Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

โญ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Love love LOVE all your post and product picks!

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Boo for not sleeping. Koh Gen Do wipes for the win!  They are my fave. @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  Getting myself back on a โ€œnormalโ€ sleep schedule (haha, normal for me anyway) has been a crazy struggle. Hopefully Iโ€™ll get to bed and actually fall asleep tonight before 6 AM. Iโ€™m worried my brain will forever associate sunrise with sleep mode. 

And seriously, those KGD wipes are fantastic. My wallet still wishes Iโ€™d never tried them, but Iโ€™m glad I stocked up on them during KGDโ€™s last sale. Now itโ€™s just a question of when I can travel again, so I can put them to good use! 

@WinglessOne  oh no, I go through periods like that. My sleep rhythm slowly goes off and I find myself night owling once every two months.  It naturally corrects itself but itโ€™s this permanent sleep disturbance I have.  if itโ€™s stress related, maybe try some calming music.  I know YouTube has some great tracks.  Also the Calm ap is very good.  I have yet to hear an entire story cause they always put me to sleep.  

@heartsmyface  Heh, Iโ€™m a lifelong insomniac: Iโ€™ve been a night owl since childhood. Itโ€™s why my internal sleep clock is set to 4-6 hours of sleep a night, where โ€œnightโ€ is normally the early morning hours (2-4 AM through 6-8 AM). And I go through 2-3 day periods of sleeplessness or just 1-2 hours of sleep; thatโ€™s something Iโ€™ve cycled through since my late teens, though it gets worse (happens more frequently, and sometimes for more days at a time) depending on my stress level and GAD activity. 

But now my usual 4-6 hours have abnormally shifted to 7-8 AM through 1-2 PM and itโ€™s driving me nuts. Itโ€™s definitely stress and anxiety related, but also routine related: my former employer and I parted ways last year, so Iโ€™ve had no structured schedule to hold myself to. This self-quarantining business isnโ€™t helping at all. I think I need to force myself back on an activity schedule of some sort. Thatโ€™ll be easier once I can safely leave home daily. 

Music is a good idea that, unfortunately, rarely works as a sleep aid for me. Music is a big part of my life, so it usually keeps me awake. Reading also has the opposite effect on me for similar reasons. I have very sensitive hearing, so listening to people talk sometimes keeps me awakeโ€”usually if I notice a specific speech characteristic they have (maybe theyโ€™re very nasally while pronouncing certain vowels, or they make pronounced breathing sounds as they speak, or they do lots of tongue clicking as they speak, etc.) and my brain fixates on it. Noise/sound machines/apps sometimes work, depending on the mix of soundsโ€”and the same sound doesnโ€™t consistently work on me. I wonโ€™t take Rx sleep meds; I had a very bad experience with one years ago. OTC meds/supplements are very hit or miss for me. Iโ€™m quite the challenge when it comes to breaking insomnia, as my doc would say. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Omg I can imagine to dent to the wallet!  Good luck on getting back to a better sleep schedule.  ๐Ÿ˜Š @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne  Iโ€™m sorry you havenโ€™t been able to sleep much. Hopefully lots of sleep will come your way soon!! How did you make out getting supplies? I love the detail in your routine. Itโ€™s so helpful. Did you participate in the singing in Chicago? I saw it on the news and it made me smile!!

@ather  I didnโ€™t take part in the singalong, but I heard some of it! That was pretty awesome.

My foraging adventure got me ice cream (priorities, man :D), soy milk (Iโ€™m so glad itโ€™s back in stock!), cereal, 1 of the last 2 bags of frozen Cali-blend veggies (I hate being a shelf clearer, so I left a bag behind for someone else in need), baby wipes, Excedrin, Q-tips, my favorite leave-in conditioner, peanut butter, RX Bars (protip: spread peanut butter on certain RX Bar flavors), and a few other things Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™m forgetting right now. Luckily Iโ€™m not out of toilet paper yet, because thatโ€™s still missing from shelves. My freezerโ€™s always stocked with fish, poultry, and fake meat (I love Gardein Beefless Ground), and I keep my pantry full of noodles, rice, steel cut oats, grits, and tortilla chips, so Iโ€™m good there. I really miss having fresh veggies and fruit, though. I wish I had my own garden (and that temps were garden favorable) right about now. I hope youโ€™re doing well and not suffering too badly from cabin fever! 

@WinglessOne  Aww thatโ€™s awesome you heard it!!! 

i agree ice cream is a priority! Sadly there was none when I went shopping today. Still no toilet paper no hand sanitizer or Lysol wipes. Oh well I have antibacterial hand soap!!! I love that you didnโ€™t take the last bag. Iโ€™ve been still maintaining my weekly grocery shopping. I need to because my little man drinks milk so it runs out every week! At the store today they had signs saying not to hoard because trucks come in every day. But there was no rice or pasta still. Oh well if all the food disappeared I have flour and yeast so I can make bread!!! Iโ€™ve never had an RX bar before I may have to find some. I wonder if it would taste good with the cookie butter on top? 

@ather  Heh, the real question is, what doesnโ€™t taste better with cookie butter on top? Thatโ€™s something Iโ€™m still out of, unfortunately. I didnโ€™t go to Trader Joeโ€™s during my last foraging run, but I plan to this week. I need my cookie butter! ๐Ÿ˜„ Sure, I could order it online, but I feel weird about doing that when thereโ€™s a TJโ€™s within walking distance. I just hope theyโ€™re not OOS. 

If you run out of antibacterial hand soap, remember than anything containing sulfates works perfectly fine for washing hands. ๐Ÿ˜‰ That includes shampoos and body washes that contain sulfates. Iโ€™m sure some non-sulfate things also work well. Shampoo is also good for cleaning makeup brushes (especially synthetic) and sponges. It might just take extra water rinsing to get all the suds out of the bristles. 

And hooray for homemade bread! 

@WinglessOne  I was lucky enough to get a sweet package from @itsfi  and it included some cookie butter. I have just been eating it out of the jar with a spoon and my son has decided he loves it too. We are sanitary tho we use a new spoon every dip. 

3969A9B5-CF70-43BB-8D74-671DFA45824C.jpeg

@ather what an angel!!! 

@lmaster  Thank you!! 

@ather   Cookie butter owns my soul.   I am fully stocked up on three varieties of it thanks to a few lovely ladies here.   I store it on the highest shelf in the cupboard so I have to think about my actions before gorging on it.  Just writing about it makes me want it.  Adorable that you have a little cookie butter buddy.  (That gorgeous hair๐Ÿ˜

@heartsmyface  Aww the ladies on here are the sweetest!!  Thatโ€™s smart to put it up high. I had it on my counter and my son saw it and had a spoon and pointed at it so we had to give him more and hide it!! His hair is actually super curly I washed it the night before so it gets wild the next day! I just canโ€™t bring myself to get it cut! 

@ather  Aw, what a wonderful gift from @itsfi ! Iโ€™m also guilty of eating cookie butter straight from the jar. ๐Ÿ˜„ And your son is adorable! 

Looping this back on topic: a speculoos scented mask or moisturizer would be wonderful. Probably not the best thing for skin, depending on how strong the fragrance is and whether any essential oils drive it, but still! 

@WinglessOne   Wait, is there any other way to eat it?  

@WinglessOne  Thanks!! Yes they totally should!! It reminds me of cookies my grandma use to make. I could definitely use a mask or moisturizer with this scent!! 

@ather @WinglessOne, the best way to eat or use cookie butter is with a spoon! ๐Ÿ˜‹ In my mind at least. Itโ€™s just soooo good. @ather, your little guy is just so precious! Adorable! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Thank you for the tips about the sulfates, @WinglessOne. That might come in handy ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nice line ups, @WinglessOne!! I'm sorry about the being up for 24 hr. Also, boo to sunscreens that leave a white cast! The Fresh balm sounds delicious though!

testing