Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Winter nighttime skincare

1. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

2. KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser 5.07 oz/ 150 mL - mine is the old version, not sure if they just changed the packaging or if it's been reformulated

3. tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mL 2x per week

4. Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Mist 4.0 oz/ 120 mL

5. Vichy Minéral 89 Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid - this stuff is amazing

6. The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL

7. KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

8. Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Winter morning skincare

1. Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Mist 4.0 oz/ 120 mL - same as nighttime

2. Vichy Minéral 89 Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid - same as nighttime

3. THE ORDINARY - Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

4. ORIGINS - GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff

5. Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

6. Elta MD sunscreen

@Anonymous What do you love so much about the Vichy 89?  I was thinking about trying it so as to increase my HA.  I tried a little at Ulta from a sample and it was all right.  I'm looking for something rather weightless feeling.  What do you think?

I thought I saw someone else post a bottle of Vichy 89 on this thread, but went back 12 or so pages and couldn't find it.  IDK if I'm mistaken or missed it.

@goomah829 that Origins eye cream has been one of my all-time favorites, it works so well. I’ve been using The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL as a neck cream, thanks to a suggestion from @makeitup305. About ready to restock!

Lots of nice products in your routines @Anonymous! The Herbivore mist is so refreshing. 💖

I’ve made a couple of changes to my AM and PM routines. For AM I added in the CosRx essence, Charlotte Tilbury magic cream, and Glow recipe lip pop. For PM I added in Herbivore Bakuchiol serum and I am loving it so far!

AMAM

PMPM

@faeriegirl  What did you use before the cosrx? I just got the cosrx. What’s your thoughts??

@ather  I haven’t regularly used an essence but in the past I’ve tried SKII, Tatcha, and one from Volition. My favorite of those 3 was definitely the Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL. They are just so expensive so I got the CosRx one. So far I really like it. It is thick but if I use it when my face is slightly damp it goes on better. I don’t think it is as good as the Tatcha but for the price it works good enough.

@faeriegirl  I have been using the skII for the past 5 years.  I have tried the tatcha as well. But I was recommended to try this one. I don’t mind it I only have been using it a few days so I’ll have to see what I think. 

Hmmm....I may have to try this one! @faeriegirl 

How have you liked the Cosrx so far @faeriegirl ?

I really like it @missjeanie. It does feel a bit thick so I like to apply it when my face is slightly damp and it goes on so much better. It’s definitely one I would repurchase.

@faeriegirl Oooh can’t wait to hear about your bakuchiol journey 😊 I’m just beginning to stop tiptoe-ing around it, it’s nice. Especially since I often forget to use it at night, and don’t have to worry about skin sensitivity.

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Those Drunk Elephant bottles are just so aesthetically pleasing 😍

@faeriegirl  Looks like such an awesome routine !! 

Glad to hear Herbivore Bakuchiol is working well for you @faeriegirl. I’m thinking about incorporating it into my routine this week or next.

Yesterday. Skin: normal.

Daytime, I started with:

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL because I fell asleep in my makeup! 😯

and then:

AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque because I missed my Friday exfoliation. I love this and every time I use it I'm impressed! My skin felt sooo smooth ❤ it is gentle yet incredibly effective.  I have been using peel pads or serums lately for my exfoliating, but this is a noticeable difference that I notice more than the serums or peel pads (honeymoon glow, DE Frambois, Sephora peel pads).  The Amorepacific peel powder comes close!  Anyone have an AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque dupe?

Folowed by:

SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mL

SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion Toner 5.4 oz

THE ORDINARY - buffet 

SK-II - R.N.A. POWER Anti-Aging Face Cream

The evening I was so tired so I didn't face mask, however I used these products:SK-II essence in the bottleSK-II essence in the bottle

I'm really enjoying the Algenist GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief 1.35 oz/ 40 mL from the Sephora gratis as it is quite moisturizing (I used it around my eyes as well), and when I wake up my skin is calm and feels very moisturized, without leaving a greasy feel in the morning. 

The Algenist seems like a lovely product, @l8totheparty. I’ve only tried a couple of their products but they have both performed well. 

Let us know if you find a dupe for the AP masque @l8totheparty.

Will do, @itsfi ! It is such a wonderful mask.

Last night I was VERY sleepy, thanks to an unintentional all-nighter and exacerbated by a full day of walking and shopping around town. By the time I got home, I was ready to crash hard. Didn’t think I’d get my PM routine done beyond maybe a face wipe and moisturizer. So I’m shocked I managed to do all this to my face last night! 

Pretty sure I sleepwalked through some of this routine. :DPretty sure I sleepwalked through some of this routine. 😄
Details: 
Spoiler
Makeup removal: Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover. 

Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Sephora Dragonfruit lip scrub, which I’d never tried before. I already have the honey version but my lips hate it, so I’m trying the dragonfruit and kiwi versions. I bought the honey one sometime last year because I wanted a scrub in stick form for travel purposes. The dragonfruit one works much better for me: it doesn’t dry my lips out. 🙂 I did still apply Aquaphor later (after rinsing off a mask) and topped it at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. 

Exfoliant: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution, applied only to my jawline. I also used it on my neck for good measure. 

Mask: Sephora Collection Spirulina Mask Stick. I’d never tried any of these mask sticks before. Wasn’t going to bother with a mask at all last night (too sleepy) until I realized this one would only take 5 minutes. I didn’t account for needing to rinse it all off over the sink, and the fragrance was kind of annoying. 😄 But hey, I managed to get a mask in last night! 

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum under my eyes, followed by NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. I’ll also count CosRx Advanced Snail 96 essence here as a post-mask essence/serum, followed by YTTP Adaptogen Mist for pre-moisturizer hydration. I’m slowly getting used to the slime juice! 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 

@WinglessOne  I just got the cosrx as well. It’s taking me time to get use to it. But I think it makes my face feel good!!

testing