Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

RE: Skincare Routine of the Day

Looks like an awesome routine!

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

First, hope you and family are safe and hunkered down.

everything started closing down where I am so we are all home. I was trying to be sensible and not hoard supplies and now might have to get into panic mode for toilet paper 😂😂 it’s mind blowing to see empty shelves all the way for paper products and cleaning supplies. Feels like no one was cleaning until this happened. 

hope it goes into contained state and then die down soon. 

tonight’s routine - 

Used DE TLC today after quite a bit of gap (2+ week). Much less tingling than usual so my skin must be in pretty good shapeUsed DE TLC today after quite a bit of gap (2+ week). Much less tingling than usual so my skin must be in pretty good shape

@naturalooks15 seeing the empty aisles is unsettling...it's like zombie apocalypse!  glad you're still practicing self care though, great line up!

Great routine! I've heard so many great things about the Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and am really interested in trying it, since I've been really into facial oils lately. 

I didn’t get a chance to post for last few days but was doing minimal routine except for one Retinol night.

Skin - but on dry side as I have been doing bare minimum; weather - too much fluctuations this week; from 60s to snow to rain
today morning: TO Marine Hyaluronics, mix of B-Hydra+Protini+Squalane, DE Umbra Tinte ( was in rush, didn’t take a pic)

Tonight : L-R in the pic. I used the Drunk Elephant Bamboo Booster that coms with Slaai for the first time ever (Been using Slaai 2-3xweek since it came out) and was reminded instantly why I don’t like physical exfoliatnt. It’s not as fine grained as I imagined. I used it as felt I had too much dead skin on my top layer (with no chemical exfoliation in last 4-5 days); I did like the result but at the same time my skin was bit red, right cheek but roughened up. I need to be more gentle next time I try it but if similar results after that I might just not use it. 
compared to Wishful Yo Glow AHA & BHA Facial Enzyme Scrub 3.38 oz/ 100 mL; DE bamboo booster is harsher. Tatcha rice polish is most gentle with hardly any gritty feeling. Medium is Wishful and Bamboo booster is full on physical scrub. It did take off my flakes though. 
Sun NightSun Night

Thanks for the product review! It sounds like that bamboo DE would not be the best for my skin. @naturalooks15 

Nice line ups, @naturalooks15!! I'm sorry the DE was too harsh for you!!

Thanks  @haleyvvvv 

I often forget the Tatcha is even an exfoliant, it’s so gentle, @naturalooks15. Sorry the DE Bamboo Booster didn’t work so well for you. I can only imagine how the OH Walnut scrub would be for you😳

Yeah my tolerance level for physical exfoliants is pretty low @eshoe  & @l8totheparty  I have let esthetician (not so great ones) use it on my face years ago when my gut feeling was to stop them but was just too shy/ hesitant to say anything and endured some damage. 

Saturday morning finished up the caudalie which I would use again but not purchaseSaturday morning finished up the caudalie which I would use again but not purchase

BC81EF0D-B9ED-405C-97F8-97C5CD2CD960.jpeg

Sunday morning jus tried farmacy vitamin c for the first time!Sunday morning jus tried farmacy vitamin c for the first time!

@SAlyFitz the peach sake smells so good but darn did it clog my pores bad and made me so oily

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Wow amazing products! I have to ask how did you find the peach sake one? @SAlyFitz

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

im not sure it makes much a difference...i wont repurchase it - unfortunately i dont really have details about it i just continue to use it after i use a hydrating toner as an essence

Nice line up, @SAlyFitz!! That Caudalie serum is so good!

i did like it i just didnt loveeeeee it lol do you loveee it and why?

Fair, fair, @SAlyFitz! I use it for hydrating, so a bit different than what it's supposed to do, but I like it better than other hydrating serums I've tried so far.

How do you like the Pixi Mist, @SAlyFitz? It looks like it would be great for dry skin!

the mist is okay...i wont repurchase it honestly i cant really tell about anti aging properties but as far as hydration i really prefer the mario badescu mists so far in my journey!

This morning’s routine was a bit unusual: I finally tested one of the Frudia toners. 

Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.
Notes: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Toner. Since I love the Frudia pom sheet mask, I bought the toner when I recently saw it at a TJ Maxx. It’s lightly scented with a pleasant pom-like fragrance that doesn’t trigger a sneezing fit. Its texture reminds me a lot of the pom sheet mask serum and it was easy to spread on my face. It sunk into my skin faster than I expected and left it feeling lightly moisturized. And it played nice with everything I applied over it. I like it! But I’ll need to use it a few more times before passing final judgment. 

Lip care: Glossier Bubblewrap, which I use each morning as a lip serum. I always give it time to sink into my lips before topping it with Aquaphor. This morning I remembered to use my sunscreen lip balm, Supergoop Acai Fusion SPF 30. Yes, that’s 3 lip products. 😄 My dry lips need them. 

Serums: NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. Since I didn’t use e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence (my usual main source of daily niacinamide), I mixed Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster with Farmacy Very Cherry Bright vitamin C serum and applied the mixture everywhere except my lids and brow bones. I gave that a few minutes to sink into my skin before spritzing YTTP Adaptogen Mist everywhere as a pre-moisturizer hydrating serum. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood moisturizer. 

Sunscreen: Dr. Dennis Gross Sheer Mineral Sun Spray. I have finally found my perfect mineral sunscreen! It’s super easy to apply to my face (just spray into hands first) and blend out. It’s completely invisible: zero white cast on my deep skin tone. It feels greasy at first but settles into kind of a natural, slightly radiant finish, and it doesn’t gunk up my beloved Chikuhodo Z-4 during blush application. Best of all, I can use it all around my eyes with no irritation! Gonna stock up on this stuff. 

I’m told there’s a cheaper version of this sunscreen, using the same spray mechanism, made by a different company. I’ll try to track that down and see how similar the ingredients are. I also need to find out if there’s a travel or DS size of the DDG sunscreen, because the FS bottle’s too big for my carry-on and I never check bags at airports unless absolutely necessary. 
Last night I noticed flaking in my oily zone. That’s either a bad reaction to something or a dehydration SOS. I curated this PM routine to cover both bases, despite it being a retinol night. Omitted my planned AHA exfoliation last night so as not to worsen the flaking. 

Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.
Details:
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Sephora Dragonfruit Lip Scrub, used as an exfoliating lip mask and wiped off after I removed the sheet mask. Later I applied Aquaphor, which I topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. 

Serums: The Inkey List Retinol on my whole face (excluding eyelids and brow bones). NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. 

Masks: Farmskin Superfood Salad Green Tea Soothing Mask to hydrate and calm my skin. At the end of this routine, I applied Laneige Cica Sleeping Mask (received as gratis from Sephora) for an additional dose of skin soothing and a moisturization boost. 

Spot treatment: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel, applied only to acne areas. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 
While I’m at it, here’s last Saturday night’s routine, featuring a new-to-me product and my favorite sheet mask. 

I do want to use up that PC retinol DS, just so I can reuse the airless pump bottle with a different product for travel purposes.I do want to use up that PC retinol DS, just so I can reuse the airless pump bottle with a different product for travel purposes.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence.  

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. 

Exfoliant: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution, applied only to my jawline and oily zone. 

Serums: Finally tried Paula’s Choice RESIST Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum, having finished my second tube of The Inkey List Retinol. I opened my DS of the Paula’s Choice retinol knowing it’s just 0.1% strength. (By comparison, The Inkey List claims their retinol serum is 1% retinol + 0.5% granactive (HPR) retinoid.) The PC retinol serum is a silky oily texture that’s easy to overapply if you’re used to thicker retinol serums. It felt greasy all over my face—including all my dry zones—for the 10 minutes I gave it to sink in. I’m not crazy about the greasiness, but this serum played nice with everything I applied over it, and my face wasn’t an oil slick the next morning. But it’s not something I’d use instead of TIL Retinol. 

After that retinol serum, I applied NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. 

Mask: The OOZOO Water-Bang Hydrating Mask. When it comes to hydration, no sheet mask beats this one as far as my skin’s concerned. I keep my mask bin well stocked with Water-Bang. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

Oohhh @WinglessOne I have a purple frudia toner and it smells so good!!!

testing