Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

The NIOD sounds very interesting, @WinglessOneThere have been a couple of products from the brand that I’ve considered but ultimately passed on - I have so many other products I could use. 😆 

@itsfi  Heh, I know what you mean: I have 2 bins of skincare products still waiting for me to thoroughly research or start testing (or decide to give away instead of testing). 🤦‍♀️  

I try to keep my roster of in-use products small for efficiency’s sake, especially for AM, so I’m a big fan of multitaskers. This NIOD serum contains some peptides that aren’t in any of my other peptide-related products—plus so many ingredients found in my other undereye products, I could probably replace most of those products with this one. I think the only thing it’s missing is retinol. 😄 It’s hard to imagine something replacing my beloved DDG eye serum, but this stuff’s a very good candidate. 

That’s really good to know @WinglessOne! I’ll have to check out NIOD one of the days, though much later in the year. 😆 I looked at my bin the other day and with the exception of a few things I might need (and want) to pick up, I should be good with skincare products through most of the spring and summer months. 😉 

Evening routine:##

Skin fairly normal. SK-II in spray bottleSK-II in spray bottle

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL

SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mL

SK-II - R.N.A. POWER Anti-Aging Face Cream

DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Snoxin II

Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater mask 

@l8totheparty  How are you liking the SK-II (I probably already asked you and I really  don't need to know if it's amazing :p). Looks like you use it consistently. Are you testing it or long time user?

Do you think it makes a real difference for you and if yes, what aspect (brightening, pigmentation etc.)?

The SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mL preps my skin to take all the other products, and even makes my foundation application much nicer. That is its no1 function.  Therefore I want to keep an essence in my routine. However, longer-term (over a month now) is it really doing much more? Uncertain.  I originally thought it was helping my skin tone but that is not correct. 

The SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion Toner 5.4 oz Is making my skin soft every time I use it!  It is a lovely addition to the routine. Can I find this with another product? Uncertain at this point. It is supposed to help wrinkles but I have yet to see an improvement there with either product. However, moisturized skin looks supple so I will go with that.

How are you liking (or not liking) the Innisfree mask @l8totheparty

I actually quite like it. It smells like saltwater, has a slightly creamy consistency that reminds me of Saturday Skin waterfall Glacier water cream.  It is plenty moisturizing for me, however, I should give this the ol' test by itself or earlier in the evening to see exactly how tacky or quickly it sinks in, or how moisturizing it really is. I better like it- I bought it last year then thought I didn't and bought it again 😂🤦‍♀️ @itsfi 

I will incorporate it again this week to check. 

“I bought it last year then thought I didn’t and bought it again.” Oh my goodness! This  happens to me more often than I care to admit @l8totheparty! Painfully more often! Hahaha! 😂 It’s bad enough when I plan to have backups...when I do it unintentionally?! My goodness!! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Haha this was the first time for me and  the moment where I said- I must curb the spending on beauty and skincare.  🙄😏😂

@itsfi 

Speaking of which- I used the Innisfree again last night and it was good. The scent reminds me of an ever-so-slightly earthy smell of seawater. The consistency reminds me of SATURDAY SKIN - Waterfall Glacier Water Cream or LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Mask and dried down similar to the LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Mask. It is moisturizing on my skin. Hope that helps!

7A31A427-4EC9-41F0-BA45-D8BDB45A0427.jpeg

I started the PTR Niacinamide discolouration treatment on my shoulders today.  we’ll see if there’s any improvement in my freckling by the end of this tube. 

@heartsmyface I am super curious about the PTR as well - I cannot wait for your longterm reviews !

So intrigued by that PTR treatment @heartsmyface; will keep an eye out for your thoughts on that one. 🧐 And what is that cute pink ball on top of the candle? 🤩

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I’m very interested to see how the PTR works, keep us updated!

Beautiful routines @syyllvviiaa! 😍 Love those Laneige lip products! 💗

Awwww thank you so much- me too!

@syyllvviiaa, do you have a preference for any flavor or version of the Laneige balm and/or mask? 

Saturday night skincare. Skin: fairly normal  20200301_004108.jpg

I'm trying out the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml Sample I have. So far it is nice and hydrating, similar to the FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer. I guess I will see when I use it more. The Lipsmacker in A&W rootbeer smasted soooo good! Smell was delicious. It will he fun to use- and it took me back in time to my youth when I used to go through tubes and tubes of these.

Oooooh, that pore pudding is so nice, @l8totheparty!

It sure is! @haleyvvvv 

1 Reply
testing