Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

My skin loves nightamins it plays well w most other products I use, I only really skip after some sort of acid/peel as my second to last step. I feel like it keeps me moisturized, my skin remains decently hydrated and a bit fresh (not quite glowy)☺️

Skin Type: Dehydrated-dry

Weather: Highs = low 60s; Lows = low-mid 40's; cool; rain some days but mostly partly cloudy

Skin Concerns: dryness; some PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation)

I’ve been using this evening routine once per week this month.274D62D0-3FD8-4FF7-A70B-2CA34F4EFF94.jpeg

Spoiler

And this has been my morning routine most days this monthB4438DC7-B671-4C2A-B1F2-576CDED7B01A.jpeg

Spoiler

Such great line ups, @itsfi!! I'm eager to try the Farmacy Glow product, nice to hear it's been working for you and that its gentler. The DDG Hyaluronic acid also looks great!

@haleyvvvv, I still feel the tingles from the Farmacy but it’s of the degree and duration that I expect from an AHA product and I really like that it’s not harsh on the skin. 

I was surprised by how much I like the DDG hyaluronic acid. I’m about halfway through the bottle. I need to do a comparison / test with that at the TO marine hyaluronics. I have the TO; just need to remember to do that comparison. 

@itsfi I'd be interested to hear about that comparison!! Thank you for the info!!

Testing out some new products todayIMG_0591.jpg

Such a pretty line up, @averylayne!! Hope these products work well!!

thanks @haleyvvvv ...loving these new items so far! the hydration is 👍🏼

A lesson in dermaplaning; note the FARMACY - HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids Perfect prior to any, a hazard afterwards.
FEB936EA-113B-47F2-93F7-BD28776040D4.jpeg

Spoiler

@eshoe I almost bought STACKEDSKINCARE - Dermaplaning Toolbut then I saw the thread on here about dermaplaning nightmares and it scared me!

Yeah I love how effective it is, @averylayne - but it’s way more robust than what I need🤷🏻‍♀️ I was contemplating the BEAUTYBIO - GloPRO® Microneedling Facial Regeneration Tool but decided on a $20 manual version. It works well enough for me!

@eshoe I've had eyes on the glopro for a while...missed out on my opportunity when they were 30% off! now I can't bring myself to buy it knowing that I couldn't gotten it for much cheaper 😅

Oh no, @eshoe, such a dreaded dermaplanar 😵😱😣 Hope your skin feels better sooner!!

@haleyvvvv It’s a lesson learned. The difference between a disposable and a non-disposable dermaplaning tool is significant. The STACKEDSKINCARE - Dermaplaning Tool gives so much more physical exfoliation than the disposable. Not sure it’s something I need, and for the price difference, I probably could have stuck with the Shiseido. Again...lesson learned! If it works, let it be😄

@eshoe oh no!! Hey but you have youthful skin 😆 good ol husbands

Yep he kept looking at me saying how  great my skin looked @lmaster I don’t get it but I’ll take it lol

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Hope your skin feels better soon!!!

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Thank you @idanyd, it’s better now but ugh the learning curve on skincare can be so challenging 😂

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Hello, I have oily skin and I do break out a lot. Here is my routine,maybe it will work for you: 1. Oil Control Cleanser from Olehenriksen 2. Toner (I use different toners every day I have the rose water and tree tea oil toner from Lush and also the oil balancing toner and dark spotstoner from Olehenriksen) 3. Serum (Currently using Glow Recipe Pineapple Serum un the morning and Olehenriksen Vitamin C serum at night) 4. Eye cream (Banana Bright Eye Cream from Olehenriksen) 5. Moisturizer (Glow Recipe Watermelon Lightweight ir Vitamin C booster from The Body Shop) And that’s basically my skin care routine. 5 steps, my oil is under control, the redness of my cheeks have improve and I don’t break out as often. Honestly the Vitamin C products have made wonders for my skin.

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

@GeorginaXimena love OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crème! That banana powder pigment is everything! Have you tried OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

Re: RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Such a colorful routine with so many great products, @GeorginaXimena! Glad you found a routine that works for you.

1 Reply
testing