Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Aww thank you, @2manyperfumes! So much easier to keep clean than the canvas mat I was using for pics;)

@eshoe  Lots of awesome products!!!

Thanks @ather it tends to get a little blurry sometimes, so much to try at once:)

This is such a lovely photo! I just sampled the Ren Jelly Cleanser and love the soft texture. I've been really into jelly type skincare and makeup products lately. <333

Thank you, @PenelopeBT, isn't the REN consistency great? It's one of the nicest and gentlest cleansers I've used in awhile. 

The Ordinary has some nice skincare products @eshoe and there seems to be a good fan base for that acid toner. Just have to be mindful about over exfoliation, especially if that's something that you're prone to.

Thank you for the heads up, @itsfi; the instructions say ok for daily use (just not more than once a day) so I took that as an ‘all clear’ to use it nightly. I appreciate your input as I do have a tendency to bring too many exfoliants at one time to my skin. I will definitely scale back on this one, alternating with a gentler toner so I don’t cause unnecessary damage to my skin:)

I've often wondered about these glycolic acid washes that say 'good for everyday use'. Are they really??

@eshoe @itsfi 

I’m not sure myself, @l8totheparty, but I did heed @itsfi’s words and cut back to every other night. Especially as I am using the Rodial Vitamin C which has glycolic, salicylic and lactic acids 2-3 times a week in the daytime. And have a tendency to over exfoliate through my masking. I haven’t experienced any issues with it, and could maybe work up to nightly once my skin adjusts to it. I like acids in a toner because I feel like it’s shorter-lived on my skin than with a mask or cream, but that theory has absolutely no scientific basis;)

@eshoe, if your skin can handle using the TO nightly, that’s great. 👍🏼 My skin is sensitive and I’m never certain how it will respond to daily use of an acid or how it will respond if I’m rotating through several different acids until I’ve introduced it into a routine so I don’t typically take anything as an ‘all clear’ until I’ve (slowly) tested it out because experience has sadly taught me that healing skin that has been over-exfoliated isn’t fun. 😔

4F1A4740-2F6B-47E3-8A83-DE24F9FEB128.jpeg

Removed eye makeup with Bioderma. Then cleansed with Elemis and Korres. The Elemis is ok, liked the rose on better. Overall don’t think they are worth the $$. Korres is nice but feels a bit drying, which is disappointing. But will finished it up. Then used TULA mask. Really liked it, skin was plump and happy. Used the fresh cream on neck. Retinol serum and topped with drunk elephant that I transferred to an airtight container. Not shown eye cream belif Eye bomb. 

@jen81  Such a great idea to put your sample in a pump container 

@jen81 @Like you and @eshoe @the Bioderma is my go to eye makeup remover too. Simple and effective! 
Did your Drunk elephant not come in an airless pump? 

@missjeanie   I deported Two deluxe jars into airless pump! 

Makes so much more sense @jen81 !  I was wondering if they'd changed packaging.

Your results from TULA mask sound lovely @jen81! 😍 Plump, happy skin? Yes, please!

@jen81 Yes that Elemis Rose is so much better than the regular (which reminds me of a soothing cold remedy). Also with you in the Korres, I loved it but over time my skin needed something less drying even though this is a gentle cleanser. Hope to hear more about the TULA!

Nice! @jen81 Thanks for sharing!

After using up a whack of samples last month, I'm excited to bust into some of the newness I've picked up over the last month!

I did a gentle cleanse with the HH aloe cleanser, then did a scrub with the Skinfood jam.  It really does smell like jam!  I put this into my shower and think I might use it daily/every other day.  The Versed products were ones that I'm super anxious to get some use out of and see how they perform.  The brightening serum felt nice going on.  The sample is the Farmacy cherry eye cream, it seemed ok so far.  The Versed Vitamin C powder seems like a cool concept, I mixed the Vitamin C and the Hyaluronic Acid into my Dr. Jart Ceramidin.  The HA serum was super runny.  My skin looked good this morning and had no adverse effects.  So far so good.I did a gentle cleanse with the HH aloe cleanser, then did a scrub with the Skinfood jam. It really does smell like jam! I put this into my shower and think I might use it daily/every other day. The Versed products were ones that I'm super anxious to get some use out of and see how they perform. The brightening serum felt nice going on. The sample is the Farmacy cherry eye cream, it seemed ok so far. The Versed Vitamin C powder seems like a cool concept, I mixed the Vitamin C and the Hyaluronic Acid into my Dr. Jart Ceramidin. The HA serum was super runny. My skin looked good this morning and had no adverse effects. So far so good.My body routine last night.  The Scrub... dang it smells amazing.  I just love the bumbum scent.  The Kiehl's is so meh as a sleep mask, that I took @eshoe's advice and used it on my elbows.  I'll keep doing this till I use up the little jar.  The Dewytree hydrating honey smells great and while it can take a hot minute to absorb I don't mind it.  I'll gladly use up the tub.My body routine last night. The Scrub... dang it smells amazing. I just love the bumbum scent. The Kiehl's is so meh as a sleep mask, that I took @eshoe's advice and used it on my elbows. I'll keep doing this till I use up the little jar. The Dewytree hydrating honey smells great and while it can take a hot minute to absorb I don't mind it. I'll gladly use up the tub.This is a product I haven't used yet.  I was going to last night, but I'm unsure of how to.  The instructions say to apply to a clean face free of products and leave on overnight.  But like... do I not add a moisturizer over top?  Help BIC... tell me what to do?This is a product I haven't used yet. I was going to last night, but I'm unsure of how to. The instructions say to apply to a clean face free of products and leave on overnight. But like... do I not add a moisturizer over top? Help BIC... tell me what to do?

@missjeanie I'm looking into the Versed HA.  You mentioned it was runny.  How did it absorb?  I'm looking for something lightweight.  🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 The first time I tried it I found that it absorbed so fast that I had to keep putting more in my hand to get it onto my face.  It doesn't have any viscosity to it. After that I've been using it mixed in with my moisturizer so that I can get it onto my skin better.  I don't mind using it this way, so it's okay for me, but it's worth noting for anyone to be careful with how they're going to use it. 

3 Replies
testing