Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@itsfi  I’ve been tempted to see if it will be included in the sale. 

Thanks for displaying the inner side of the DDG, @itsfi. Looks high tech and fancy enough to impute some skin goodness!

Yeah @eshoe, the mask has a futuristic look and feel to it - skincare and technology intersect. 😀

@itsfi It looks so cool! So future fashion, I love it! Thank you for the look! I'm so glad it is working for you!!

@haleyvvvv, now I just need to work on being consistent with using it. 😉 

I really like your routine! I'm curious about the LED mask, I'm wondering, do you like it and does it help with hyperpigmentation?

Thank you @MaddyJ8! 😃 I’ve been using it more consistently for a few weeks now and I’ve noticed (or at least I think I have) some changes for the better with my hyperpigmentation - seems to be less prominent and fades more quickly. I think the combo of the LED light and products with vitamin C and alpha arbutin or licorice root has been helpful for me.

Tonight- cross posted from gratis thread since I tried the wishful scrub today. Good first impression. Will see how my skin is tomorrow morning 

F-Balm missingF-Balm missing

Congrats on the gratis, @naturalooks15! Your routine looks so streamlined and nourishing!

Thank you @haleyvvvv 

I did a thing last night and was filled simultaneously with regret and satisfaction. 😄 

Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.Products used in clockwise order, starting with cleanser.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. I also finally bought CosRx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence during an Ulta visit. Decided to use it right before the sheet mask. Pumped it into my hand and thought “huh, that’s not so bad.” Put my finger in the snail puddle and lifted it, and thought “EEEWWW NO IT’S SLIMY OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE.” Played with it a bit to try desensitizing myself, then soldiered on with face application. It’s moisturizing and does make my skin feel nice. But the slime! I simultaneously like and regret this essence. Gonna keep using it to see what longterm results it gives me. 

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. 

Exfoliant: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution, continuing to reduce some stubborn recent acne. I breakout whenever my body’s in virus recovery mode, so I’m not surprised (or amused) by this post-flu acne. 

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum under my eyes, followed by NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate all around my orbital bone. Two things I can say about the NIOD serum after just 3 days of twice-daily use: it quickly unpuffs my eyes and reduces my fat-pad bags. I didn’t expect the latter result at all, so... wow. 

Mask: Creme Shop Cica-Mend Animal Face Mask. I’ve used this mask many times, so I already knew to expect the chin’s adherence problems and too-narrow fit on the bottom half of my face. I keep repurchasing it because it’s a decent cica mask that’s easy to find, plus the tiger print is fun. 

Spot treatment: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel, applied only to acne spots. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer.
Also: I’ve been updating my skincare spreadsheet. Here’s the current version. Since I just bought the slime juice last night, it’s not on this spreadsheet yet. 
Spoiler
EE8EB8A1-1346-485B-8DCB-DB82917EFFE4.jpeg7A422DB8-5983-4C98-94C8-0E7BC8A3B9CD.jpeg122E5E88-4937-4FF3-BC2D-A7326A869542.jpeg
I update this spreadsheet as I rotate products in and out of my routine, usually on a seasonal basis but also whenever I do a longterm test of a new product. 

This spreadsheet 😍😍 @WinglessOne!!

@haleyvvvv  It’s part of a skincare workbook I use to track which products I’ve tried, what did and didn’t work, what ingredients caused bad reactions, etc. There’s also a mask spreadsheet in that workbook but it’s a big mess right now (I’m reorganizing it). 

Most of me hates getting into the minutiae of ingredient and product tracking and cross referencing, and just wants to see the big picture. But part of me likes getting deep into the nitty gritty, hence this workbook. 😄 I’m trying to tweak it to show me more “big picture” views of all this data. What I really need to do is build my own online database (or use some out-of-box db app) for this stuff. Seems like a lot of work for something like skincare, but it’s interesting to me and highly beneficial for my skin. 

So much work, @WinglessOne! it is inspiring! Filling out a database would be a herculean effort, but to be able to more easily search all of that data 😍😮🤩🤯

I definitely understand both hating doing all minutia of this work but also loving it. Especially if you know you have compounds that don't react well together or with your skin, it's so important. Plus if it is interesting to you, it's worth it! 

IMG_6048.jpg

My skin type is acne-prone/sensitive. This is my four-step morning skincare routine. I start with a cleanser to wash off my retinol from the night before. Then I use a calming serum. My eyes are sometimes puffy when I wake up so I use the little eye massaging tool to calm down my baggies. Finally, I put on a tinted moisturizer that has SPF in it for some sunshine protection. 🙂 FLORA + BAST - Age Adapting CBD Serum

@MaddyJ8  Oh, I’m glad to see someone post about the Flora + Bast oil/serum! I’ve been curious about that one, especially since it contains so few ingredients. My mostly-dry and finicky combo skin loves CBD oil but, of course, they’re not all made alike. Is this one weed-stinky at all? 

I love how simple your AM routine is. 🙂 

Thanks @WinglessOne ! It works really well for combo skin imo! It's really cool because of how thin the oil is. So I've gone through I think 6 or 7 bottles of it and each bottle has a slightly different scent but the same effect. Some bottles smell like nothing and others smell very weedish. But the weed smell doesn't linger past a few seconds. 

IMG_6047.jpg

This is my nighttime routine for stressed skin. These products are great if you have hypersensitive skin that leads to acne or rashes. Most of my skincare revolves around my retinol so all the ingredients are very calming and simple. FLORA + BAST - Age Adapting CBD SerumThe Original MakeUp Eraser The Original MakeUp Eraser® Makeup Remover Cloth Pink

Avene and the La Roche Posay Toleriane line are excellent for sensitive or irritated skin @MaddyJ8! 😃

@itsfi Yes totally, I love how simple it is 🙂

Spring is in the air....and so is the pollen! 

Allergy season is supposed to be pretty bad this year. I’ve noticed mine acting up already. For the most part, this is my simple, abbreviated morning routine during allergy season. I rotate or swap out products as I go through them or if my skin needs something different.AM spring allergies.jpeg

Skin Type: Dehydrated-combo leaning dry due to allergies

Weather: it’s been pretty windy which means my allergies are prone to act up more

Current Skin Concerns: dryness around eyes and sides of nose from allergies; some occasional flushed cheeks; slightly oily at nose and chin; dry lips more frequent of late.

Skincare Products

Spoiler

testing