Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I switched up my skincare a bit to try out some Wander beauty products.  The cleanser is foaming.  I was anxious at first cause I associate foam with harsh cleaners but it didn’t strip my skin at all.  The mist reminds me of the scent of the spa.  Sorry I can’t be more descriptive.  Herbally maybe? The mist is heavier but sprays evenly.  The face oil is awesome!   It’s light and feels wonderful on.  Non greasy and leaves a lovely dewy finish to the skin.  I want the full sized.  6D047011-0561-4337-9670-EBAA540F8A28.jpeg

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I can’t speak to any of these products but your display is so pretty 😍 @heartsmyface

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@KehDee  Thank you.  It was a Christmas gift from my mother. 

@heartsmyface is that the pineapple serum in the middle? I had been curious about that. What's the product name again? How do you like it.

@sprocketta @It’s the Glow Recipe Pineapple Bright Serum.  It smells like overripe pineapple but the scent dissipates after a few moments.  This is my third bottle.  I love it.  I want to believe it’s better than other vitamin C serums but I’m not sure if it’s because I just love the scent and bottle so much.  It’s a pleasure to apply regardless. 

@heartsmyface  Great to hear the Wander products were good!! I’ve been waiting to hear how they work!

@ather  My dry skin is pleased by them.  They’re nothing revolutionary but they’re good and leave your skin feeling comfortable.  

@heartsmyface  That’s good to hear!! Has it been very dry where you are?? We are expecting 5-10 cm of snow 😱 I think it was 20 cm when I checked Friday but it’s changed. 

@ather 

I thought the snow was in Manitoba? I didn’t know it was in AB. So strange. The weather where I am in Canada is much like Hearts, Cherry Blossoms ready to bloom. It’s been in the mid teens but a bit rainy some days. 

@GG84  Sooo lucky!!! We had a snow fall warning on Monday. And it snowed all day Sunday too. I am so ready for my tulips to come up already. It’s been sooo cold here too. I want summer 😭 Hope you are staying safe and healthy!! 

@ather @Sorry i haven’t been on in a while.  We’ve had beautiful sunny weather the last few days.  The cherry blossoms are in full bloom and our magnolia trees are about to blossom.  I think they may be open by tomorrow.  I feel like a cat watching them slowly progress.  That’s the sign of true boredom- watching flowers bloom. 😏1DA0F00F-0B4C-4793-BB75-775C7BA27075.jpeg

@heartsmyface  Omg. It looks so beautiful there. I don’t blame you for being MIA I would be too if the weather was that nice. I try and take my little guy out every day for a walk just to get out of the house but it’s been so cold lately we can only stay out for 5 mins. And we keep getting more snow. 😱 hopefully we get warmer weather soon!!! Take care!! Enjoy some of the beautiful trees Nd blossoms for me!

@ather   Ugh yeah i don’t miss the prairies at all.  I bet that five minutes feels awesomely refreshing though.  Do you have enough snow for toboggan rides?  I feel like snow has its own benefits- like the hot chocolaté when you come in!  

haha, you can try grabbing a bucket of snow and bring it indoors for less uncomfortable play in the sink;).  bury some hotwheels in it and dig them out;)   
Today is a work day.  Pressure washing the moss off the laneway.  Dirty work but satisfying cause it’s at least something to do.  I’ll be sure to go out back and check on their progress throughout the day. 

@heartsmyface   We did have enough for toboggan rides!! It’s actually all melted now!! We had a really nice day yesterday! Today is cold again. I just can’t wait for nice days where we can it least go for walks!! That’s a great idea to bring snow in. My Dayhome brought snow in and used food colouring and it looked fun! I will definitely try that next year. Unless we get more snow this year!! Hope your laneway looks good after all the work you did!! 

Such a pretty line up! So glad you're liking the Wander Beauty kit, @heartsmyface!! The smell of the spray is odd? I got one in a kit and had to stop using because it was like stale flowers? Maybe I had a bad one, but I'd be curious to hear a bit more about the smell. I've come around on the oil, so nice to hear it is working so well for you too!

@haleyvvvv I feel like it smells specifically like dried roses. Yeah they definitely infused the spray with dried rose petals.  It’s not the worst scent but I do like rose waters that smell as though they’ve been made with fresh petals.  I’ll still enjoy it.  

Glad you're enjoying it, @heartsmyface!!

with all the quiet, inside, non-shopping time, I've been going through my stuff and tried a bunch of new things the other day!  (in addition to my go-to's; PHILOSOPHY - The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash and dermae radiance toner)

newbies:

kiehl's cannabis cleanser

too cool for school mastic serum, cream and balm

crepe erase eye cream

herbivore emerald cbd oil

skin was so smooth, and I noticed w/the too cool products, that they didn't pill like usual when I put a bunch of stuff on (yay!)...I wonder if that's cuz they were in the same line?

SundaySunday

Close upClose up

Monday amMonday am

Monday nightMonday night

Tues amTues am

Tuesday afternoon/nightTuesday afternoon/night

So at this point I cant really tell if the Becca is working well w my skin or it’s that’s i haven’t worn makeup in 4 days or  the reduction of exposure to  environmental pollution🤔😄

Just wanted to say the Peach Sake is such a cool bottle @SAlyFitz!

Skin type, concerns, weather:  
Spoiler
My mostly-dry combo skin is trying to deal with Chicago’s springtime transitional weather mood swings. My oily zone (just on and around my nose) has been dehydrated for a couple weeks, hence the repeated flaking there—so I’m focused on hydration boosts in that zone, plus occlusive moisturization in the flaky areas. 
Yesterday I had to go out and forage for food and supplies. I hadn’t slept in 24 hours, which made for a more interesting social-distancing shopping experience. 😄 Here’s yesterday morning’s routine. 

Products used in clockwise order, starting with Sephora Dragonfruit Lip Scrub.Products used in clockwise order, starting with Sephora Dragonfruit Lip Scrub.
Details: 
Spoiler
Lip care: My routine started with Sephora Dragonfruit Lip Scrub, which I washed off in the shower. Later, I applied Glossier Bubblewrap as a lip essence. At the end of this routine, I applied Aquaphor Ointment. 

Wash: Paula’s Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Toner. I pressed 2 layers into my dehydrated oily area, with a thin layer of plain ol’ water pressed in between them. 

Spot treatment: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel, used only on acne spots.  

Serums: NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. Farmacy Very Cherry Bright everywhere but my lids and brow bones. Then I used YTTP Adaptogen Mist as a hydrating/moisturizing serum. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, topped with YTTP Superfood moisturizer. Then I applied a thin layer of Aquaphor Ointment to the dehydrated patches of my oily zone, to act as an occlusive moisturizer.  

Sunscreen: Replenix Sheer Physical Sunscreen Cream SPF 50+, a new-to-me sunscreen. Unfortunately it left a white cast on my face, so I had to apply tinted moisturizer and powder foundation to fully cover it up. Very much not the sort of thing I wanted to do while operating on zero sleep. 😡 This will be a body-only sunscreen from now on. 
When I returned home, I had to stay awake long enough to receive a delivery. I decided to get all that makeup off my face while I waited, so I wouldn’t fall asleep in it.  

When you’re too sleepy to give your face the true washing it needs.When you’re too sleepy to give your face the true washing it needs.
Details:
Spoiler
Makeup removal: Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water Cloths. I figured I might as well keep using this opened pack of 10 wipes, plus I wanted to put them to the “full base makeup” test. They passed! 

Moisturizer: The Inkey List Multi-Biotic Moisturizer. This was my first time using it, and it worked perfectly for this super abbreviated routine. It’s a lightweight cream that gave my face just the right amount of moisturization. It has a very slightly sour smell, but that disappears 5 seconds into application. 

Lip care: Fresh Sugar Blood Orange Hydrating Balm. I just got this last week. It smells SOOOOO good. I wish Fresh sold a candle version of this balm. It also tastes pretty good—not quite like a blood orange, but certainly not yucky. Most importantly, it does keep my lips moisturized. 
After that midday wipe-down and my delivery arrival, I laid down for a nap—which turned into a full 6 hour sleep session. 😩 I woke up and then spent the next few hours dozing off and re-waking up every 30-60 minutes. I finally left bed around 1 AM because I remembered “it’s retinol night!” Well, also because I was very hungry: all I’d eaten that day was half a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. 😄 

Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence.  

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. 

Spot treatment: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 9. This new-to-me product is a 9% salicylic acid spot treatment. I’ve been using it only on acne spots at night and man, this stuff gets the job done. 

Serums: The Inkey List Retinol. NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. 

Mask: Holika Holika Watermelon Mask Sheet, for some pampering hydration and moisturization. 

Moisturizer: YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

testing