Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Awww, lip smackers!! 😍😍 Such a throwback @l8totheparty! Love ‘em! 💗

Today’s daytime routine

early morning before workout - CosRx Anail Mucin mixes with Herbivore Emerald CBD oil 

After shower full morning routine :

3DA1AFFC-482A-4FD8-A1C1-AFFFE9EAF8B4.jpeg

@naturalooks15 we are morning twins haha! I also used the Farmacy, DE and Corsx this morning! All three are so great !

Yay ! For twins @Kim888 

This routine is making my skin happy @naturalooks15! 😃

😀 @itsfi  

My plan is to use my sample moisturizers in March. Thought this might be the place to get some input of which ones are better for AM or PM. Thanks!20200301_115101.jpg

Yes, @ShortErica! Maximize those moisturizer minis!

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I actually really liked the DE Lala at night because I found it too heavy to put makeup over top, but really enjoy it before bed! The other that I’ve tried is the Ole Oil Control and I like that for the day because it is a really nice light moisturizer and it’s always super refreshing, really wakes up the skin!

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Thanks @mazzkm!

I've tried that Kate foil and I found it nice for daytime.  I've used the FAB both morning and night. 

Good luck with your challenge! @ShortErica 

I'm hoping it is doable @l8totheparty. I'm thinking 1-2 uses per sample. I can't wait to share my feelings once I try them all. 🙂

@ShortErica To decide which to use day vs. night, I’d need to look at each moisturizer’s ingredients. For daytime, I like ingredients that prep my skin for, and protect it from, the day’s environmental stressors. That’s why I’d only use DE Lala Retro in the AM: it used to be my beefed-up skin barrier for frigid windy winter days, and wasn’t needed at night while I was in my nice warm bed. 🙂 I’ve never used the Nature Republic cactus gel, but I’d probably apply that one at night as a recovery moisturizer—though I can see how it might also feel nice during the day. 

Besides Lala, the only one of those moisturizers I’ve used is FAB Ultra Repair Cream. I’d use that one at night, but only because it wasn’t moisturizing enough during the day for me. Your mileage may vary. I do have a Sulwhasoo moisturizer sample somewhere but I’ve never tried it. 

Thanks @WinglessOne! I think I will use the cactus gel between my weekend frisbee games. I think any illuminating ones will be for the day and I'll have to look at ingredients for the others. 😊

@ShortErica  The only 2 I’ve used are the FAB and DE and they worked best for me at night.

Thanks @faeriegirl! I appreciate the insight.

AM skincare in a desert city desert routine.jpeg

Skin Type: Dehydrated-dry. Prone to being more dry than normal thanks to being on planes and in the desert🌵

Weather: Dry, desert air

Current Skin Concerns: All kinds of dry... 

Skincare Products:
Spoiler

Tonight was a split PM routine. I’m finally restarting my nighttime exercise routine and managed to get some cardio in tonight, along with some badly needed stretching. 

Part 1 of my skincare routine was pre-workout: 

In tonight’s episode of My Wallet Wishes I Hadn’t Tried It...In tonight’s episode of My Wallet Wishes I Hadn’t Tried It...
Details: 
Spoiler
Makeup removal: Koh Gen Do Spa Water Cleansing Cloths. I could no longer resist the hype and had to try these for myself, and now I wish I hadn’t. 😄 No other wipes compare to these magical things. They removed all my makeup and I’m pretty sure they also got my sunscreen. To test that, I used Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover just under my eyes, to confirm no concealer was left behind. The KGD wipes left my face wonderfully soft and hydrated, and they even felt moisturizing. That’s unheard of for my dry skin and makeup/cleansing wipes. I bought these specifically for travel purposes but man, it’ll be hard not to use them at home! 

Moisturizer: I probably didn’t need this after those magic wipes, but I apply a thin layer of YTTP Superfood Moisturizer anyway. 

Lip care: Good ol’ Aquaphor. 
Part 2 happened about an hour after my workout: 

Retinol nightRetinol night
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. I meant to test a Frudia toner instead but forgot. Hope I remember tomorrow. 

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. 

Serums: The Inkey List Retinol. Then I applied Paula’s Choice Clinical 20% Niacinamide Serum on just my undereyes, oily zone, and chin. This stronger niacinamide serum is having a noticeable effect on my bumpy tear troughs. They’re still bumpy but not as severely. Today my concealer sat better under my eyes than it has in years. I do think the 10% Niacinamide Booster is also effective. It’s just slower. 

Mask: It’s Skin Collagen Nutrition Mask. I didn’t need a huge masking boost tonight, so I just went with this hydrating and moisturizing sheet. 

Moisturizer: Herbivore Emerald CBD Oil, followed by YTTP Superfood Moisturizer. 
Last night was charcoal mask night: 

That bleepin’ sheet mask again :DThat bleepin’ sheet mask again 😄
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Lip care: Aquaphor, topped at the end of this routine with Tatcha Kissu lip mask. 

Serums: DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum under my eyes. After the charcoal mask, I used Paula’s Choice Clinical 20% Niacinamide Serum on my whole face. 

Mask: Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask. I usually apply this only to my oily zone, but last night I went full face with it to help reduce some acne. Since this mask always dries out my face, I also used an OOZOO Face Injection Hydro Lift Mask. 

Thursday night was my second Meltdown attempt:  

Had a much better Meltdown experience this time.Had a much better Meltdown experience this time.
Details: 
Spoiler
Wash: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser. 

Tone/essence: e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. 

Exfoliant: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution. 

Serums: The Inkey List Retinol. Then I applied Paula’s Choice Clinical 20% Niacinamide Serum to my undereyes, nose, and chin. 

Mask: Yadah Soothing Jelly Pack. I use these only because I have a bunch of them and don’t want them to go to waste. But I don’t like these. They do nothing for my skin. I think this will be the last one I use. 

Hydrating mist: Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow. I think I’m subconsciously trying to finish this bottle, because I don’t normally use it as frequently on my face as I have lately. I usually use it as a pre-lotion body mist, and not everyday. 

Spot treatment: Blume Meltdown, used directly on jawline acne and nowhere else. This time I applied it after moisturizing and has no bad reaction, hooray! It tingled a bit on one area, but didn’t burn or cause redness/itching/hives. It didn’t make acne disappear but did reduce the size of some of it. 

Those Koh Gen Do wipes are magical.  MA.GI.CAL. simply the best wipes. I wish I had never tried them, as I am forever spoiled by face wipes now. Plus they are $$$ so I may not ever be able to afford them again. I consider them to be along the lines of a high-end face mask- not necessary but a wonderful, lux bonus; a way to feel extra. @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  They really are fantastic. They’re so good, my skin didn’t react badly at all to them, even though they contain lavender extract which usually causes problems for me. Some seriously good witchcraft was used to make these. 

They remind me of my favorite Girl Scout cookie. I hate shredded coconut with a burning passion. (Coconut in any other form is good, though!) But I looooove Samoas (aka Caramel deLites). That’s how good Samoas are. That’s how good the KGD wipes are: they contain lavender and my face still loves ‘em. 

Off topic: do Canadian Girl Guides sell more flavors of cookies yet? I was born and raised in Michigan, so I remember a few friends who crossed the border specifically to buy Girl Scouts cookies during cookie season. We even have Girl Scout cookie ice cream (sold by a couple ice cream brands) here in the US. 😄 

Nope, we have 2 Girl Guide cookies- chocolate mint and the sandwich cookie only. @WinglessOne I haven't bought them in long while! My coworkers have sometimes brought them in. Samoas sound right up my alley!  Hm...now I'm craving cookies lol 

testing