Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Almost every night is an episode of my wallet wishes I hadn't tried this! I feel this so much @WinglessOne! But when you find a product that works, what are you going to do 🤷‍♀️? Those wipes sound so lux! And I'm glad the Meltdown worked this second time!

@WinglessOne  Thanks for all of the reviews!  Those Koh Gen Do Spa Water Cleansing Cloths look amazing. And I'm actually kind of curious about the meltdown now.

Wednesday:20200227_004556.jpg

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz - first time trying it out! 

Tonight:

Time to test out the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum- I loved it the first time, let's give it another shot. 20200229_010208.jpg

How was the PTR mask, @l8totheparty? That's good that you liked the TLC! I found it did nothing for my skin, unfortunately.

1st time PTR pumpkin user, long-time follower ha. It was alright.  I read that it caused tingling but I had no tingling.  My skin did feel smoother afterwards. 

The TLC - 2nd use, maybe less wow vs the 1st use. I'm happy I have the little container to try out, as I wouldn't have tried it otherwise.  The price point of the big container makes me wonder if there is another similar yet more cost effective product out there. 

@haleyvvvv 

@l8totheparty sounds like The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL may be what you are looking for, according to some 😉 @sprocketta 

If they only sold that in Canada!!  I wish! I read it has to do with the AHA%. But next time I'm in the USA, by goodness, there will be shopping!  Babyfacial and Ordinary 30% here I come! Haha 

@eshoe 

Lol, @l8totheparty. I've heard a range of sensations for the PTR, but everyone's skin is different.

For TLC it's hard, because I think most of the products that have both that I've come across are not really a night serum more a mask or peel so there's a much higher concentration or they're as expensive (DDG pads). I've been using TO Lactic Acid for an AHA twice a week and only using a BHA in a weekly mask thing. The Herbivore prism old formula (5 and not 12 percent aha) was probably the closest in terms of like a product to use similarly in a routine (at least that I've come across), but also wasn't super cheap. The big container is so expensive but the little ones are fairly affordable and do last a while.

This morning and tonight. Weather is pretty normal, skin is annoyed and in need of TLC but I’ve been too tired to properly assess the whole situation. Some exfoliating is needed which hopefully will happen after spending the day gardening tomorrow.AMAM

Spoiler

I just checked Sephora and the Herbivore Bakuchiol is gone from Sephora  Canada as well. Huh. Wonder why?

@eshoe 

No ideas @l8totheparty, I would love to know which of their products is the best-selling, though. Maybe the Bakuchiol doesn’t sell well on Sephora, who knows🤷🏻‍♀️ 

@eshoe  Oh no, that is really strange about the Herbivore Bakuchiol. I hope it comes back for sale on sephora, as I really like it too. It looks to still be available on their main consumer site, though, so I imagine that's a good sign.

I hope it’s not going anywhere @PrettyPaint, it’s the only product that smoothes my skin and stays that way for hours!

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

That is so odd about the Bakuchiol! Especially because it is removed completely and not just out of stock 🤔

Re: RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I know, @mazzkm! It’s going to be a tough one to replace if I have to🤨

@eshoe ooh I've been so curious about the Peach and Lily glass skin.  How do you like it?

@averylayne I like the Peach & Lily, I’ve only used it a handful of times so I don’t have a strong opinion yet. It has a nice viscosity and absorbs quickly. No scent, which is nice, too. I will happily finish this, although I think there are similar products that perform nearly as well so I most likely won’t be repurchasing. 

@eshoe good to know! No scent is always a plus, and so is quick absorption. thanks!

It’s a beautiful serum @averylayne. sometimes it’s just difficult to differentiate between products. I used to be a one brand only gal, and was totally ok and content with that. Whatever X brand was releasing that season, I was happy with; I wasn’t so concerned with the advances in beauty technology as I was in trying something new from them. No pressure, just a fun curiosity that was satisfied from spring to summer, summer to fall, etc.

@eshoe I definitely agree with you about the difficulty to differentiate.  Often times, different brands will come out with products that are so similar and of course reviews always say it's the best...but you can't have 50 of the same serum that's ranked as number 1! Being brand loyal has it's advantages haha

RE: Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

My product envy is REAL! Rosacea is a jerk, and requires me to follow a pretty simple, targeted routine. As much I'd love to be a skincare junkie, the experimentation isn't worth the risk of flare-ups. And many products that target redness - looking at you, Dr. Jart Cica line! - contain ingredients that exacerbate my problem. 

Thankfully I have an esthetician here in Chicago whose line (I assume private label) keeps my skin looking healthy. The first picture is my everyday routine: cleanser, redness-reducing serum, moisturizing sunscreen or night cream, and an eye cream (not pictured). I'd been using her Vitamin C serum as well, but like all the others I've ever tried, it broke me out. The second picture includes my weekly or occasional treatments, my favorite of which is the BHA/enzyme peel (AHAs and retinols are tricky). I also love the Karuna and Leaders 7 Wonders masks, but don't have any on hand. 

The only products I ever use that I can actually tag are The INKEY List Rosehip Nourishing Night Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL, CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover 6.7 oz/ 200 mL (not pictured), THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, and occasionally LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original. How sad! 😂

1 Reply
testing