 3 or so weeks, to account for changes in the weather with some add-ons depending on what is going on with my skin as a result of the weather or otherwise. 🤪 AM routine - late springAM routine - late spring

Skin Type / Skin Concern(s): Combo (oily nose and chin) + dehydrated. I have some PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) on my nose, neck and jawline that I'm trying to reduce as well as old sunspots, which are lightening up slowly but surely - yes!!! 

Weather: It seems like the weather has been going through an identity crisis of sorts here - ranges from uncharacteristically warm temps this time of the year, to days with higher than usual humidity, to the moderate temperature that I expect, to forecasted thunderstorms. ☀️☁️🌤🌧🌩 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Skincare Products:

Spoiler

Add-Ons:5.29.2020 AM add ins.jpeg

Spoiler
3 Replies
testing