Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

But it's a light purple, @itsfi. It totally has those same vibes. I've heard such good things about it. It is on deck, I have a few DS, once my current retinol products are done. Super excited to try. I'm sorry about the weather!!

@haleyvvvv, I hope the Bakuchiol works out for you. 🤞🏼 Eh, it’s okay. The transitional period in between seasons is always presents a challenge for my skin and skincare, but it’ll sort itself out. 😊

Switching up my morning skincare AGAIN.  Gotta keep things interesting around here so I don’t become a zombie. 579A4EDE-3658-433D-8C65-12763FADC722.jpeg

The Cure Natural Aqua Gel is a gommage type exfoliant (the type that balls up with exposure to oxygen and you use the gum and amino acids to gently exfoliate) It has a high concentration of alcohol in it which is very obvious but it leaves my skin so baby smooth.  It’s alright to use once in a while but I would choose something alcohol free for most days.  
The Mizon Snail repair eye cream is a little forgettable.  It does the job of moisturizing and I have no complaints but it doesn’t deliver any benefit that any other eye cream can do.  I’ll use it up but won’t be rushing to get another. 
The Tony Moly UV Master sunblock is alright.  It has a white cast at first but blends in well.  It leaves my skin shiny for a bit.  

Agree with you completely about the Mizon snail eye cream @heartsmyface. I like using it as an all over serum. BTW, I picked up that horse oil hair product. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet but it’s on my list of things to do. 

Weds amWeds am

Weds nightWeds night

Thurs amThurs am

Thurs night*Thurs night*

Fri amFri am

Fri nightFri night

I tried the Sephora 1 min masks and i was happy w the quick results. I Tried the jcat makeup remover and it seems gentle n smells good so far. The dr Brandt left  my skin so smooth. FRIday night I think I either had a reaction to the bareminerals serum or used it w the wrong products cuz now I’ve got itchy irritated texture😩

@SAlyFitz That skin food peach emulsion looks like it would be so pleasant!  

It smells so good but it doesn’t really do much imo lol

Hi @SAlyFitz,

I love those wipes! They are great! 

Best,
Rebecca

I can’t seem to tag it but it’s actually the Sephora 1 minute masks pack!☺️

Nice line up, @SAlyFitz!! How is the Becca working? The Dr. Brandt is such a great product!!

The Becca is okayyy... feel like I had better brightening from the caudalie I was using prior which I didn’t even love that glow lol not on my repurchase radar but I do have a FS of the sleeping mask I might have to rescind from a gift I was putting together for my mom lol😂😏💕

Oh no, so sorry to hear about the Becca product, @SAlyFitz!! And you have a hard decision to make about the full sized DB 🤣

ECE8271C-C489-4CED-9A16-BFE9050AFB22.jpeg

Here is my day and night routine. I live in a northern environment that can be very humid in the winter and summer. My skin can go from dry to combo in the summer so I make some changes depending on how things are going. 

In the morning, I cleanse with Bioderm Sensibo. Then I put on my face products and serums which are generally: DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum, Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, DRUNK ELEPHANT - D-Bronzi™ Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops, and if I am feeling dry Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. From there I see what my eyes need. Sometimes they need a depuffing serum, sometimes not. Sometimes they need an extra boost of moisture, sometimes not. This is why I have several eye creams and I layer them as needed. I often use Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL in the morning along with Glossier eye cream. If I have time, I will also do a little treatment with the Patchology eye patches, which I love! After that, it is on to sunscreen. For my sunscreen right now I use Paula’s Choice Essential Glow Day Moisturizer and the Supergoop! 100% Mineral Bright-Eyed Eye Cream SPF 40 0.5 oz/ 15 mL. I put both of the products around my eyes. 

For the night time, I have several options which again depends on the condition of my skin. I generally wash my face with Drunk Elephant Pekee™ Cleansing Bar 4 oz/ 120 g or a Paula’s Choice cleanser. If I have a lot of makeup on, I use the Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser, which can also double as a wonderful lip scrub when you use the exfoliant included. I often use the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum along with either a combination of Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, and Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. I have also recently the two drunk elephant masks, either the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and/or the Drunk Elephant F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. For the eyes, again, I see what is happening. I often use at least two eye creams, including the The INKEY List Alpha Arbutin Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLand the DRUNK ELEPHANT - Shaba Complex™ Firming Eye Serum along with Rodan and Fields Lash Boost. I always treat my lips at night with either Aquaphor or CLINIQUE Moisture Surge™ Lip Hydro-Plump Treatment 0.33 oz/ 10 mL

@jenner18 What a great routine! I am sure your skin is happy 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Wow, @jenner18, such a colorful and amazing line up!!

@haleyvvvv Thanks! It might look a little intense but I love my options 🙂 Taking care of your skin is so important! 

No, no, I love it, @jenner18!! My routines are definitely similar in scope. I just really loved how colorful and pretty and complete it is, truly amazing!

This my current morning routine. My skin has been super dry lately, so I'm focusing on using lots of hydrating serums and moisturizers. I've been really loving the LANEIGE - Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer for extra hydration and the Goop powder is actually really tasty. It has a nice, tangerine flavor. 

photo.jpg

This looks like a lovely routine, @PenelopeBT ! Thanks for sharing. How do you like the Amorepacific Time response eye Creme? Do you notice any difference in lines or other signs of aging? 

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

How do you like the skin fix cleanser? I’ve been departing on getting it to try out?

Beautiful lineup, @PenelopeBT!! I just got a sample of that Laneige toner, and its sounds like it is super hydrating and lovely. 

1 Reply
testing