Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@ather  I’m still not up to using it daily, but the slime gets easier to deal with after each use. 😄 I’m glad your skin likes it! 

@WinglessOne  You are right. If it was less slimy I would be able to use it more easily. 

That Herbivore Emerald oil is so nice @WinglessOne! 💚 It does an amazing job of calming redness and hydrating my skin. 

@itsfi  The Emerald CBD Oil has been my favorite since I started using it last October. It definitely helps my inflammation issues. 💚 

In either early 2019 or late 2018, I received a bottle of the non-CBD Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL as gratis from Sephora. Back then, Herbivore listed a mysterious “proprietary blend of pure essential oils” on the ingredients list. Since I didn’t know which essential oils were included, I quit using that product on my face after a couple weeks, I think; it became a body oil, which is how I’ve used it ever since. I see Herbivore has now removed that “proprietary blend” silliness from this product’s ingredients and replaced it with helichrysum (aka immortelle) essential oil. If that’s all the “proprietary” stuff was, I don’t know why they were so opaque about it in the first place... but it makes me wonder if Herbivore quietly reformulated this oil. Hmm. I still won’t be using my “proprietary blend” version on my face. 😄 It’s not as good (for me) as the CBD version anyway. 

@WinglessOne, that's very interesting about Herbivore and the "proprietary blend"; makes me wonder if they were looking to patent their formulation and didn't want to identify the oils in their blend and/or if it was a marketing strategy. Have you tried any of the other CBD-based face oils that Sephora carries? 

@itsfi  The only other one I’ve tried that Sephora sells is LORD JONES - Royal Oil 1000mg Pure CBD Oil: I took advantage of last month’s DS promo. Before getting the DS, I’d smelled a full size bottle and it was suuuuper skunky. 🤢 So I was shocked by the DS’s lack of scent. I think there’s too much grapeseed oil in the DS. (Lord Jones contains only CBD oil and grapeseed oil.) It’s too thick for my skin, especially my oily zone—my nose and the area immediately around it—and that’s a bummer because that’s where some of my redness is. Lord Jones did calm some redness, but it also made my oily zone very greasy. 

The first night I used Lord Jones on my face, I fell asleep in record time: just 7 or 8 minutes, compared to the hour it normally takes. That stuff completely relaxed every muscle in my face. 😄 The second night I tried it, my anxiety brain was unfortunately too spun up for Lord Jones’s relaxing effect to overcome. Oh well. 

@WinglessOne! so impressive (I've definitely sleepwalked through a few nighttime routines, lol). Thanks for the info on the sephora lip scrubs, they've been discussed a few times on here and I think I need to check them out once my current ones are done (or for travel).

Also, slime juice! That description! 🤣🐌

@haleyvvvv  If you try one of the Sephora lip scrubs, I hope you like it! I always feel kinda bad about saying “my skin hates this [honey product]” because honey is something that works wonders for so many other people. I always feel obligated to remind folks that something might be terrible for my particular skin but wonderful for their skin. “Your mileage may vary” sounds cliche, but it’s true. 🙂 

@WinglessOne YMMV is so true, though! It's all about finding what works best for one's skin. I always read people's reviews as this is what works (or doesn't) for that person at that specific time. It's so kind of you to always remind people, it something we should all keep in mind.

PM routine: winter-spring edition PM.jpg

Skin Type: dehydrated-combo leaning dry 

Current Skin Concerns: I'm dealing with some dry patches (mainly around my eyes and nose) from the wind and allergies, and oily chin/jawline area; overall dehydration and a couple of pimples and PIH from old ones. Just livin' the dream here, folks! 😐

Weather: the only thing consistent with the weather is that it's been windy and that seems like it will hold true for at least the next week, maybe two. There's also rain in the forecast so if anything it'll mean continued or increased attention to my skin's dehydration and dryness needs.

Skincare Products

Spoiler

And for those interested in seeing what the interior of the DDG Spectralite Face Mask looks like ... 

@itsfi  That picture is beautiful!! That mask looks so futuristic!!! 

It’s pretty cool looking @ather 😎 and I feel like it has been working too! 👍🏼 

@itsfi  Ooo that’s awesome. Your such an enabler!!! 

@ather, ☺️😇FFF6C832-8352-4CBB-B45E-85BFB02E48FE.gif

@itsfi do you use your mask before you apply your products or after?

@lmaster, both. ☺️ I cleanse and exfoliate before using the DDG mask, and then apply my essences, serums, treatments, moisturizers and oils after

Ok thank you! @itsfi 

I look forward to your review on the DDG face mask after continued use, @itsfi ! 

I plan to check back in about the DDG face mask after about a month @l8totheparty. That should be a good midpoint from the recommended 10 weeks.

Awesome, I'll keep my eye out.  Better if you post before the sale?! Lol lolol

@itsfi 

Or maybe not. Maybe I don't need to spend the $$! 

@l8totheparty, I’ll post an update the weekend before the sale starts.

18 Replies
testing